seiken densetsu 3 char switching problem

Feel free to discuss anything gaming related.

Moderator: General Mods

Debba

seiken densetsu 3 char switching problem

Post by Debba »

i dont why or how but every time i want to switch chars in the game it switches the char but goes back once i release the L or R buttons :cry:
if any one knows a solution or has an idea pls tell me its my favourite game and im giong nuts cuase i cant play it properly
odditude
Official tech support dood

Re: seiken densetsu 3 char switching problem

Post by odditude »

what OS and what controller?

it sounds like the driver is sending a button press event on both button down and button up.
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

It's actually exactly what's supposed to happen.

Hold L or R to temporarily control the character that has that button linked to (displayed onscreen).
To switch main characters, press Select instead.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Debba

Post by Debba »

grinvader wrote:It's actually exactly what's supposed to happen.

Hold L or R to temporarily control the character that has that button linked to (displayed onscreen).
rly? dindt do that in the past lol anyway il start a new game and chek it out would be handy if it works
Debba

Post by Debba »

Debba wrote:

rly? dindt do that in the past lol anyway il start a new game and chek it out would be handy if it works

Well all be damned it works thanks for it still dont get it how i used to use t R&L button then maby my old rom was modefided by the translator(i recently needed to re-downloud al my emulator stuff had a smal crash)
any way i do miss my old set up was easy just needed to push the back to switch char lets hope this doesnt cost me to much time with boss fights
odditude

Post by odditude »

heh, whoops. aaaand i just realized that i never did quite get around to playing through SD3. how long ago did that patch come out..?
Debba

Post by Debba »

odditude wrote:

heh, whoops. aaaand i just realized that i never did quite get around to playing through SD3. how long ago did that patch come out..?
mhh good qeustion i remeberd playing sd3 on vista so a few years
there was a team who translated pretty much the entire squaresoft serie of snes so the hardcore fans could play the hard versions of the games
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Debba wrote:there was a team who translated pretty much the entire squaresoft serie of snes so the hardcore fans could play the hard versions of the games
Actually, -almost- every game was tackled by a different team. For the english translation, at least.
Alcahest: FH
Bahamut Lagoon: DeJap, Corlett & Tomato
FF4: J2e
FF5: RPGe
FF6: RPGone
Front Mission: FMTP
Gun Hazard: AGTP
Live a Live: AGTP
SD3: LNF, Corlett & SoM2Freak
Treasure Hunter G: Metalhawk & Obsolete
Treasure of the Rudras: AGTP
odditude wrote:heh, whoops. aaaand i just realized that i never did quite get around to playing through SD3. how long ago did that patch come out..?
12.5 years. A bit late to the party, eh ?
皆黙って俺について来い!!

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
odditude

Post by odditude »

grinvader wrote:
odditude wrote:heh, whoops. aaaand i just realized that i never did quite get around to playing through SD3. how long ago did that patch come out..?
now that makes *me* feel old.
darkbenny
Box Car Superhero

Post by darkbenny »

odditude wrote:
grinvader wrote:
now that makes *me* feel old.
You and me both. I cant believe Ive been here that long.
bringing Zsnes back
Yuber
Trooper

Post by Yuber »

Makes me feel pretty old too. FF5 and SD3 fan translations were 2 big reasons I got into emulation. I really don't get why SE won't remake & translate SD3. They could release it on the 3DS or something, but of course I'd love an HD remake with the same gameplay & bug fixes. HD sprites or cell-shaded would be awesome, and it wouldn't need to be a big budget remake. It's a great game and it's a shame there was never an official release outside of Japan.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

They never remade SD2 either. Maybe there's some copyright holder throwing a wrench somewhere.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Yuber
Trooper

Post by Yuber »

I have no idea, but that's the only reason that makes any sense. SD2-3 are fun, fantastic games that need a modern facelift and it just baffles me that SD3 hasn't been translated and released worldwide. If both were remade(SD2 needs to be re-translated) I think they'd sell really well since they're ridiculously fun multiplayer games & they just have a certain charm to them. SE could even add basic online modes that would allow you to load a save file with all your gear and fight others' parties. Super bosses with online co-op would be ridiculously fun too.

SE isn't doing jack shit with the Chrono series either, and seeing Chrono Resurrection get shut down really pissed me off. I wish the CR team would've waited until their remake was finished before releasing any info. CT would look stunningly beautiful in HD with cell-shaded graphics; the DS port had a better translation but it was still just a port for the most part. Both the SD and Chrono series deserve more love and respect than SE is giving them. They've wasted WAY too much time and money on shitty FF13 sequels.

Nomura hinting that FFXV will be episodic killed any hype I had for it, but we'll see. I know I'm off topic but SE has been pissing me the fuck off since FFX. Direct sequels to FF games infuriates me. FF4 did NOT need a fucking sequel; the original ended flawlessly. They blatantly rehashed FF4's events & turned Kain into a total fruitcake. Kain's conflicted nature was what made me love his character in FF4 so much. Same goes for FFX; the ending made me very happy for obvious reasons.

EDITS: corrected/added some stuff
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

Chrono Trigger Resurrection would've been shut down, finished or not. The group infringed on SE's copyright, so it was pretty much dead from the beginning.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
Yuber
Trooper

Post by Yuber »

If they had finished it and uploaded it somewhere(of course it's illegal), at least we'd be playing it now since it would be on the internet somewhere. Other than the obvious legal issues, the main mistake the CR team made was releasing info before the project was finished and uploaded. It's not like SE plans to do something that awesome with CT anytime soon if ever, and the early screens and video of CR looked spectacular.