What does the board need

Got a suggestion or complaint? Go ahead and share, but please be nice about it.

Moderator: General Mods

Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

Nothing... the board is slow because:
1-Most people grew up and became slaves of the system (employees or college slave students.
2-DeJap died.
3-Something that can't be explained.
Yes I know that my grammar sucks!
densy
Hazed

Re: What does the board need

Post by densy »

pagefault wrote:What would you like to see to make the board more interesting.
Revert back to the wwwboard for great historical justice
http://www.scriptarchive.com/wwwboard.html
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

That certainly would also eliminate the avatar size problem that Demios was just whining about. Or at least enforcing it in the script, perhaps by supporting uploads and eliminating this remote linking business. OH WAIT, then half the regular posters would lose their random avatar scripts.

No, better, uploading multiple avatars, select which appear or are cycled per post! Let's become LiveJournal! Throw in Flash music, and we can be more like MySpace too!
densy
Hazed

Post by densy »

kode54 wrote:That certainly would also eliminate the avatar size problem that Demios was just whining about. Or at least enforcing it in the script, perhaps by supporting uploads and eliminating this remote linking business. OH WAIT, then half the regular posters would lose their random avatar scripts.

No, better, uploading multiple avatars, select which appear or are cycled per post! Let's become LiveJournal! Throw in Flash music, and we can be more like MySpace too!
Are you hinting at adventure_of_link's avatar use here?
Ichinisan
Veteran

Post by Ichinisan »

AoL, Grinvader, Phonymike, and Kode all use rotating avatars.
odditude
Official tech support dood

Post by odditude »

Ichinisan wrote:AoL, Grinvader, Phonymike, and Kode all use rotating avatars.
Nach does, too.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

and so does Kevman and Aerdan
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

so does your mom

hooray livejournal
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

Women and shotguns. This board needs women and shotguns. It also needs to become violent and educative, but mostly violent.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
xamenus
Veteran

Post by xamenus »

A different default board theme (I personally prefer subSilver). The ZSNES.com theme is just ugly, as it uses images from the subSilver theme. Not a good mix. And as others said, an alternative for BBTech that actually makes hyperlinks visible.

More reliable "New Posts" indicators, if that's even possible (The problem is, if there are new posts available when I log out, when I log back in later they will be marked as read. This may be just a limitation of phpBB2, so I don't know if they are any mods that fix this.)

As others said, a mod to help prevent spambots from registering.

An updated homepage. Not strictly board related, but the current homepage doesn't even have links to the documentation, wiki, or BugZilla.
byuu

Post by byuu »

odditude wrote:
Ichinisan wrote:AoL, Grinvader, Phonymike, and Kode all use rotating avatars.
Nach does, too.
Which is why I love adblock so much. The animated GIFs are even more annoying, though. I can't imagine how people can read anything with 8 blinking things all over the page. image.animation_mode = none, ftw.

I guess the next big craze will be who has the best 3MB SWF avatars and signatures.
kevman
Redneck Gamer-Mod

Post by kevman »

Are rotating avatars really annoying?

I never thought anything about them, other than that they might keeping track of people confusing if they don't have a common theme.
SHREIK!!!!!!! DDdddnnnnnnaaaa! GESTAHLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!

Steelers now officially own your ass.
PHoNyMiKe
Retrosexual

Post by PHoNyMiKe »

adventure_of_link wrote:snes: I'm almost certain Nach asked me to lock that one.
nach is just hitler if you translate it a couple times back and forth between english, mexican, and jewish. just because he doesn't think something's possible, he wants the thread locked? he should have just quit responding to him and let someone else jump in. like his brain is so big he can decree what's right and wrong, possible and impossible. there's a potential new dev trying to get in the swing of zsnes things who is now put down and not helping cause nach thinks he's god.
[url=http://www.alexchiu.com/affiliates/clickthru.cgi?id=phonymike]ultimate immortality[/url]
[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/image,zsnes,white,purple.png[/img][/url]
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

xamenus wrote:More reliable "New Posts" indicators, if that's even possible (The problem is, if there are new posts available when I log out, when I log back in later they will be marked as read. This may be just a limitation of phpBB2, so I don't know if they are any mods that fix this.)
a moderator at www.dosgames.com forums said he found a cure for that problem in phpbb2... he's name is The_Sinster_Mastermind.
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

byuu wrote:Which is why I love adblock so much.
;_;
All my avatars are under 2.8kB, and they only rotate if your browser doesn't have a lazy cache check.
Oh well.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Kajuru
Regular

What this boards needs?

Post by Kajuru »

RSS Feeds
Demios
"Flametongue"

Re: What this boards needs?

Post by Demios »

suburbano wrote:RSS Feeds
LOLOLOLOLO
[img]http://demios.whattheboat.com/userbar/random.jpeg[/img]
Kajuru
Regular

Re: What this boards needs?

Post by Kajuru »

Demios wrote:
suburbano wrote:RSS Feeds
LOLOLOLOLO
What's so funny about it? Sometimes we can't spend a lot of time looking for topics(to avoid similar topics?) when there's a bug in a WIP, or some other random problem. Many boards got RSS, so why not?
Demios
"Flametongue"

Post by Demios »

That's a negative on that buddy. That is just handsdown palin dumb. These forums do not move fast enough to require that shit.
[img]http://demios.whattheboat.com/userbar/random.jpeg[/img]
kieran_
Mugwump

Post by kieran_ »

HERZOG wrote:tits.

I wouldn't mind a free for all forum, but the boat serves that purpose.
Kajuru
Regular

Post by Kajuru »

Demios wrote:That's a negative on that buddy. That is just handsdown palin dumb. These forums do not move fast enough to require that shit.
Buddy, calm down...:wink: It's just a suggestion. If the users and admins don't find it of any use, then just don't implement it. I check this board for quite a while now, and using zsnes since 0.6**(683? I can't remember from the top of my head) I believe, and thought that was missing.

You seem to be taking that as an insult, for no reason. I don't like avatars and bloated sigs, yet I'm not calling them stupid. :oops:
survient

Post by survient »

New thread specifically for the linux zsnes, for troubleshooting and general discussion, rooted in the forum index....
creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

That would be a 'subforum'.
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
bsnes launcher with recent files list