To whom it may concern: (Super Bomberman 5)

Dejap's website appears to be defunct. This forum is now in archive mode.

Moderator: Dejap Staff

cubgrant23

To whom it may concern: (Super Bomberman 5)

Post by cubgrant23 »

my friend and i have gone threw every single screen and translated all of the japanese to english for super bomberman 5 onto paper. however neither one of us have any idea as to how to put this into the ROM. i was just wondering if i could get any help from someone here, whether it be i give you all the translations that we have done, or maybe someone show us how to change it in the ROM. we would be glad to try to implement it into the ROM ourselves however this would probably take us 10 x as long to achieve. so would anyone out there be willing to point us into the right direction as to what to do next.

thanks
bomberman fanatic
ThunderClaw
I know where you live.

Post by ThunderClaw »

I admire your dedication, but to be truthful, you're probably not going to get any useful replies on the board of a translation team that has a total of 0 active members.
FireKnight:I'm pretty sure a 1KG 24k gold brick costs less than that.

phonymike: well the same amount of raw metals used in a car costs a fraction of the price of a new car idiot. I'm gonna take away your posting privileges and replace them with my balls on your chin.

I smell spray paint.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Kinda sad really, considering the amount of work cubgrant and his friend have done.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
badinsults
"Your thread will be crushed."

Post by badinsults »

Try your luck by putting up an ad here:

http://donut.parodius.com/
<pagefault> i'd break up with my wife if she said FF8 was awesome
Vault Dweller
Lurker

Post by Vault Dweller »

if (cubegrant23 = advertise){
return ProperCaps;
}

I hate Java.
[quote="Magus'"]You are officially the first black wigger I've ever met.[/quote]
Noxious Ninja
Dark Wind

Post by Noxious Ninja »

Unless advertise == false, that will always return ProperCaps.
[u][url=http://bash.org/?577451]#577451[/url][/u]
cubgrant23

Post by cubgrant23 »

This was a very disheartening response, we spent about a week doing this, and all the websites that I have been to have all turned up with the same responses. I know there has to be some one out there who is able to implement the translation that we have done.
badinsults
"Your thread will be crushed."

Post by badinsults »

There are a select few who have the ability. The main issue is the hacking, which is not an easy matter. They have to figure out the text tables, and break any text encryption. I believe that it is more useful to translate the script that comes directly out of the rom, rather than translating it based on the text you see in game, as there may be discrepancies to the position.

Personally, I would love to see games like Bomberman 5 translated. The greatest amount of effort in translations seems to be in RPGs (and for good reason). There are some notable exceptions, like the excellent Star Fox 2 translation. The main issue is that there has to be an interested hacker, and most are working on their own projects.
<pagefault> i'd break up with my wife if she said FF8 was awesome
Louis Cypher
Devil Summoner

Post by Louis Cypher »

I'd normally be very interested, honestly, but I really don't have the time to work on it right now. I'm going full-tilt on Cyber Knight 2 in hopes of a speedy release, and I'm buried in school work too. Sorry :/
[url=http://agtp.romhack.net]Aeon Genesis ~ We eat ham and jam and spam-alot[/url]
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

Gideon Zhi, but how about take the translation, and when you get a chance, perhaps in 4 months from now, take care of it?
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.