DQ VI Thread locked, why?

Dejap's website appears to be defunct. This forum is now in archive mode.

Moderator: Dejap Staff

Maribel

DQ VI Thread locked, why?

Post by Maribel »

I can't reply to this thread, it's locked, but why, it's not a request, it's just a question about the progress?

I'm also VEEEERY interested for an answer to this question, because i don't understand this issue:

Text Translation 40%
Programming 80%
Script Editing 50%
Tile Editing 100%
Menu Layout 50%
Overall 65%

this is what the dejap project page says, but this is not true, i have played the noprgress version and i guess it's at least 90% translated,and the noprgress version exists a long time now, so i'm confused why noone wants to complete the remaining 5 or 10%?
And why only 65%? on the dejap page?

Dragon Quest 6is my No1 RPG, it's a Masterpiece! :)
I have played DQ5 recently, it's also a great RPG, but DQ6 is for me still the RPG King...no, the EMPEROR!! :-)

A DQ 6 "100% FINAL" Translation so excellent like the DQ5 Translation, that's my dream, i would sell my soul to the demon emperor for this. *smile*
Nightcrawler
Romhacking God

Post by Nightcrawler »

NOPRGRESS DOES NOT EQUAL DEJAP!

Obviously the precentages are different. Those percentages were the precentages of the DeJap patch. NOPRGRESS made his own patch!

There has been no news on DQVI this year therefore to public knowledge absolutely nothing has happened since then.

Why doesn't anyone else want to finish? For the same reason YOU don't want to finish it. Here are reasons why:

1.) They don't know how
2.) The people that do are busy with other things.
3. ) The people that do and want to don't have the tools or access to the work already done.

Your topic was locked because asking for release dates or progress reports are not welcome here.

Go look on DeJap's page. That's the latest progress. If you see no update, there is nothing that they want you to know, and no one else knows anything more either.
[url=http://transcorp.romhacking.net]TransCorp[/url] - Home of the Dual Orb 2, Cho Mahou Tairyku Wozz, and Emerald Dragon SFC/SNES translations.
[url=http://www.romhacking.net]ROMhacking.net[/url] - The central hub of the ROM hacking community.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Don't start another thread asking why this one was locked too.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Maribel

Post by Maribel »

Hei this was not my Topic, look at the nickname, i'm not Supernova. :)

You mean the Dejap people are translating text in a game which is in fact translated since years (!) from noprgress???
unbelievable!! :(
Why not work together, why not complete this good patch, i can't understand this... :cry:

As you say correctly, no DQ VI News from Dejap since ages, and probably there will never be a final from dejap because this game is huge and obviously this game isen't very important for Dejap.

...and only because they can't work together, just sad!
Last edited by Maribel on Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LDAWG
Lurker

Post by LDAWG »

Because questions like this are some of the most annoying kinds.
Translations take a very long time, with very little progress are made to them very fast.
Maybe the last 5% or so is too hard to translate, but who cares?
Just feel lucky that it's more than 0% translated.
It'll be done when it's done.

I suggest you learn Japanese.
Then you can play 1,000s of more games, faster then they can be translated!
Maribel

Post by Maribel »

Just answer to this

"You mean the Dejap people are translating text in a game which is in fact translated since years (!) from noprgress???"

If this is true....nuff said.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

LDAWG wrote:I suggest you learn Japanese.
Excellent advice.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Maribel

Post by Maribel »

grinvader wrote:
Excellent advice.
Ah great, a "dejap project board" board, but after questions to a translation project only stupid learn japanese answers....great...

i suggest you close the board, close the dejap page and all learn japanese, ok? :roll:

have a nice day grinvader and LDAWG, members of brainless idiots united.

Btw Special thanks to dejap for wasting much time with crap like bahamut lagoon for example, and let a masterpiece like DQ6 die without a final...
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

Maribel wrote:
grinvader wrote:
Excellent advice.
Ah great, a "dejap project board" board, but after questions to a translation project only stupid learn japanese answers....great...

i suggest you close the board, close the dejap page and all learn japanese, ok? :roll:

have a nice day grinvader and LDAWG, members of brainless idiots united.

Btw Special thanks to dejap for wasting much time with crap like bahamut lagoon for example, and let a masterpiece like DQ6 die without a final...
I'll repeat what I wrote in the other thread: "What you see is what you get." No news is good news, At least it doesn't say it's was cancelled, Rom translators have lives too, god forbid them from living them and not giving you the translations you want.

Oh great! Now you insulted respected board members that were trying to help you! Oh no! You also insulted one of dejap's proyects! Hurry someone must update the DQ6 site with new and fresh information before he/she get even MORE mad!!!!

... This thread should be locked.

:roll:
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Joe Camacho wrote:Oh great! Now you insulted respected board members that were trying to help you! Oh no!
Yeah, I'm really affected by it too.

As Seifer said... ask me how much i care on a scale of 0
皆黙って俺について来い!!

PKFAIRY
Cosmic Chaos

Post by PKFAIRY »

Maribel wrote:Hei this was not my Topic, look at the nickname, i'm not Supernova. :)

You mean the Dejap people are translating text in a game which is in fact translated since years (!) from noprgress???
unbelievable!! :(
Why not work together, why not complete this good patch, i can't understand this... :cry:

As you say correctly, no DQ VI News from Dejap since ages, and probably there will never be a final from dejap because this game is huge and obviously this game isen't very important for Dejap.

...and only because they can't work together, just sad!
who said they cant? There are many joint projects out there, but maybe dejap has their own idea of quality and noprogress has his/hers. What your saying is equivilant to hiring one person to do a job, and then having another person who has no idea what the other person did or what their goals were, finish the job. A very blunt... and something that I mean no disreprect to, to anyone would be you drawing a beautiful landscape and having me finish the scene. I draw stick figures on it. Or like with me, there is an english vesion of sc5p2... I havent even seen it or looked at it though. I am RETRANSLATING as a tribute and to give to the dreamcast community. Look at skyrender as well. Please dont say you are so blind as to not see what we kinds of people are GIVING YOU. We have our own goals and standards, and you want us to change them so you can play a game and suddenly see a jump in context? For shame... please, think about the situation before you escalate it.
*poof*
LDAWG
Lurker

Post by LDAWG »

There are TONS of reasons WHY Translators, Hackers, and Programmers DO NOT collaborate their projects, together as 1 team.

They DON'T CARE about a FINAL, COMPLETE, and PERFECT project, as much as some people do.
They are having their own FUN and learning things on their own.
Just MAKING the project is what they want, and what they like to do.

If getting everything done FAST and PERFECT is what they wanted, then they probably would be collaborating their efforts,
and they would probably be in business together, trying to sell their product, to make money.
badinsults
"Your thread will be crushed."

Post by badinsults »

Ok, when I lock a thread, that means the discussion is over. Case Closed.
<pagefault> i'd break up with my wife if she said FF8 was awesome