So, after playing ToP for GBA...

Dejap's website appears to be defunct. This forum is now in archive mode.

Moderator: Dejap Staff

MorteTheSkull
Hazed

So, after playing ToP for GBA...

Post by MorteTheSkull »

Dejap's translation is superior. Even if the GBA translation does contain plot references to other games, it just is so POORLY WRITTEN it's unbelievable, whereas Dejap's translation seems like actual dialogue people would have.
So yeah, just thought I would mention that. Also, the voice acting on the GBA is attrocious. I actually prefer the SNES fan dub, at least it doesn't hurt my ears, lol. Plus, it has the opening song.
"Did you see the way that female zombie was looking at me?"
"You're imagining things, Morte."
kieran_
Mugwump

Post by kieran_ »

I haven't played a Dejap game in several years, but I really enjoyed playing them. They did not assume that their audience was 9 year olds.
SquareHead
Veteran

Post by SquareHead »

DeJap's translation is good. But I really didnt mind the GBA one either. IT still made me laugh at various points even though they had to water it down for a younger audience. I also liked the extra content of the GBA version over that of the SFC. I did miss 'The Dream Will Never Die' (or whatever its title was) though. And yes, the voices were awful.
Nanospark
Rookie

Post by Nanospark »

SquareHead wrote:DeJap's translation is good. But I really didnt mind the GBA one either. IT still made me laugh at various points even though they had to water it down for a younger audience. I also liked the extra content of the GBA version over that of the SFC. I did miss 'The Dream Will Never Die' (or whatever its title was) though. And yes, the voices were awful.
Ah, yes...the voices in the GBA version of ToP...I didn't mind Klarth's (or Claus...whichever you prefer) voice or Cless's (Cress) voice either...it was Mint's voice and Arche's voice that kind of annoyed me...
heeroyuibr

Post by heeroyuibr »

This is because the US version cut the original voices and the intro song. The JAP version has the intro song and the original voices from the SNES. (Somebody could make a patch to insert theses original voices and intro song into the US version.)
lockharte
Regular

Post by lockharte »

there's a fan dub for ToP?
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

The PS translation of TOP had not been released because Phantasian Productions alway get short on translators. Xero left......
Yes I know that my grammar sucks!
shinomori_kyo

Post by shinomori_kyo »

Neo Kaiser wrote:The PS translation of TOP had not been released because Phantasian Productions alway get short on translators. Xero left......
It hasn't been released but, they're getting closer to releasing a patch.
They're currently -possibly- not having problems with translators, I think...
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

The SNES version is superior. Even though they redid the balance in the GBA version (and fixed bugs of course), there are simply too many things that ticked me off, that the SNES version did not face.
Me in a different forum wrote:There are many reasons why TOP SNES is just better.

1) Better graphics
2) Better audio track
3) Voices don't suck
4) Music player isn't removed (damn you TOP US GBA version)
5) Saving doesn't have this stupid delay.

Conclusion: TOP SNES > TOP US GBA
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

ToP GBA, J version's music player is crappy, several typos and some track names are swapped (makes you wonder who the fuck coded it).
And honestly, who the fuck would want to listen to it when the other versions are clearly superior in every way.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54