View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:23 am



Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Important Super Metroid Question! PLEASE READ! 
Author Message
Buzzkill Gil

Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:14 pm
Posts: 4246
Reply with quote
Post Important Super Metroid Question! PLEASE READ!
So... when Ridley abducts the baby metroid and blows up Ceres Station in the intro stage...
Is Ceres Station named such because it's NEAR Ceres, or because it's built out of/around Ceres?


This is important.

_________________
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
Quote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.


KHDownloads


Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:29 am
Profile
Regular
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:46 am
Posts: 280
Location: Tromaville
Reply with quote
Post Re: Important Super Metroid Question! PLEASE READ!
Gil_Hamilton wrote:
So... when Ridley abducts the baby metroid and blows up Ceres Station in the intro stage...
Is Ceres Station named such because it's NEAR Ceres, or because it's built out of/around Ceres?


This is important.

Neither. It's a space station that's named Ceres. It was designed by someone named Dr. Ceres and obviously he named it after himself. Because that's what scientists do.


Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:33 pm
Profile
Buzzkill Gil

Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:14 pm
Posts: 4246
Reply with quote
Post Re: Important Super Metroid Question! PLEASE READ!
Gonzo wrote:
Gil_Hamilton wrote:
So... when Ridley abducts the baby metroid and blows up Ceres Station in the intro stage...
Is Ceres Station named such because it's NEAR Ceres, or because it's built out of/around Ceres?


This is important.

Neither. It's a space station that's named Ceres. It was designed by someone named Dr. Ceres and obviously he named it after himself. Because that's what scientists do.

That's kinda dickish of him for an asteroid belt facility.

Dr. Richard Ceres, station designer it is then.

_________________
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
Quote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.


KHDownloads


Thu May 01, 2014 3:10 am
Profile
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:15 pm
Posts: 5615
Location: PAL50, dood !
Reply with quote
Post Re: Important Super Metroid Question! PLEASE READ!
Gil_Hamilton wrote:
This is important.

Hmm... I'd like to inquire as to why it is so.

I assume it would be because of the seemingly instantaneous trip from Ceres to wherever in sweet pogostick hell the Zebesian solar system is ?

Also,
People with enough time on their hands wrote:
Ceres is a dwarf planet in the same solar system as Earth. The tiny planet is located in the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter. In Super Metroid, we see the Ceres Space Colony surrounded by asteroids, suggesting that it too is located in or near an asteroid belt, or an asteroid field. This would suggest that the colony is in fact situated in our solar system. The only contradicting evidence for this placement is the nebula we see in the background as Samus is leaving the station. Nebulae this large can not be seen with the naked eye from our solar system.

P.S.: planetoid, fuckers ("dwarf planet" sounds like shit)

_________________
皆黙って俺について来い!!
Code:
<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)

Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54


Thu May 01, 2014 7:47 pm
Profile
Buzzkill Gil

Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:14 pm
Posts: 4246
Reply with quote
Post Re: Important Super Metroid Question! PLEASE READ!
grinvader wrote:
Gil_Hamilton wrote:
This is important.

Hmm... I'd like to inquire as to why it is so.

I assume it would be because of the seemingly instantaneous trip from Ceres to wherever in sweet pogostick hell the Zebesian solar system is ?

Actually, travel time is ambiguous. Though I don't dispute the possibility of Samus' ship being able to open a wormhole for near-instantaneous travel. That's probably why it always flys into the screen.

But it's important because I wanted to know.


Quote:
Also,
People with enough time on their hands wrote:
Ceres is a dwarf planet in the same solar system as Earth. The tiny planet is located in the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter. In Super Metroid, we see the Ceres Space Colony surrounded by asteroids, suggesting that it too is located in or near an asteroid belt, or an asteroid field. This would suggest that the colony is in fact situated in our solar system. The only contradicting evidence for this placement is the nebula we see in the background as Samus is leaving the station. Nebulae this large can not be seen with the naked eye from our solar system.

P.S.: planetoid, fuckers ("dwarf planet" sounds like shit)

You could just call it an asteroid.

I would bet money it's called Ceres station because of the asteroid. It's exact relation to the asteroid is, however, unknown.

But it's also possible that it was just built by Dr. Richard Ceres to confuse the issue.

_________________
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
Quote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.


KHDownloads


Fri May 02, 2014 9:41 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software.