Is Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean worthy?

Feel free to discuss anything gaming related.

Moderator: General Mods

franpa
Gecko snack

Is Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean worthy?

Post by franpa »

Hi I was wondering if Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean is worth a $50 AUD purchase or not, I recall hearing at least one of the games in the series being highly praised but I forget which one D:
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Re: Is Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean worthy

Post by grinvader »

Great story, the battle system may get you all iffy in your panties due to large part of random in it.

Which isn't a problem for real men.

... the great mizuti be invincible.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Nightcrawler
Romhacking God

Post by Nightcrawler »

The Baten Kaitos games are amongst the best RPGs for Gamecube. I think they are worth a play-through. The card battle system takes some getting used to. Some people might not like it. I found the Baten Kaitos: Origins to have the more agreeable battle system of the two for me. As grin mentioned, there is always an element of randomness thrown in. In fact, there were times I could of sworn the computer was purposely sabotaging me and it was not random at all!
[url=http://transcorp.romhacking.net]TransCorp[/url] - Home of the Dual Orb 2, Cho Mahou Tairyku Wozz, and Emerald Dragon SFC/SNES translations.
[url=http://www.romhacking.net]ROMhacking.net[/url] - The central hub of the ROM hacking community.
Themaister
Rookie

Post by Themaister »

Decent game, if you can stand the extremely horrible voice acting. Even the sound quality is horrible. But oh well, luckily you can turn that off :D The music is awesome though.
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

Themaister wrote:Decent game, if you can stand the extremely horrible voice acting. Even the sound quality is horrible. But oh well, luckily you can turn that off :D The music is awesome though.
From videos of the game it looks to have okay voice acting, it's just the audio filter they apply over it to make it sound like it's recorded in a garage that is terrible.
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64