Favorite Dejap translation?

Dejap's website appears to be defunct. This forum is now in archive mode.

Moderator: Dejap Staff

Lord Alpha
Lurker

Post by Lord Alpha »

DarkDragoon wrote:
Alvein wrote:
Aerdan wrote:Simple. They'll go with the original script, which doesn't have the 'arche fucks like a tiger' crap.
What does it have?
If I'm not mistaken, it was something to the extent of "hard to quite down", which was still supposed to be alluding to her being wild in bed (Dejap just made this more obvious).

And even then, the official US script will probably change it to something like "parties like an animal" or something that makes less of an allusion to sex.
Or they'll take the whole scene out. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised to see quite a bit of the game's storyline completely changed and parts of it edited out, if they try to mark it as anything les than "T"
It is better to be silent and thought a fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt

I am Zophar, Master of Sh*t!

[url=http://archlyn.bravejournal.com]View my blog[/url]
Aerdan
Winter Knight

Post by Aerdan »

You seem to be under the [very] mistaken impression that DeJap's translation is accurate. It's not.
DarkDragoon
Soul Hacker

Post by DarkDragoon »

You seem to be under the [very] mistaken impression that we give a fuck that it isn't accurate. We're not.

So what if they localized some stuff for it to make sense in English? Get over it.
Toot toot Sonic Warrior, deep in space and time
Toot toot Sonic Warrior, forever in your mind
Nothing can survive the will to stay alive
'cause if you try, you can do anything
Lord Alpha
Lurker

Post by Lord Alpha »

Aerdan wrote:You seem to be under the [very] mistaken impression that DeJap's translation is accurate. It's not.
I do?

There are some things I see that could potentially be removed as a result of game rating:

1) The boat scene

2) The begining when Cless's village gets masacered

3) The scene just after Mint and Cless get to the past when they are about to go bed, and Cless gets all tounge-tied because there's two of them and only one bed. (Regardless of the translation at this point, the sweatdrops that appear over the characters' heads are enough of an implication)

4) The bath scene in Japon. (At the very least this gets edited slightly)

5) The scene where Cless takes the sword out of the dead woman's body (again this probably gets edited)

Maybe they won't remove anything, maybe they'll just edit it all.

The DeJap translation may not be 100%-verbatim accurate, but at least it is meaningful to the English-speaking players of the game. Any sort of official translation will make ToP something like an Anime in Japan being dubbed here for CN.
It is better to be silent and thought a fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt

I am Zophar, Master of Sh*t!

[url=http://archlyn.bravejournal.com]View my blog[/url]
DarkDragoon
Soul Hacker

Post by DarkDragoon »

Nintendo isn't that strict anymore. They're not going to be going overboard on censoring it. At the most, they'd just alter the boat scene and a few other scenes to have less blatantly sexual themes.
Toot toot Sonic Warrior, deep in space and time
Toot toot Sonic Warrior, forever in your mind
Nothing can survive the will to stay alive
'cause if you try, you can do anything
badinsults
"Your thread will be crushed."

Post by badinsults »

If anything, censorship will be completely due to American government regulations.
<pagefault> i'd break up with my wife if she said FF8 was awesome
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

I know I brought this up before, but as long as we got the ESRB, what's wrong with putting a M on it ?
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
badinsults
"Your thread will be crushed."

Post by badinsults »

As is obvious with the GTA case, a rating is meaningless in the eyes of the media and crazy lawyers.
<pagefault> i'd break up with my wife if she said FF8 was awesome
Hyos
Regular

Post by Hyos »

adventure_of_link wrote:I know I brought this up before, but as long as we got the ESRB, what's wrong with putting a M on it ?
Sales. If it is rated M fewer people can buy it. That's why.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Take a look at Riviera.
It's got a frigging load of innuendo (also hidden loli) in it and it got its T rating nevertheless, even with 'Use of Drugs' [wtf ? when do they use drugs ?] and 'Sexual Themes'.

I mean, some of the Cierra route choices are as explicit as it gets... (hell, this 'route' thing reminds me it's even structured like a dating game >.> )
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
galamonth
Rookie

Post by galamonth »

DQ 5

I did like the history line till the very end, couldnt finish ToP maybe thats i will put DQ 5 as my fav.
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

http://media.gameboy.ign.com/media/571/ ... ids_1.html

IGN posted some videos on the final English version of ToP. Check them out to compare.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform