View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:02 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Message from DarkForce. 
Hazed

SURPRISE WIKISECHS

Not as surprising (nor probably as painful) as that other kind...

Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:54 pm
Mugwump

This thread just keeps on stumbling along.

Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:58 pm

Cidolfas... If your still here... Make a thread asking for people who would like to help dejap finish the projects. This would take the atention of programmers and rom hackers to volunteer and help. I'm also looking forward to the final version of Star Ocean (thats the best game ever made for snes). Also from all other games because they are all great.

Wish you luck finding voluteers. Recover well DF :) .

Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:19 am
Well, I've been playing for over almost 8 years on roms, and have followed DeJaps translations a lot, since they are one of the best translations. I am currently in college and I started when I was just a kid.
It's sad to see DeJap die, but people change and times move on. New and better Romhackers may come as well as they may not, it's a scattered and dying breed. I'd help myself, but college, and my social life take up most of my time. The only time I have free is to sleep. I guess most of the people that started a long time ago like myself are older and wiser by now, but as a downside, we have barely any free time to tinker around like we used to. I wish the best of luck to DF, one of the best for his time. Hope he gets well.

Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:25 am
Rookie

I'm sorry to hear the news about DF (I've been away awhile) and the fading of DeJap; I always checked first with them whenever I was looking for a translation.

Thanks for all the great work over the years :)

Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:39 pm
Hazed

It's been awhile since i quit the emulation scene. Randomly decided to check up here... and saw this thread. Such a shame.
I want to give Darkforce and the DeJap team my most genuine thanks,
without you, we would never have experienced the pleasures of these great games.

Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:56 am
Profile YIM WWW

Ok, It's been a year and a lil bit more since DeJap died... so, the 1.000.000 US$ Dollars question...
Which translation group/human being/alien will finish the Star Ocean Patch (Version 2.0)
I think that this game REALLY deserves this final patch for love to the RPGs and to the game itself...
And who will make the LONG AWAITED Far East of Eden Zero patch?

Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:21 pm
Hazed

Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:49 pm
Profile WWW
I would love to see Tales of phantasia (I know it's coming out on GBA soon) and I'd also love to see star ocean finished. unfortunately this semester I will not have much time.

I also know NOTHING about hacking snes roms, but would love to learn.
I'm a CS major (almost done) so I should be able to help, I also have friends who would probably be able to help. what exactly needs to be done (and what do I need to do it?)

unfortunately, I can't translate :-\

Thanks

(I'd be willing to do everything under the dejap name too)

Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:58 am
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

I would love to see Tales of phantasia (I know it's coming out on GBA soon) and I'd also love to see star ocean finished. unfortunately this semester I will not have much time.

I'm a CS major (almost done) so I should be able to help, I also have friends who would probably be able to help. what exactly needs to be done (and what do I need to do it?)

unfortunately, I can't translate :-\

Thanks

(I'd be willing to do everything under the dejap name too)

You might be out of the loop but both Tales of Phantasia and Star Ocean have been translated fully by Dejap...

Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:13 am
Seen it all

*points to RomHacking.net*

Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:22 am
Profile WWW
Romhacking God

evil_andy wrote:

*points to RomHacking.net*

It's best to direct newbies to the 'Getting Started' section there. THAT'S what it was designed for:

http://www.romhacking.net/?page=start

Also, our affiliate site romhacks.net is a great place to get started as well:

Romhacking for Beginners

Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:07 pm
Profile WWW
Alright, I missed the part that said translation was at 100%

so all that's left is programming, script editing, and graphics editing. (for TOP)

but yeah, I have contacted a friend and we're going to attempt to learn all of this during the semester and see what happens over the summer.

Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:14 pm
Regular

Alright, I missed the part that said translation was at 100%

so all that's left is programming, script editing, and graphics editing. (for TOP)

but yeah, I have contacted a friend and we're going to attempt to learn all of this during the semester and see what happens over the summer.

WTF are you talking about? You can get a patch that translates Tales Of Phantasia 100%, and Star Ocean 99.9 % (there is one graphic for a Yes/No selection that is not edited - super easy to figure it out). No editing needed at all. If you could finish translating Dragon Quest VI or translate Far East Of Eden Zero for example...

Once again: What are you talking about?

Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:11 am
I've been a follower of DeJap for a very long time. Since roughly around 1998-1999. It's sad to see all of them go, but people move on and as many other people have stated here. Most of the old people related to this site since 99' most likely are either working, studying, or both. MOst of us don't have the time necessary to follow-up with the site anymore which is sad to say. It's been a good run so far really. Good luck to all. Hope you recover DF.

Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:49 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4