Dragon Quest V

Dejap's website appears to be defunct. This forum is now in archive mode.

Moderator: Dejap Staff

Berserker257

Dragon Quest V

Post by Berserker257 »

I understand this project was completed a while ago, still I'd like to say this is incredible! I can't notice the game was a fan translation, excellent job. I was wondering if you were still in touch with the guys from Partial Translations, and if there are any plans of releasing any extra media for this game. On their site I've read that they were planning on releasing a scanned manual and wanted to know if this project was cancelled. Artwork for these games is very scarce (or I simply don't know where to look :P) so I'd appreciate anything at all. Thanks for the hard work, all hail Dejap..and the ZSNES team.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

AFAIK, DeJap is pretty much disbanded right now. Don't know what the future holds though.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Berserker257

Post by Berserker257 »

Damn, that's too bad. I suppose this means Dragon Quest VI translation won't be finished any time soon, if at all. :( Heh, oh well, but maybe you guys know of any site with DQ artwork, or have some on your pc you wouldn't mind sharing? Again, anything at all is appreciated.
Miyomei
"I ate JB."

Post by Miyomei »

Berserker257 wrote:Damn, that's too bad. I suppose this means Dragon Quest VI translation won't be finished any time soon, if at all. :( Heh, oh well, but maybe you guys know of any site with DQ artwork, or have some on your pc you wouldn't mind sharing? Again, anything at all is appreciated.
I don't know where you can find the art, but the artist is Akira Toriyama. The same artist that does the art for every DQ game, Chrono Trigger, and the Dragon Ball series. That should help you out in your search.
Berserker257

Post by Berserker257 »

I already know that, but thanks anyway mate. 8)
Nightcrawler
Romhacking God

Post by Nightcrawler »

I speak fairly regularly with Neil_ from Partial Translations. I don't think he wants to touch DQ5 with a 10 foot pole these days, but for a manual scan or something he might go for it.

What exact materials are you asking for? I'll pass your message along to him. I know he owns the cartridge and has a copy of the manual. I don't know if he personally owns a scanner or not though.
[url=http://transcorp.romhacking.net]TransCorp[/url] - Home of the Dual Orb 2, Cho Mahou Tairyku Wozz, and Emerald Dragon SFC/SNES translations.
[url=http://www.romhacking.net]ROMhacking.net[/url] - The central hub of the ROM hacking community.
Berserker257

Post by Berserker257 »

Exact Materials? Anything is fine, really. A full manual scan would be nice, as would some posters of any Dragon Quest game, not just V. The more the better, right? Thanks once again.
Nightcrawler
Romhacking God

Post by Nightcrawler »

Send me an e-mail to remind or I'm likely to forget.

crawlerNOSPAMPLEASE@parodius.com

Take out the NOSPAMPLEASE part of course.
[url=http://transcorp.romhacking.net]TransCorp[/url] - Home of the Dual Orb 2, Cho Mahou Tairyku Wozz, and Emerald Dragon SFC/SNES translations.
[url=http://www.romhacking.net]ROMhacking.net[/url] - The central hub of the ROM hacking community.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

I just got a question...

I may sound dumb, but...

What's the point of typing out e-mail addresses like this:
crawler at gmail dot com

or crawlerNOSPAM@gmail.com

what's up with that ?
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

adventure_of_link wrote:what's up with that ?
To fool email harvesters that collect email addresses from websites for spammers to use.
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Heh. Nice. Thanks Agozer. :)
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Except said 'harvesters' are getting less stupid by the day. ' at ' and ' dot ' are transformed into '@' and '.', and 'suspicious caps' that belong to a given list of words like 'nofuckingspamdiekthx' are removed.

Seriously. Even I could come up with something to see through these simple tricks... and I'm not good at parsing compared to a certain someone here.
* points at insane coder who developped PSR *

You need more if you don't want to get spammed lately. put the address on several lines, add [remove the stuff in brackets] sections... Encode the string or something.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
blackmyst
Zealot

Post by blackmyst »

Heh, any idea if they can read backwards?
[size=75][b]Procrastination.[/b]
Hard Work Often Pays Off After Time, but Laziness Always Pays Off Now.[/size]
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

That's a pretty good idea... for now. :)
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Neil_

Post by Neil_ »

Dejap isn't dead, it's just sleeping. DQ6 will get done some day.

On the subject of the manual, I do have scans that I made in like 1998 on a cd somewhere as well as text file translations of the text. All that needs to be done is some photoshop work. I did like 9 pages and then lost interest. I'll go and see if I can find the cd for you and post a yousendit link or something later today.
Berserker257

Post by Berserker257 »

Awesome! Thank you, sir.
Cyrus
Trooper

Post by Cyrus »

Neil_ wrote:Dejap isn't dead, it's just sleeping. DQ6 will get done some day.

On the subject of the manual, I do have scans that I made in like 1998 on a cd somewhere as well as text file translations of the text. All that needs to be done is some photoshop work. I did like 9 pages and then lost interest. I'll go and see if I can find the cd for you and post a yousendit link or something later today.
Might I ask who are you that you claim Dejap isn't dead?
(No sarcasm or crap there, it's a serious question.)
Clements
Randomness

Post by Clements »

Neill Corlett
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Clements wrote:Neill Corlett
Which is why I should thank him for the Seiken Densetsu 3 work once more.

So yeah, big thanks.
Louis Cypher
Devil Summoner

Post by Louis Cypher »

Clements wrote:Neill Corlett
Wrong.
That's Neil Mortensen, lead man of Partial Translations. He was a major force behind DQ5, and was (at one point) working on stuff for Genjuu Ryodan and DQ4 PSX.
[url=http://agtp.romhack.net]Aeon Genesis ~ We eat ham and jam and spam-alot[/url]
Clements
Randomness

Post by Clements »

There are too many people called Neil or variaions of the name Neil in the Emulation scene.
SquareHead
Veteran

Post by SquareHead »

grinvader wrote:Except said 'harvesters' are getting less stupid by the day. ' at ' and ' dot ' are transformed into '@' and '.', and 'suspicious caps' that belong to a given list of words like 'nofuckingspamdiekthx' are removed.

Seriously. Even I could come up with something to see through these simple tricks... and I'm not good at parsing compared to a certain someone here.
* points at insane coder who developped PSR *

You need more if you don't want to get spammed lately. put the address on several lines, add [remove the stuff in brackets] sections... Encode the string or something.
I am the king of impracticallity, I have 2 main addresses. 1 I use for public offerings, such as board memberships, registering for services and general nonsense, and my personal non-throwaway email address, that work, family, and friends get, as well as pay my bills with.
Neil_

Post by Neil_ »

Took a little longer than anticipated to actually find the cd.
http://s54.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=20EV ... XIFD5Z6XKM

Text files and scans. Tada.
Berserker257

Post by Berserker257 »

Damn, that's awesome! Very high quality scan. Thanks once again for both the manual, and the excellent DQ5 translation.
kyros the dragonir

Post by kyros the dragonir »

Okay I don't know if this is the proper place to say this but its the first DQ5 thread I seen here so don't get on any soap boxes about it. I downloaded the translated version and I can't get it to work with my SNES emulator where is Snes9XW. Cause everytime I try playing the whole durn thing gives me this error message and closes it out.