Post editing is not borked anymore

Got a suggestion or complaint? Go ahead and share, but please be nice about it.

Moderator: General Mods

grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post editing is not borked anymore

Post by grinvader »

Thanks to _demo_.
Last edited by grinvader on Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Additional info: deleting posts can still be done, although it also brings up the error.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

THE END IS NEAR!
ZH/Franky

Post by ZH/Franky »

The apocolypse is in sight. For it is then and now that zombies begin to walk, demons ravish the streets... humanity is doomed.

...being serious for a moment: admins, mods, etc: this is a GREAT opportunity to upgrade to phpBB3!
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Just make sure that you don't make any huge mistakes before you click the submit button and everything will be just peachy. :twisted:
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

Franky wrote:The apocolypse is in sight. For it is then and now that zombies begin to walk, demons ravish the streets... humanity is doomed.

...being serious for a moment: admins, mods, etc: this is a GREAT opportunity to upgrade to phpBB3!
Wow, only need _demo_ for that... but if he is here, why bother when he can just fix what is already here?
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
85cocoa
Hazed

Post by 85cocoa »

Just for the record, I tried to edit this post to add "Clarification requested" as the post subject (admittedly a stupid reason for an edit) and got the following error message on at least two of my attempts:
board.zsnes.com wrote:FIXME - will be back to insert a copy of the message in a sec
The edit did not succeed.

Note that my first edit attempt triggered flood control (i.e., the restriction on the minimum amount of time between posts); the other attempts came after that.
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pocky]Pocky[/url] & [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocky]Rocky[/url]? [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pocky_%26_Rocky]Pocky & Rocky[/url]? [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_%28series%29#Animals.2FMobians]Pocky & Rocky[/url]?
85cocoa
Hazed

Post by 85cocoa »

Oops, forgot that I can't edit posts, which is what we're discussing here, so I can't insert the error message in the post above... :roll:

Anyway, a copypaste of the error message is as follows:
board.zsnes.com wrote:General Error

Error in deleting post

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1034 Incorrect key file for table 'phpbb_search_wordmatch'; try to repair it

DELETE FROM phpbb_search_wordmatch WHERE post_id IN (185835)

Line : 419
File : functions_search.php
Also, if it wasn't clear, the words "this post" in the above post are a link to a post I made in the "bsnes v0.039 released" thread.
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pocky]Pocky[/url] & [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocky]Rocky[/url]? [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pocky_%26_Rocky]Pocky & Rocky[/url]? [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_%28series%29#Animals.2FMobians]Pocky & Rocky[/url]?
blargg
Regular

Post by blargg »

When I got that error, I got scared. Database errors are bad, but whenever a computer mentions it's trying to "fix" a problem, it usually FUBARs everything.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

grinvader wrote:Additional info: deleting posts can still be done, although it also brings up the error.
Eh... I thought we can't delete posts anyway (unless you're mod/admin?) :?

That being said, never knew it needed memory to make a database backup.. I thought it just compiled all the tables, data, etc and make it into a downloadable file :?
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

And all that is made with bits taken from thin air. Righto.

"Deleting can be done" doesn't mean everyone and their mother can do it. It means it CAN BE DONE. Period. Don't try to read between the lines when there's only one.

@blargg: note it mentions to the user to try to repair it, not that it's trying to auto-repair itself.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

kode54
Zealot

Re: Post editing is borked

Post by kode54 »

grinvader wrote:The server doesn't have enough free memory to dump a proper backup either.
Dump it without using compression. That way, you won't hit any memory limitation. At least, that's what I always used to do back when I had administrator access.
FitzRoy
Veteran

Post by FitzRoy »

The last time I tried to delete a post, it took the thread with it. And no, I didn't hit the delete thread button.
Rashidi
Trooper

Post by Rashidi »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:THE BOARD RESET IS NEAR!
fixed
AamirM
Regen Developer
Regen Developer

Post by AamirM »

Rashidi
Trooper

Post by Rashidi »

AamirM wrote:Image
lol unix (linux?) epoch
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Rashidi wrote:
AamirM wrote:Image
lol unix (linux?) epoch
That happened when I got rid of a spambot.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

FitzRoy wrote:The last time I tried to delete a post, it took the thread with it. And no, I didn't hit the delete thread button.
Announcement of sorts: if you want something deleted, engage forum moderation mode, enter the correct topic, split the posts to be deleted into a new thread, and delete said thread.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Re: Post editing is borked

Post by grinvader »

kode54 wrote:Who's your daddy now bitch
Thanks. ^^
皆黙って俺について来い!!

creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

Would a board pruning help?
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
bsnes launcher with recent files list
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Or perhaps a cache flush?
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

Fun: You can try feeding REPAIR TABLE commands to the database through the database restore feature, since it just accepts raw SQL dumps. You may want to back it up before attempting repair, though.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

I merely backed it up, I'll let the sql whizzes have fun with that (if they ever get around).
皆黙って俺について来い!!

franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

So, when does Franky get banned? :/
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

So only this _Demo_ have the master password from the whole website? I thought that he leaved Pagefault in charge... BTW I miss Pagefault. Where is him?
Yes I know that my grammar sucks!