FF3 new news

Feel free to discuss anything gaming related.

Moderator: General Mods

casualsax3
Veteran

Post by casualsax3 »

Is this the last numbered FF game that didn't make it stateside?
ThunderClaw
I know where you live.

Post by ThunderClaw »

casualsax3 wrote:Is this the last numbered FF game that didn't make it stateside?
Yes, that's right.
FireKnight:I'm pretty sure a 1KG 24k gold brick costs less than that.

phonymike: well the same amount of raw metals used in a car costs a fraction of the price of a new car idiot. I'm gonna take away your posting privileges and replace them with my balls on your chin.

I smell spray paint.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Bow down before the awesome job system.

FF3 > FF6
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
SquareHead
Veteran

Post by SquareHead »

grinvader wrote:Bow down before the awesome job system.

FF3 > FF6
Has to agree.
kieran_
Mugwump

Post by kieran_ »

Nightcrawler wrote:I wish they'd make the FF3 remake for a console.. I'm not going to buy a portable system with screens and buttons that are too small for me.
It will be emulated at some stage, most probably. That "iDeaS" emulator seems to be making nice progress.I'll probably just import it when it gets a US release.
Nightcrawler
Romhacking God

Post by Nightcrawler »

Kieran wrote:
Nightcrawler wrote:I wish they'd make the FF3 remake for a console.. I'm not going to buy a portable system with screens and buttons that are too small for me.
It will be emulated at some stage, most probably. That "iDeaS" emulator seems to be making nice progress.I'll probably just import it when it gets a US release.
Ya know.. the perfect solution to shut people like me up would be a GBplayer type thing that was STANDALONE and didn't require having a Gamecube. I despise Nintendo for trying to force buying a Gamecube to play GBA games on your TV. That is extortion to me.

Some of these portable games are great, but I have unsatisfactory legal means to play them. Maybe Revolution will be the answer.. who knows.

Yes.. I'm sure eventually emulators will be good enough to play these DS games. That's one option.
[url=http://transcorp.romhacking.net]TransCorp[/url] - Home of the Dual Orb 2, Cho Mahou Tairyku Wozz, and Emerald Dragon SFC/SNES translations.
[url=http://www.romhacking.net]ROMhacking.net[/url] - The central hub of the ROM hacking community.
Spoony
Hazed

Post by Spoony »

It's not like that's new though, they did the same thing with the Super Gameboy. I don't think too many people would buy a standalone, at home version of a handheld console.
[url=http://www.alexchiu.com/affiliates/clickthru.cgi?id=spoony]Immortality[/url]
cas
"better than sex"

Post by cas »

supergameboy fried my Super Metroid battery.

The job system in FF3 was better than the everybody can do anything system in FF6, but there are at least a handful of jobs that were totally useless when you got them because you had no equipment for them, or outclassed with better jobs when you do get the equipment for them. Yes, I'm talking about you Viking.

Still gonna get it though.
If you can read this then the boat must have sunk.
The Sage Of Time
Hazed

Post by The Sage Of Time »

Spoony wrote:It's not like that's new though, they did the same thing with the Super Gameboy. I don't think too many people would buy a standalone, at home version of a handheld console.
I dunno.. If someone is willing to buy the add-on device to begin with, they'd probably be willing to buy it if it was it's own stand-alone thing. Might actually sell better, because some people (like Nightcrawler) don't own the required console for the add-on to work.

Personally, I really hate handhelds. I mean, there are a lot of gems in there game-wise, but the screens are so damn small, usually poorly lighted, and the controls are so tiny.. And battery life sucks, I hate batteries with a burning passion. I simply don't "play on the go" enough to merit the use of a handheld either, so a stand-alone "player" device like this would actually get my money in a heartbeat.
SquareHead
Veteran

Post by SquareHead »

Nightcrawler wrote:Ya know.. the perfect solution to shut people like me up would be a GBplayer type thing that was STANDALONE and didn't require having a Gamecube. I despise Nintendo for trying to force buying a Gamecube to play GBA games on your TV. That is extortion to me.

Some of these portable games are great, but I have unsatisfactory legal means to play them. Maybe Revolution will be the answer.. who knows.

Yes.. I'm sure eventually emulators will be good enough to play these DS games. That's one option.
I am probably being naive, but it don't seem like that was their plan with either the SGB or the GBA player. They seem like there were accessories to me. The fact that their use depends on existing hardware makes them cheaper to produce.
Spoony wrote:It's not like that's new though, they did the same thing with the Super Gameboy. I don't think too many people would buy a standalone, at home version of a handheld console.
I'd have to agree with this. Ultimately this would cost more then the portable system that the games were designed for. That and most of these games were not designed with a TV in mind.
Carnivol
Rookie

Post by Carnivol »

GC + GBplayer pretty much costs the same as a GBA SP.

Now... what I'm kinda missing are the 'exclusive' features like the SGB 'compatible' games had
(and also the added stuff in some of the GBC games, when playing on a GBC instead of GB)

Some SGB compatible games enabled multiplayer on one system and had other small 'improvements'.

Stuff like evt. bigger display area on-screen could be added to both GBPlayer and DS.
~empty zig space for rent~
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Eh ?

GC here alone, JUST FOR THE DAMN CONSOLE = $99.xx USD, WAY more than the SP.

You lose.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Jipcy
Veteran

Post by Jipcy »

Gamecube - $100
Gameboy Player - $50

GBA SP - $80
[url=http://zsnes-docs.sf.net]Official ZSNES Docs[/url] | [url=http://zsnes-docs.sf.net/nsrt]NSRT Guide[/url] | [url=http://endoftransmission.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=394]Using a Wiimote w/ emulators[/url]
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Jipcy pretty much expanded on the point earlier.

To Carnivol:

<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
beverage
Rookie

Post by beverage »

sweet make my DS worthwile!
hiya
Carnivol
Rookie

Post by Carnivol »

the GC is like 699,- where I live now, the same price as a brand new game. The SP is still from 899,- -> 1200,- (suppose it might drop right before christmas 'cause of GBmicro)

The GBplayer you get tossed after you for free if you ask while buying the GC (and if not, you can often get some weirdo combo deal) + you often get some game bundled (Mmm... Pokemon, Mario Kart, Resident Evil, Metroid Prime 2 or something else)
~empty zig space for rent~
SquareHead
Veteran

Post by SquareHead »

Any new news on FF3 DS? The last thing I have seen is an ad scan over at RPGamer. This game is looking damn good. On a semi related note, has anyone heard/seen/read anything about the FF5, and FF6 GBA ports?
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

6 came out in like november or december already.

e3 is only a few weeks away. maybe they'll hype them up then.
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
Jyunichi

Post by Jyunichi »

sweener2001 wrote:6 came out in like november or december already.
That was 4.
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

indeed it was. my memory isn't what it used to be.
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
SquareHead
Veteran

Post by SquareHead »

**BUMP** RPGamer, has what appear to be scans from a jap magazine with new screensots. Damn I want this game.
DarkDragoon
Soul Hacker

Post by DarkDragoon »

The new info from those scans also include:
-Top screen is a map when in fields and towns.
-No map in dungeons.
-Bottom screen is the gameplay screen because there will be touch screen gameplay elements.
-Battle commands, navigating menus, etc. will use the touch screen.
-Event scenes will have dramatic moving camera angles because the game is fully 3D.
-The main party contains three guys and a girl.
-They have names and characteristics, but this will not change the overall story of FF3 at all.
-New events and episodes are added to develop the characters.
-Changing jobs require Capacity Points and enemies give Gil, Exp, and CP. This is to balance the job system.
-Twenty-three different jobs available.
-Foundation of the job system isn't changed.
-There will be a save anywhere feature, useful for an rpg on a portable system.

The job system looks to have been given one new class, as it used to be 23, however it seems as if the extra "class" is the new "Bare" class that's been put in place of Onion Kid/Knight (which is being made into a proper class).
Toot toot Sonic Warrior, deep in space and time
Toot toot Sonic Warrior, forever in your mind
Nothing can survive the will to stay alive
'cause if you try, you can do anything
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

Also they SE made an official site abouth it in HERE.
Yes I know that my grammar sucks!
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

Neo Kaiser wrote:Also they SE made an official site abouth it in HERE.
That is some crispy, clear music.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
LobStar
Lurker

Post by LobStar »

Well the game will be entirely playable with the stylus so you dont need to use the buttons ^^;.
... Ever take a look at the Earthbound ROM? I SWEAR THE PROGRAMMERS WERE ON CRACK WHEN THEY DID IT! JUST LOOK AT IT!