Dissidia FF, PSP 3000 series, Home button screen appearing..

Feel free to discuss anything gaming related.

Moderator: General Mods

adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Dissidia FF, PSP 3000 series, Home button screen appearing..

Post by adventure_of_link »

..(ya know that screen that says "do you want to exit the game y/n" or smth), and you..

with that being said, I got the PSP 3001 Piano black edition and a copy of Dissidia Final Fantasy. Every time I battle for awhile, the home menu comes up, even if I don't press the button. It'll even do it on its own, without me touching any buttons (like during the cutscenes for example). It played just fine the first night I had it, and then suddenly out of nowhere this happens. :?

The weird thing is, it doesn't pop up the home menu screen when in my web browser, or other UMD-based PSP games.

So what could be the problem here? note that the home button is not stuck down, my control stick does work, I didn't drop it, etc etc etc. Oh yeah, if it matters I'm running PSP firmware 6.20 right now.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Re: Dissidia FF, PSP 3000 series, Home button screen appeari

UPDATE: Tried updating the firmware to 6.35 and it still does this... any advice here? I hate to have to use my non-existant* Sony warranty on it :?

*: meaning that like GM, Hyundai, and Kia, they like to be hard-heads about the warranty, not honor it, headache after headache, etc etc etc. See this is why Nintendo rocks :\
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Figures there was some drunk coding in either the PSP 300x series or within square games... thanks Kode. Guess the "square rape" decided to move from the SNES scene to the PSP scene eh? :( :?

in any case I wonder who let Zachary Boyett into the Square R&D room that day...
NSRT here.
SquareHead
Veteran

Post by SquareHead »

I had this trouble myself, but when I had it, it was due to my home bar going bad. (It was giving me shit with all of my games) First it was all of that, then add in the other buttons failing incrementally. I ended up e-baying for a new home bar strip and installing it myself.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

SquareHead wrote:I had this trouble myself, but when I had it, it was due to my home bar going bad. (It was giving me shit with all of my games) First it was all of that, then add in the other buttons failing incrementally. I ended up e-baying for a new home bar strip and installing it myself.
ouch buddy, ouch.. :( what PSP series do you have btw?

that being said, unfortunately the tips in the thread Kode ended up not doing much better for me, but with the assistance of kode I've traced this to a bug on Square-Enix's behalf. What's weird is that sometimes when the home screen comes up, the disk will rapidly spin as if I've opened the UMD drive... :?
NSRT here.
SquareHead
Veteran

Post by SquareHead »

adventure_of_link wrote:
SquareHead wrote:I had this trouble myself, but when I had it, it was due to my home bar going bad. (It was giving me shit with all of my games) First it was all of that, then add in the other buttons failing incrementally. I ended up e-baying for a new home bar strip and installing it myself.
ouch buddy, ouch.. :( what PSP series do you have btw?

that being said, unfortunately the tips in the thread Kode ended up not doing much better for me, but with the assistance of kode I've traced this to a bug on Square-Enix's behalf. What's weird is that sometimes when the home screen comes up, the disk will rapidly spin as if I've opened the UMD drive... :?
I sold it not too long ago, it was a Star wars edition 2000 series.