Tales of Phantasia in Spanish released

Dejap's website appears to be defunct. This forum is now in archive mode.

Moderator: Dejap Staff

magno
Rookie

Tales of Phantasia in Spanish released

Post by magno »

I have finally released my Dejap-based spanish translation. I have to thank deeply, from the bottom of my heart, for the help DarkForce gave me (its utilities are the best i have seen ever in romhacking) and for all the skills I have learned from them.

Although this patch is based on Dejap's one, I made some improvements such as 9 characters width for enemies' names, one line for each item in the inventory menu (during battles), one bug with the indicator hand int the Magic menu (during battles) and some esthetic improvements in the battle screen (The name "Chester" is now moved apart from the HP counter as you can see in these screenshots)

I don't know if anyone is in charge of Dejpa's website, but if anyone is, I would be pleased to be linked there, as this is one of the multilingual version.

Go for the patch here http://www.nekein.com/magno

Thank you all!
Last edited by magno on Sat Aug 13, 2005 6:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
LobStar
Lurker

Post by LobStar »

Awesome job mate! Congratulations! *Hats off!*
... Ever take a look at the Earthbound ROM? I SWEAR THE PROGRAMMERS WERE ON CRACK WHEN THEY DID IT! JUST LOOK AT IT!
darkbenny
Box Car Superhero

Post by darkbenny »

Great work!
bringing Zsnes back
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

Nice job, sir. :P
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Yeah, what they said. :)
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Rafagas

nice

Post by Rafagas »

Magmo muchas gracias por tu trabajo, te he mandado un mail por que tengo unos problemas, para resumirlo todo tendras un top con las especificaciones necesarias para que tus parches funcionen? por que todos los problemas que tengo se reducen a los top que he podido conseguir que no coninciden.
De antemano gracias y buena suerte en tus demas trabajos
lockharte
Regular

Post by lockharte »

hmm...i thought they had released a spanish translation awhile back. heck, they even have a brazillian portuguese trans.
magno
Rookie

Post by magno »

yes, they had. But lets say this way: that translation is like you had a game in japanese without any kanji in the text, pretty unreadable: it hasn't any spanish character on it (except 'ñ'). The translation isn't accurate at some points, some dialogs have insults that aren't in context and what's is worse, the worse I have ever seen: there is a very serious reference about a mexican politic. Besides, the game hangs at Midgard, so it isn't playable at all.

It really needed a retranslation and I had been working also on the game by my own after the spanish "translation" was released, so I would have done my own version anyway :D
Noxious Ninja
Dark Wind

Re: Tales of Phantasia in Spanish released

Post by Noxious Ninja »

Good work! I don't know Spanish, so I can't comment on the translation, but it's nice ot see people working on these things.
magno wrote:Although this patch is based on Dejap's one, I made some improvements such as 9 characters width for enemies' names, one line for each item in the inventory menu (during battles), one bug with the indicator hand int the Magic menu (during battles) and some esthetic improvements in the battle screen (The name "Chester" is now moved apart from the HP counter as you can see in these screenshots)
Is there any chance you could add these fixes to DeJap's English patch, or not? I'm just curious.
[u][url=http://bash.org/?577451]#577451[/url][/u]
magno
Rookie

Re: Tales of Phantasia in Spanish released

Post by magno »

Noxious Ninja wrote: Is there any chance you could add these fixes to DeJap's English patch, or not? I'm just curious.
Yes of course. I thought of that when I did the new patch, so I compiled the fixes to a new IPS that apply to Dejap's one. I wanted to talk to Darkforce about it, but i can't see on ICQ nor IRC and I don't think he reads the email much often...
Tallgeese
Justice is Blind

Post by Tallgeese »

Care to link to it here then? I imagine one of the more helpful ZSNES members will also put a link up for it.
Oblivion
What?

Post by Oblivion »

If no one else will I'd host a mirror.
Everything I say is a lie.
magno
Rookie

Post by magno »

I'll be off this week because I am going for a trip, but when I come back home, I will try to get in touch with DarkForce to ask for his permission (I would like he was aware of this). If I can't, then we'll see what to do :D
Cidolfas
Hazed

Post by Cidolfas »

DF doesn't really answer the address he posted here any more. Send it to me (cidolfas@rpgclassics.com) and I'll forward it to him.
magno
Rookie

Post by magno »

I think it won't be as easy as I thought at first to patch the english version. I removed from the spanish asm patch all that wasn't necessary at all for the english version, but the game hangs when any character levels up.

I got in touch with DF by ICQ, but I couldn't talk to him because of the different time of day :(
galamonth
Rookie

Post by galamonth »

For some reason unknown to me 7z and winzip doesnt open it, i have download the patch more than once and still get that the file isnt supported or corrupted, any idea whats its wrong with the patch?
romhackhispano.org Spanish Translations
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

I just downloaded the patch from DeJap's site, and WinZip has no problems opening the archive.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
galamonth
Rookie

Post by galamonth »

Ok i got it now, the download was first inconplete but i get it working from the parent directory.
romhackhispano.org Spanish Translations
magno
Rookie

Post by magno »

Agozer wrote:I just downloaded the patch from DeJap's site, and WinZip has no problems opening the archive.
From Dejap's?? My patch is NOT at Dejap's and I think galamonth was talking about mine.

Enjoy the translation, galamonth! :D
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

magno wrote:
Agozer wrote:I just downloaded the patch from DeJap's site, and WinZip has no problems opening the archive.
From Dejap's?? My patch is NOT at Dejap's and I think galamonth was talking about mine.

Enjoy the translation, galamonth! :D
Ah, ok. Apologies then.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
ThunderClaw
I know where you live.

Post by ThunderClaw »

Holy shit, a good patch release that didn't come from Gideon or Nightcrawler.

I think my faith in THE SCENE may have just been restored.
FireKnight:I'm pretty sure a 1KG 24k gold brick costs less than that.

phonymike: well the same amount of raw metals used in a car costs a fraction of the price of a new car idiot. I'm gonna take away your posting privileges and replace them with my balls on your chin.

I smell spray paint.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

ThunderClaw wrote:Holy shit, a good patch release that didn't come from Gideon or Nightcrawler.

Err, check timestamps, man.

It's been months.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
ThunderClaw
I know where you live.

Post by ThunderClaw »

grinvader wrote:Err, check timestamps, man.

It's been months.
What is your point
FireKnight:I'm pretty sure a 1KG 24k gold brick costs less than that.

phonymike: well the same amount of raw metals used in a car costs a fraction of the price of a new car idiot. I'm gonna take away your posting privileges and replace them with my balls on your chin.

I smell spray paint.
magno
Rookie

Post by magno »

ThunderClaw wrote:Holy shit, a good patch release that didn't come from Gideon or Nightcrawler.

Although it has been months, it is always a pleasure to read this kind of things :D Thanks, ThnderClaw :)

The next target: an spanish translation of "Seiken Densetsu 3" (aka Secret of Mana 2) and... a multilingual version maybe..... ? :roll: XDD
Aerdan
Winter Knight

Post by Aerdan »

magno wrote:The next target: an spanish translation of "Seiken Densetsu 3" (aka Secret of Mana 2 (aka I'm an idiot who panders to the masses, perpetuating a misconception based on the fact that SD3 is the second SNES Seiken Densetsu) and... a multilingual version maybe..... ? :roll: XDD
fixed.