Just looking

Dejap's website appears to be defunct. This forum is now in archive mode.

Moderator: Dejap Staff

DragonBait

Just looking

Post by DragonBait »

this is not a request for translation but, has anyone played DWM: Caravan Heart? I just got a copy and e-mailed square to see if a north american version would be made. I was wondering if anyone knew about a translation site for that title or if anyone is considering doing it? I aquired the game recently and am hoping to play it one day.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Keep an eye on The Whirlpool. If a translation project isn't mentioned there, it isn't anywhere.
Last edited by Agozer on Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
DragonBait

Post by DragonBait »

thanks, but it looks like bad news :| Oh well. I don't think it is a big enough title to warrent interest from translation groups :|
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

The only bad news in the translation scene is when somebody gives up on a game.

The fact that noone started to translate this game yet doesn't mean it'll never be translated.
Hope and patience are your best bet...

Or, hard work and patience (again) if you get on the other side of the scene and do it yourself.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
DragonBait

Post by DragonBait »

lol I agree not discouraged, I do not know a thing about rom hacking but I am going to ask some friends at work if they would play it and maybe translate some and get something started lol but I doubt it :|

I'm just on a hype I found the game in the first place. Huge Dragon Quest Fan :)
DarkDragoon
Soul Hacker

Post by DarkDragoon »

Though it would have been nice if the game did come over here, seeing as SquareEnix is practically ignoring everything Enix when it comes time for a US release <mutters about us not getting DQ5reprise>. However, I am to understand that Caravan Hearts took out the normal breeding system and replaced it with a "heart class" system, similar to what was seen in DW7.

Hopefully, DWM DS will bring back the breeding, but keep the heart class system, allowing you to create even more customized monsters.
Toot toot Sonic Warrior, deep in space and time
Toot toot Sonic Warrior, forever in your mind
Nothing can survive the will to stay alive
'cause if you try, you can do anything
DragonBait

Post by DragonBait »

did you say Dragon Warrior monster DM? what is that I have not heard about it? I found a rough translation as a text document for DWM CH if anyone is interested in playing but cannot read japanese, although you'd be a pretty dedicated DWM lpayer to want to play this way :)
DarkDragoon
Soul Hacker

Post by DarkDragoon »

DragonBait wrote:did you say Dragon Warrior monster DM? what is that I have not heard about it?
DWM DS actually. It's a new game in the series that is being made for (obviously) the Nintendo DS.
Nightcrawler
Romhacking God

Post by Nightcrawler »

Agozer wrote:Keep an eye on The Whirlpool. If a translation project isn't mentioned there, it isn't anywhere.
My translation project of Tenshi No Uta isn't mentioned there and it exists! :P
They did get my other ones though.. so that's ok.

What you said as a general statement though is true enough. Especially when it comes to newbies. :)

Most of them are only interested in patches. If project has no patch, they don't care about it.
[url=http://transcorp.romhacking.net]TransCorp[/url] - Home of the Dual Orb 2, Cho Mahou Tairyku Wozz, and Emerald Dragon SFC/SNES translations.
[url=http://www.romhacking.net]ROMhacking.net[/url] - The central hub of the ROM hacking community.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Nightcrawler wrote:
Agozer wrote:Keep an eye on The Whirlpool. If a translation project isn't mentioned there, it isn't anywhere.

What you said as a general statement though is true enough. Especially when it comes to newbies. :)

Most of them are only interested in patches. If project has no patch, they don't care about it.
I hope everything goes well with Emerald Dragon. :)
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
DarkDragoon
Soul Hacker

Post by DarkDragoon »

Nightcrawler wrote: My translation project of Tenshi No Uta isn't mentioned there and it exists! :P
Hmm, I found it listed there (though, as Song of the Angel)
Nightcrawler
Romhacking God

Post by Nightcrawler »

Well then.. I stand corrected! I didn't expect to find it under that name. Thanks.

The translated title is open to debate though. It can be 'Song of the Angel' or
'Poem of the Angel'. Better to go with the untranslated title. That's NOT disputable! hehe
[url=http://transcorp.romhacking.net]TransCorp[/url] - Home of the Dual Orb 2, Cho Mahou Tairyku Wozz, and Emerald Dragon SFC/SNES translations.
[url=http://www.romhacking.net]ROMhacking.net[/url] - The central hub of the ROM hacking community.
DragonBait

Post by DragonBait »

lol well at least it is there! I love these projects. Most of these are my fav games and its nice to play them again.

I got into the DWM CH and it is really good, hard to work with items and skills/menus but the translated story works really well.
DragonBait

Post by DragonBait »

DarkDragoon wrote:
DragonBait wrote:did you say Dragon Warrior monster DM? what is that I have not heard about it?
DWM DS actually. It's a new game in the series that is being made for (obviously) the Nintendo DS.
where did you see this? Is it slated for a north american release?
DarkDragoon
Soul Hacker

Post by DarkDragoon »

DragonBait wrote:
DarkDragoon wrote:
Though it might end up not coming over here, Nintendo of America (as well as nearly every video game news site) has it listed as coming over here.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Agozer wrote:
Nightcrawler wrote:

And WOZZ. Yeah baby.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
DragonBait

Post by DragonBait »

DarkDragoon wrote:
DragonBait wrote:
DarkDragoon wrote:
Though it might end up not coming over here, Nintendo of America (as well as nearly every video game news site) has it listed as coming over here.
Thanks for the info I did find mention that they are releasing the DWM series on it :) I'm surprised that my google searches did come up with that before :|
Nightcrawler
Romhacking God

Post by Nightcrawler »

grinvader wrote:
Agozer wrote:
Nightcrawler wrote:

And WOZZ. Yeah baby.
Oh yes.. They are coming along. Wozz is very close to completion. I'm hoping it will all come together before years end.. Alot of that depends on whether or not Akujin shows up again sometime soon with script.

Emerald Dragon is still a good ways away, but I will probably release a menu patch for it when I finish those up. That will at least make the game much more playable for people who don't mind playing with Japanese dialog.
MorteTheSkull
Hazed

Post by MorteTheSkull »

Emerald Dragon? I've never heard of that. What type of game is it? Does it involve emerald dragons?
"Did you see the way that female zombie was looking at me?"
"You're imagining things, Morte."
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

MorteTheSkull wrote:Emerald Dragon? I've never heard of that. What type of game is it? Does it involve emerald dragons?
Well, you could check Nightcrawler's site.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

MorteTheSkull wrote:Emerald Dragon? I've never heard of that. What type of game is it? Does it involve emerald dragons?
Ba-dum pshh !

Sig Material Ahoy...
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

grinvader wrote:
Ba-dum pshh !

Sig Material Ahoy...
Roofles. Indeed. :)
-Steve-
Rookie

Post by -Steve- »

grinvader wrote:
Ba-dum pshh !

Sig Material Ahoy...

lol! :D
Nightcrawler
Romhacking God

Post by Nightcrawler »

Agozer wrote:
Well, you could check Nightcrawler's site.
Yeah.. I would list all my current projects in my sig, but then it would just be annoying. So.. yes.. I am working on Emerald Dragon, Wozz, Herakles IV, and Tenshi No Uta. Go to my site if you want additional information. If you can't find the link.. well.. I'm not going to tell you! :P

Imagine if Gideon were to list all his projects in his sig!
MorteTheSkull
Hazed

Post by MorteTheSkull »

lol, yeah, I looked it up, it does indeed seem to involve Emerald Dragons.
"Did you see the way that female zombie was looking at me?"
"You're imagining things, Morte."