Tales of phantasia - Dutch

Dejap's website appears to be defunct. This forum is now in archive mode.

Moderator: Dejap Staff

sessions

Tales of phantasia - Dutch

Post by sessions »

Guys,

Just wondering if and when the link for the dutch translation
of Tales of Phantasia will be placed on the website.

The status is 100% completed, according to : http://www.dejap.com/top.php

So i like to download the patch, but i can't find it.

Please help me out.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Check out http://www.romhacking.net for this purpose.

Note: Dejap is not responsible for the release of any other language translation. Though, you would think they would link to the developers website of that. This translation doesn't appear anywhere though... :?
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
densy
Hazed

Post by densy »

i actually did some translation and bugfixing work on this release, i might be able to find a copy of it on an old pc and make it available
densy
Hazed

Post by densy »

Found it on an old disk. I don't know if this is the very final release but i think it is. You must use snestool to apply the patch on this one. I patched a top rom with snestool, and it seems to work just fine. I don't know if i have the interleaved or non-interleaved rom, you'll just have to try and see if it works. IIRC the dutch patch didn't get separate releases for both the dumps, as was the case with the english release.

http://files.myopera.com/densy/files/top_dutch.ips
badinsults
"Your thread will be crushed."

Post by badinsults »

Ah, memories.

Remember when the Dutch translation thread was up to 30 pages or so?
<pagefault> i'd break up with my wife if she said FF8 was awesome
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

I will sticky this. Hopefully someone uploads the file to romhacking.net. This thread should be unstickied as soon as it gets posted on romhacking.net.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
densy
Hazed

Post by densy »

badinsults wrote:Ah, memories.

Remember when the Dutch translation thread was up to 30 pages or so?
haha yes

there's bits of it to be found on archive.org
densy
Hazed

Post by densy »

I have submitted the patch to romhacking.net, waiting for approval so that its actually available there
badinsults
"Your thread will be crushed."

Post by badinsults »

long ass url

Ah, classic.
<pagefault> i'd break up with my wife if she said FF8 was awesome
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Holy shit. Ye Olde ZSNES Board. brings back memories when I used to lurk like crazy.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
densy
Hazed

Post by densy »

badinsults wrote:long ass url

Ah, classic.
too bad it only has parts

but gold nonetheless
Firon
Trooper

Post by Firon »

Serious dutch hating there.
densy
Hazed

Post by densy »

The patch is on romhacking.net now

http://www.romhacking.net/trans/1070/
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Ok, unsticked now.
ShadowFX
Regular

Post by ShadowFX »

I wonder what I've been thinking back then. I can tell now, however, that I completely feel different about it these days. If there was another Dutch translation being made today, and people are happy with it... it's all fine 8)
[i]"Change is inevitable; progress is optional"[/i]
Aaron
Lurker

Post by Aaron »

I want to learn Dutch now... :O!
Crowmeister

Post by Crowmeister »

Oh my I didn't know anyone played my release ;-)
It's been quite a while since I've been here and to my supprise the first thing I see is people talking about the Dutch translation I did years ago. I must admit one of the reasons I asked DF if I could translate the game into Dutch was so that I could get my hands on the beta version of the English translation :lol: .
But after I got a lot of responses from people who wanted to help I really put my mind to it. Got a really fast translator (Luke) and got a real life friend to help me (Bertulosius).
The translation was made easy because all I had to do was translate all the files DF send me, he even made a nice patch of them and gave them a special font because the Dutch language has some really long words :)

Great to see it's still floating around on the net because I have to admit I lost the patch too and also the source files :(

Well from what I remember the patch is pretty much done although it does have a nasty crash about 60% in the game. If you encounter it load the last save in the English version, play past the crash-point and save again, and play the Dutch version again.

And Densy, who are you again? I can't remember you ;-)
I remember Emu-Lord one of the strongest opponents of the Dutch patch :P
LBW

Post by LBW »

Dear old memories from when the internet was still fun and myself a wanky idiot.
Kajuru
Regular

Off topic

Post by Kajuru »

Off topic: the brazilian portuguese translation had a bug in Daos hp in his first form(final battle). His hp was set toooooo low for some reason, where Chester w/ Berserker Bow can kill him in the first hit before Cless even gets a chance to hit.
crocomire
Hazed

Re: Off topic

Post by crocomire »

Kajuru wrote:Off topic: the brazilian portuguese translation had a bug in Daos hp in his first form(final battle). His hp was set toooooo low for some reason, where Chester w/ Berserker Bow can kill him in the first hit before Cless even gets a chance to hit.
I'm playing the Brazilian translation too... I found one stupid bug in Moria Gallery (Lower Levels): Some of my items turned into chickens... Does some solution exist for that? :roll:
THE LAST METROID IS IN CAPTIVITY.
THE GALAXY IS AT PEACE...
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Re: Off topic

Post by Deathlike2 »

crocomire wrote:
Kajuru wrote:Off topic: the brazilian portuguese translation had a bug in Daos hp in his first form(final battle). His hp was set toooooo low for some reason, where Chester w/ Berserker Bow can kill him in the first hit before Cless even gets a chance to hit.
I'm playing the Brazilian translation too... I found one stupid bug in Moria Gallery (Lower Levels): Some of my items turned into chickens... Does some solution exist for that? :roll:
AFAIK, lower levels in the Moria Gallery tends to do that.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Also caused by having too many different item types.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
crocomire
Hazed

Post by crocomire »

I found a way to prevent that bug: Before going down the Moria Gallery I sold all the items that can be bought in the future, I collected all the items of the gallery and later I bought all items again... It's work for me.
:P
Probably that is a bug of the first version of the translation (70%), in the "final version" (100%), Dhaos have 56000 of HP.

- ToP Dejap Brazilian Portuguese (70%)
- ToP Dejap Brazilian Portuguese (100%)

:wink:
THE LAST METROID IS IN CAPTIVITY.
THE GALAXY IS AT PEACE...