Star Ocean: Strange noises in bg music

Dejap's website appears to be defunct. This forum is now in archive mode.

Moderator: Dejap Staff

Oridan

Star Ocean: Strange noises in bg music

Post by Oridan »

I've noticed that the music cuts off after battles sometimes but my problem is that there is sometimes very irritating noise in the background music. They're usually sharp and distorted.

I've also noticed that they follow the beat of the background music and is consistent (for example the noise appears at a certain measure of the background music)

I'm using zsnes v1.42 and i've tried snes9x which had the same problems
Last edited by Oridan on Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tomato
Hazed

Post by Tomato »

SO does have lots of sound-related bugs, but are you sure you're not just hearing the cicadas in the background?
Truth Unknown
Regular

Post by Truth Unknown »

Star Ocean isn't really a stable game on ZSNES [but has greatly improved in the past year i think], espcially the music (from my experience). Such as a instrument or 3 go haywire or something, and the music sounds REALLY messed up.
Alvein
Rookie

Post by Alvein »

Using save states can often mess with the timing in the music of games played on ZSNES.
Oridan

Post by Oridan »

hmm okay i'll try it again with just natural saves to see if it works
BFeely
Rookie

Post by BFeely »

I tried with the latest WIP, and it still sometimes happens, even when not using save states. Hope SourceForge gets its CVS servers fixed soon, so that this bug can be fixed.
Moonbeam

Post by Moonbeam »

I have completely alike sound/music bug in Star Ocean on ZSNES as you have, Oridan. I'm not testing it with Snes9x though. I'm noticed what the bug is become more frequent as you change the game SPC-sample (enter/exit towns,caves), when music change. It also spread on the battle (SPC-sound change to). After 5-8 battles sound become completely terrible. I'm noticed also what bug decrease if I use internal game save mechanism (3 save slots), but it's not disappear anyway. I use a ZSNES 1.36 (1.42 have alike result), sound card AC97 (motherboard internal).
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

Thread Necrosis System activated...
Yes I know that my grammar sucks!
creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

Neo Kaiser wrote:Thread Necrosis System activated...
It's on-topic though.
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
bsnes launcher with recent files list