View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Kirby's Dreamland 3, Help? 

Post Kirby's Dreamland 3, Help?
Hi!~ As you can tell... I'm new to the forum, but not new to ZSNES.

I've had the emulator for a very long time now, and this is the first time I've had problems. My version of Kirby's Dreamland 3 seems to have some bugs or whatever those are called.

1) Whenever I try to jump up or down onto platforms, the characters lag. (I don't know how to explain this) But it looks like the characters phase above or under a platform when I jump. Even when I don't want to. This bug becomes a pain in that level where you have to go all the way down, following the waddle-dees on wild boars...

2)I played KD3 before, and I remember that water was transparent! Now it isn't, and underwater levels are absolutely impossible! D': Please help...

3)This isn't related to the tech or anything... It's got to do with the gameplay itself. In the last level of Grassland World, in the trees, I don't know what to do... I've collected all the color blocks, but since I can't see behind the trees and everything, I can't find the exit...

Thanks in advance for whoever gives an answer!~ ^.^

Sun May 10, 2015 6:48 am
"Your thread will be crushed."

Post Re: Kirby's Dreamland 3, Help?
I imagine these problems are related to incomplete SA-1 emulation. Unfortunately, the only way to deal with this problem is either to wait for Zsnes 2.0, or use a more accurate emulator (like Higan).

Sun May 10, 2015 11:01 am
Profile WWW

badinsults wrote:
I imagine these problems are related to incomplete SA-1 emulation. Unfortunately, the only way to deal with this problem is either to wait for Zsnes 2.0, or use a more accurate emulator (like Higan).

I see... Would using an older version of zsnes help?.. O.O

Mon May 11, 2015 2:32 pm
Buzzkill Gil

Knx15a wrote:
badinsults wrote:

I see... Would using an older version of zsnes help?.. O.O

SA-1 has always been borked and kinda half-working. While you may avoid some glitches this way, you'll just as likely stumble on new ones.

DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.

KHDownloads

Mon May 11, 2015 2:50 pm

Gil_Hamilton wrote:
SA-1 has always been borked and kinda half-working. While you may avoid some glitches this way, you'll just as likely stumble on new ones.

Thanks for the advice. I'll just try it and see if it works a bit better. It's just so long as I can play KD3 properly like before... >.< Oh, and I didn't even know there was going to be another version of zsnes...

Mon May 11, 2015 4:22 pm
Buzzkill Gil

Knx15a wrote:
Gil_Hamilton wrote:

Thanks for the advice. I'll just try it and see if it works a bit better. It's just so long as I can play KD3 properly like before... >.< Oh, and I didn't even know there was going to be another version of zsnes...

badinsults wrote:

Why are you so dead-set on doing this in ZSNES?

DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.

KHDownloads

Mon May 11, 2015 5:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]