Star Ocean Translation wont work!

Dejap's website appears to be defunct. This forum is now in archive mode.

Moderator: Dejap Staff

HellBoy

Star Ocean Translation wont work!

Post by HellBoy »

I dont know why, i downloaded Star Ocean Japanese version from a site and the graphics and the translation from yours but the translation won't work. I have named the ips file the same as the smc but again it doesn't do anything, it still is in japanese. Is there a reason for that?
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Make sure that

1. You have e.g. So.smc and So.ips
2. Put the IPS file in the same folder as the rom image or if you have defined a save directory, put the IPS file into the folder where our saves are.
3. Goto Config --> Options and make sure that the Automatic IPS Patching is enabled.
4. Read the documentation
Last edited by Agozer on Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
HellBoy

Post by HellBoy »

I have named them soe.smc/srm/ips.
All of them are in the same directory/folder
In the options the Auto-Patch is enabled.

The documentation doesn't say anything particular about my problem i think. Perhaps it's the rom that does not connect. I downloaded it from a french site, however it is working in japanese
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Where you downloaded the rom has nothing to do with what the language of the game is, unless you downloaded a prepatched game. That's not the case since SO is in japanse like it should be.

The documentation has clear instructions how to soft-patch games. You might also try hard-patching the rom, but you'll need an IPS patcher for that.

Does Windows show all extensions in files?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
badinsults
"Your thread will be crushed."

Post by badinsults »

If you have specified a specific directory for zsnes to put save files in, then you must have the IPS patch in that folder.
<pagefault> i'd break up with my wife if she said FF8 was awesome
Tomato
Hazed

Post by Tomato »

What part is Japanese still? The subtitles when the captain is speaking is in Japanese even in the translation.
HellBoy

Post by HellBoy »

Ok i patched the game, at last! Thanks for help
Coolanm60000

Post by Coolanm60000 »

Im just saying: Isn't it better that the captain talks Japanese and the subtitles in English. I like anime and i see them in Japanese with English subtitles. Its just that i like the game original but with the TEXT translated, not the voices.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Bitch to Tri-Ace, they're the ones who made it that way. :roll: Personally I don't have a problem with the captain speaking english + japanese subtitles.
Tomato
Hazed

Post by Tomato »

Seriously, I'm starting to get sick of people thinking that we translated those voices into English or something :/
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

How are the subtitles stored, by the way ?
I assume graphic tiles data (decompressed by the sdd1), because it's unlikely dark force missed a string in his script dumper.
Getting these sprites transparent should put an end to half of the whining (the half that complains as soon as they see japanese somewhere).
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
LobStar
Lurker

Post by LobStar »

goatSader wrote: graphic tiles data (decompressed by the sdd1),
Just like that : )
... Ever take a look at the Earthbound ROM? I SWEAR THE PROGRAMMERS WERE ON CRACK WHEN THEY DID IT! JUST LOOK AT IT!