Anyone playin ME2?

Feel free to discuss anything gaming related.

Moderator: General Mods

ReRuss
Trooper

Anyone playin ME2?

Post by ReRuss »

Suprised noone's mention anything about it, Mass Effect 2 incase ME2 was a bit vague

I've got 18 hour of soldier class in it with every peice of DLC they can offer with the game, pre-order gear, collectors edition gear, and dragon age gear... not to mention free DLC with the cerberus cards included with the game
[img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/ReRuss/UBAR.gif[/img]
360 and PS3 - ReRuss
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

sadly, i'm going to have to wait a bit. money and all. also, banned box, and i'd rather have the full experience.
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

I'd rather wait until I've actually played the original.
Hyos
Regular

Post by Hyos »

I played about two hours of ME2 and I love it. However, I have now stopped playing to finish the last 5% or so of ME1 (been playing this the last few weeks), when I'm done (hopefully today or tomorrow) I can import my save into ME2 and enjoy it even more :-)
Louis Cypher
Devil Summoner

Post by Louis Cypher »

I beat it last night, about 12 hours ago. I'm of mixed opinion.

Scanning for minerals is even more painfully annoying than it used to be, made infinitely worse by the fact that you now NEED that shit if you ever want to upgrade your weapons or the Normandy.

The plot was great... when it happened, which wasn't very often. Most of your time is spent doing what would be considered side quests in any other game - recruiting characters and solving their problems for them. Of a 35 hour game, maybe six of those hours are spent in actual plot missions. Further, no matter how I look at it, Mass Effect 3 is going to make ME2 almost completely disposable. You accomplish very little of actual consequence in ME2 other than eliminating the Current Threat, despite the "suicide mission" finale at the end of the game.

The structure has changed as well, and not necessarily for the better. Combat is restricted entirely to segregated "mission" segments, which is weird. Whereas the first game had a perfectly fluid world, in ME2 there's a gigantic gulf between the "rpg" segments and the "action" segments. You can't return to past mission areas, either. The whole setup feels very gamey and artificial.

The gameplay is fun, though. You can now shortcut three of Shepard's powers and one for each ally, which is really useful. The HUD isn't exactly self-explanatory about what indicator means what though, and it took me a good while to learn which indicator shows shields-down and which shows power recharge. And the finale was *tense.*
[url=http://agtp.romhack.net]Aeon Genesis ~ We eat ham and jam and spam-alot[/url]
ReRuss
Trooper

Post by ReRuss »

mineral scanning is a pain... I was hoping the upgrade would make it easier, but I already had a fast way figured out so it was kinda meh

I never found a decent way to make good money either... kinda sucks considering some upgrades require moneyz

ME2 couldn't be too epic which I expected, but better than I would have thought... Learning about the collector's and all that was kinda nice I guess

ME3 better be definitive and properly ended... None of this KOTOR business or side-questing game crap
360 and PS3 - ReRuss
Hyos
Regular

Post by Hyos »

I finished ME1 (yes i know, years late) and imported my save. Starting playthrough one, now.
darkbenny
Box Car Superhero

Post by darkbenny »

kode54 wrote:I'd rather wait until I've actually played the original.
bringing Zsnes back
Hyos
Regular

Post by Hyos »

To not spoil too much for people only lurking, I aquired four additional characters for my team, and did one of the missions given by a team member, also some side quests. Difficulty level for missions seems good so far. What is a bit said (but similar to ME1), consequences of dialog choices are very predictable.
ReRuss
Trooper

Post by ReRuss »

Loyalty missions are sorta needed in the game, in the end mainly

Also, save often... mainly before the end-game stuff
360 and PS3 - ReRuss
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

Has any of you seen the TV EBGames exclusive pre-order advertisements? Character models look worse then most n64 FPS games.
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
ReRuss
Trooper

Post by ReRuss »

It's probably the fact that terminus armor is quite blocky compared to every other armor in the game... and that 360 graphics can only go so far... PS3 coulda made the game look better on console turf IMO

For a mid-trilogy filler, it's not bad, but not exactly epic
360 and PS3 - ReRuss
Hyos
Regular

Post by Hyos »

franpa wrote:Has any of you seen the TV EBGames exclusive pre-order advertisements? Character models look worse then most n64 FPS games.
Playing on PC in 1920x1280, with AA on = no regrets about not owning an XBOX. Plus what ReRuss said.
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

ReRuss wrote:and that 360 graphics can only go so far... PS3 coulda made the game look better on console turf IMO
Not really. The CELL can't perform miracles, after all. The GPU in the PS3 is weaker, and the CELL only makes up for it so much.
ReRuss
Trooper

Post by ReRuss »

I.S.T. wrote:
ReRuss wrote:and that 360 graphics can only go so far... PS3 coulda made the game look better on console turf IMO
Not really. The CELL can't perform miracles, after all. The GPU in the PS3 is weaker, and the CELL only makes up for it so much.
Looking at an early PS3 game like MGS4, then looking at ME2 on 360, kinda makes me wonder... Let alone comparing it to Killzone 2
360 and PS3 - ReRuss
Hyos
Regular

Post by Hyos »

Finished my first run. Replaying on Insanity, way harder, makes you think for the first time. Looking forward to the harder encounters, should be intense.