WHAT GAMES ARE YOU PLAYING THESE DAYS

Feel free to discuss anything gaming related.

Moderator: General Mods

Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

grinvader wrote:
Agozer wrote:Slowly inching my way towards 100% completion in Final Fantasy X-2.
Keep it up

and you might want to keep a lady luck handy to keep the pace at awesome. Cheap as hell, but who gives a shit, it's selphie all over again !!
Oh damn, can't wait.

P.S. I suck at Sphere Break. Against that Al Bhed kid anyway. And I missed the Dark Knight dresssphere on my first playthrough - and with those two failures weighing in, I started from scratch.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

You are aware of that game having NG+ right ?
Just checking.

You shouldn't have done that, anyway. Those two belong with the few things that you can grab later.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Yes, I am very well aware of the existence of NG+.
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
SquareHead
Veteran

Post by SquareHead »

BioShock, Far Cry, Doom 3.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

turning my fishing pole(s) into something close to a fish-adhesive extensible pool cue of doom

dark cloud 2 for those who didn't get it
皆黙って俺について来い!!

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Just finished Date's disc in Devil May Cry 2. What an underwhelming experience on so many levels, although on occasion the gameplay was fun although gimped in more ways than one.

Now the damn thing expects me to play the Lucia disc through just to supposedly let me see the true ending and credits.

SHITFUCK
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

I finished GUN, I'm at mission 30 I think in SUPER ROBOT WARS ALPHA GAIDEN and started playing Chibi-Robo, which is a pretty weird game.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Joe Camacho wrote:I finished GUN, I'm at mission 30 I think in SUPER ROBOT WARS ALPHA GAIDEN and started playing Chibi-Robo, which is a pretty weird game.
I'm at 20 in SRWAG, and trying not to dump entire nights into it for a little while.
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

last remnant gave itself a hiatus after losing an hour of leveling.

jrpg's wouldn't suffer from some sort of auto-save feature
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:
Joe Camacho wrote:I finished GUN, I'm at mission 30 I think in SUPER ROBOT WARS ALPHA GAIDEN and started playing Chibi-Robo, which is a pretty weird game.
I'm at 20 in SRWAG, and trying not to dump entire nights into it for a little while.
IT'S TOO LATE FOR THAT.

Even with my "Breaks" I can't stop playing. To be honest, I got into this game only because of super robots, getter and mazinger basically, but after a while I started liking the gundams, and sorting them, Nu Gundam, the Sasabi, turn-A and Double X, for example.

But right now (playing on easy route, I don't want to stress myself getting Skilll points) I'm at a question that divides your forces into real robots (the space route) and super robots (the earth route), a couple of days ago I would tell you SUPER ROBOTS, right now, I'm really thinking about it.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Joe Camacho wrote:
Gil_Hamilton wrote:
IT'S TOO LATE FOR THAT.

Even with my "Breaks" I can't stop playing. To be honest, I got into this game only because of super robots, getter and mazinger basically, but after a while I started liking the gundams, and sorting them, Nu Gundam, the Sasabi, turn-A and Double X, for example.

But right now (playing on easy route, I don't want to stress myself getting Skilll points) I'm at a question that divides your forces into real robots (the space route) and super robots (the earth route), a couple of days ago I would tell you SUPER ROBOTS, right now, I'm really thinking about it.
My shining moment came in episode 7: Endless Waltz.
I was going for the skill point, so I rushed the bad guys.

Everyone on the map decided that they hated Kakizaki's VF-1A.
So they all started firing on the cannon fodder with a name.
And he dodged every single attack and countered, with a good number of critical hits. He was killing stuff left and right until he ran out of missiles.

I was laughing after the third dodge, and the Invincible Cannon Fodder of Doom will live on forever as one of the most legendary moments in all of SRW history, at least as far as a Macross nut like me is concerned.

I just wish I had a video.
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

Nice, yeah, upgraded valkyries are awesome to send in the middle of the enemy, they draw enemy fire and are impossible to shot down.

My only complaint is that I would have LOVED that Isamu's valkyrie could be equipped with missiles in fighter form.

I think I'll go on the Super Robot Route, most of my* aces are super robots, and I can always uses the NG+ feature and play a real robot game later.

... Although all Skull Squadron is going to the moon. Oh well, the Xabungle group and the Elemental Lords will stay on the earth route.
Last edited by Joe Camacho on Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Joe Camacho wrote:Nice, yeah, upgraded valkyries are awesome to send in the middle of the enemy, they draw enemy fire and are impossible to shot down.
Kakizaki's Valk was stock. :D
My only complaint is that I would have LOVED that Isamu's valkyrie could be equipped with missiles in fighter form.
Yeah. Not sure what happened there.

At least the SD AVFs are ADORABLE.
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

So I'm playing on the earth route, and I get this mission in which I have to defeat Gilgilgan, with only Voltes V and Combattler because the other guys are frozen by an electromagnetic device.

There is also a bunch of Mechasaurus and flying fortress Guda in the field.

I take Gilgilgan on, use valored attacks, after a scene, I get moral 150 and pound gilgilgan, which turns to Mecha Gilgilgan, and also liberates the other units, so I start pounding the other enemy units.

I defeat Mecha Gilgilgan and the Dinosaur Empire Scientist runs away and leave THREE Mecha Gilgilgans for me, which luckily are destroyed by the Machinery Children, BUT after that, they left but one stayed to FIGHT.

At 2am, I decided it was a good time to go to sleep.
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

been soaking up some Sega Ages for PS2 lately, also trying to unlock everything in Dawn of Mana.
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]
ZH/Franky

Post by ZH/Franky »

- Almost completed GTA4 (PS3)
- Haven't played Shin Megami Tensei (SNES) much this week, but I've defeated both vishnu and ravanna. Will probably play it tonight, as it happens, seeing as it's Friday, and I apparently have time.
- Completed Bioshock (PS3) I saved all the little sisters, if you're interested for some reason.

- Replaying through MGS4 (PS3). I guess, again, I'll have to simultaneously cringe and think "what the fuck" aloud when Snake makes his way through a giant microwave oven (and survives it, fighting Ocelot to the death shortly after). And the sudden appearance of Big Boss. OMFG. And Eva explaining how a complex AI system called the patriots, capable of human-like thought, codenamed "The Patriots", was created in something like the 1970's. (((OMFG ^ 10) ^ 10) + (8 ^ 0.5)).
And let's not forget those women who have a burning, death-wish ridden, desire to kill Solid Snake, laughing, crying, and whatever else those crazy fucked-by-their-daddy's feel is appropriate. Oh shit the desperate housewife is chasing you Snake! Run!
And the fact that Snake doesn't turn up to Meryl's wedding: THAT SON OF A BITCH!! (and the fact that Meryl holds a gun to Roy Campell's face when he congratulates her: THAT CRAZY BITCH!!). And the fact that Johny proposes to Meryl in the middle of a gunfight... THAT CRAZY SON OF A BITCH!! And the fact that they kiss each other while being shot at... ok, screw this, too many things to complain about. My head will implode if I continue.
(because other than the aforementioned severe cheesiness, it's one of the best games out there).

New games I will be playing sometime (I don't have them atm, obviously):
- Bionic Commando Rearmed (PS3; will purchase via PSN).
- Super Robot Wars Alpha Gaiden (PS1; I'll get it off ebay, make a few copies of the disc (better to have several copies in case one breaks), including a patched copy (patched with Gideon Zhi's english translation of the game), then I'll resell the original disc (along with everything like box, manual, etc that it comes with) to someone on ebay).
- Resident Evil 5 (PS3) when it is released
- Dead Space (PS3). I'll probably look for a pre-owned copy in reasonable condition
- Time Crisis 4 (PS3)

Misc. gaming-related tasks on my busy schedule :) :
- Email Rockstar Games, asking if by any chance GTA4 Lost and Damned will also be released on PSN, and not just XBL (GTA4 Lost and Damned is an expansion pack for GTA4).
Last edited by ZH/Franky on Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:07 pm, edited 8 times in total.
diminish

Post by diminish »

Final Fantasy X
Rez
Disgaea
Ico
Katamari Damacy
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

far cry 2 while the thought of re-grinding in last remnant is still a chore.
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

oh yeah, I'm playing Ico and FFX aswell.
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]
Louis Cypher
Devil Summoner

Post by Louis Cypher »

I beat Persona 4 yesterday. TRUE ending, not the pansy normal ending.

I'm also playing Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth, the new Prince of Persia game, and Eternal Sonata. Also Dynasty Warriors: Gundam, on and off. 360 versions for what it's worth of everything 'cept CoC.
[url=http://agtp.romhack.net]Aeon Genesis ~ We eat ham and jam and spam-alot[/url]
badinsults
"Your thread will be crushed."

Post by badinsults »

This week I have played:

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (DS)
Rock Band 2 (Xbox 360)
Banjo Kazooie HD (Xbox 360)
Sonic Rush (DS)
Metal Slug Advance (GBA)

I expect Rock Band 2 to eat up a lot of my free time for a while.
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

badinsults wrote:I expect Rock Band 2 to eat up a lot of my free time for a while.
Oh, it will. The game is a blast with a full band.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
AamirM
Regen Developer
Regen Developer

Post by AamirM »

JoJo's Bizarre Adventures
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Obligatory WRYYYYYY
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Sferics
Regular

Post by Sferics »

Franky wrote:- Almost completed GTA4 (PS3)
- Haven't played Shin Megami Tensei (SNES) much this week, but I've defeated both vishnu and ravanna. Will probably play it tonight, as it happens, seeing as it's Friday, and I apparently have time.
- Completed Bioshock (PS3) I saved all the little sisters, if you're interested for some reason.

- Replaying through MGS4 (PS3). I guess, again, I'll have to simultaneously cringe and think "what the fuck" aloud when Snake makes his way through a giant microwave oven (and survives it, fighting Ocelot to the death shortly after). And the sudden appearance of Big Boss. OMFG. And Eva explaining how a complex AI system called the patriots, capable of human-like thought, codenamed "The Patriots", was created in something like the 1970's. (((OMFG ^ 10) ^ 10) + (8 ^ 0.5)).
And let's not forget those women who have a burning, death-wish ridden, desire to kill Solid Snake, laughing, crying, and whatever else those crazy fucked-by-their-daddy's feel is appropriate. Oh shit the desperate housewife is chasing you Snake! Run!
And the fact that Snake doesn't turn up to Meryl's wedding: THAT SON OF A BITCH!! (and the fact that Meryl holds a gun to Roy Campell's face when he congratulates her: THAT CRAZY BITCH!!). And the fact that Johny proposes to Meryl in the middle of a gunfight... THAT CRAZY SON OF A BITCH!! And the fact that they kiss each other while being shot at... ok, screw this, too many things to complain about. My head will implode if I continue.
(because other than the aforementioned severe cheesiness, it's one of the best games out there).

New games I will be playing sometime (I don't have them atm, obviously):
- Bionic Commando Rearmed (PS3; will purchase via PSN).
- Super Robot Wars Alpha Gaiden (PS1; I'll get it off ebay, make a few copies of the disc (better to have several copies in case one breaks), including a patched copy (patched with Gideon Zhi's english translation of the game), then I'll resell the original disc (along with everything like box, manual, etc that it comes with) to someone on ebay).
- Resident Evil 5 (PS3) when it is released
- Dead Space (PS3). I'll probably look for a pre-owned copy in reasonable condition
- Time Crisis 4 (PS3)

Misc. gaming-related tasks on my busy schedule :) :
- Email Rockstar Games, asking if by any chance GTA4 Lost and Damned will also be released on PSN, and not just XBL (GTA4 Lost and Damned is an expansion pack for GTA4).
you're in love with the ps3, we fucking get it
David Dunham - "Efficiency is intelligent laziness"