Question about ToP storyline

Dejap's website appears to be defunct. This forum is now in archive mode.

Moderator: Dejap Staff

magno
Rookie

Question about ToP storyline

Post by magno »

Hi, everyone!

I am translating Tales of Phantasia into Spanish and I am about to release the final patch. But while betatesting the game, I realized that Dejap's script said that Cless and the others travel 150 years into the future and 50 years in the future. When you first meet Harrison, he says he comes from 50 years in the future, but when you arrive to that time and talk to the people, you come to the conclusionthat you have travelled 150 years into the futuer, not 50 as Harrison said.
So... what the proper time, 150 years into the future or 50 years into the future? I need to know so I can change the descendants acording to the time.

Thank you in advance!
Oblivion
What?

Post by Oblivion »

I haven't played ToP in some time now, but wasn't it something like [ Present --> 100 years before present day --> 50 years after present day ]? Note that I could be totally wrong, it's just that I don't remember anything about 150 years into the future.
Everything I say is a lie.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

That's correct.

past: 4202 ------ present: 4304 ------- future: 4354

For ALL details (full of spoilers, beware) check THIS.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
magno
Rookie

Post by magno »

Thank you, guys!

I supposed it was 50 years in the future, as so it is in the anime. Maybe the script DarkForce gave me was out-to-date and that little detail was fixed in Dejap's last patch.

Thank you again!
Tallgeese
Justice is Blind

Post by Tallgeese »

grinvader wrote:That's correct.

past: 4202 ------ present: 4304 ------- future: 4354

For ALL details (full of spoilers, beware) check THIS.
Just to check... The idea that Secondo in Eternia is actually Dhaos is total bull, right?
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Metatron wrote:Just to check... The idea that Secondo in Eternia is actually Dhaos is total bull, right?
You mean Sekundes ?

Well... a bit of logic here.
In ToP - Dhaos 1&2 weak against Indignation (Dhaos 3 not stupid and learnt to block it somehow), jumps into time at every bind encountered.
In TotW Narikiri Dungeon 2 - Dhaos in the bottom of the castle of illusion... weak against Indignation
In ToE - Sekundes at the bottom of Shizel's castle... casting Indignation on him when he's under 1/2, 1/3 or 1/4 MaxHP (depends on current game difficulty) automatically adds... something ;) , weak to lightning (by 1%), supreme craymel ruling over time...
Plus sprites are rather similar (compared to PS1 version)... and overall behavior too (the whole "I don't want to fight you unless you bug me to")

I think this is pretty easy to tell now.

Oh, another info - the voice actor for both Dhaos and Sekundes = Kaneto Shiozawa (now deceased - RIP)
皆黙って俺について来い!!

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Tallgeese
Justice is Blind

Post by Tallgeese »

Wait, so it's NOT total coincidence that Indignation fries him? Well damn.

I thought only the more obvious games were connected bar cameos. Guess not.
Shinrin
Rookie

Post by Shinrin »

Indignation was a good spell at halfway through the game.. but got weak over time. (even though you can still kill some pretty tough monsters with it in one hit) All that talk about it being like one of the best spells turned out to be a simi weak spell late in the game.

Good game though, the story line cought me in. But i dunno how a good old Red socks Player and Fox (i think) come into the original story. XD good laugh tho.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

shinrin wrote:All that talk about it being like one of the best spells turned out to be a simi weak spell late in the game.
I'm not talking about its overall usefulness, I'm talking about proof that Sekundes is Dhaos.
皆黙って俺について来い!!