Post v1.42 ZSNES WIPs

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Jipcy
Veteran

Post by Jipcy »

Ichinisan wrote:Does it support Shift+Tab for reverse-order cycling (like Windows does)?
Not in my experience. Shift-tab = tab from what I've seen.
[url=http://zsnes-docs.sf.net]Official ZSNES Docs[/url] | [url=http://zsnes-docs.sf.net/nsrt]NSRT Guide[/url] | [url=http://endoftransmission.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=394]Using a Wiimote w/ emulators[/url]
Clements
Randomness

Post by Clements »

grinvader wrote:
Clements wrote:You should at least be able to skip them with a left-click or something. Same with the other GUI prompts.
We want those to be read.

No clicking.
I guess I can launch via frontends to skip all those nag messages entirely.
Ichinisan
Veteran

Post by Ichinisan »

I just use the -nofool switch ;)
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Jipcy wrote:
Ichinisan wrote:Does it support Shift+Tab for reverse-order cycling (like Windows does)?
Not in my experience. Shift-tab = tab from what I've seen.
If zsnes sees the difference between tab and shift-tab, it'll just require a little macro tweak to make it work. If not, too bad.
I'm gonna look into it.

Edit: quick debug sez nope, no input difference for shift-tab, sorry.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Naelphin
Rookie

Post by Naelphin »

Compiled for pentium3+, latest of 10 April

http://naelphin.googlepages.com/zsnesw.rar

For the roughly 3 people who care ;)
tsunami231

Post by tsunami231 »

is the lastest build of zsnes?
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

tsunami231 wrote:is the lastest build of zsnes?
These are "work in progress" versions of ZSNES.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
ipher
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by ipher »

whats this? a WIP?

5/14/06 - Revision #3068
ALL: Rejoice for much more complete DSP-3 code. [Nach]
ALL: Fixed two hacks to work properly. Deae Tonosama Appare Ichiban and Lamborghini - American Challenge are working again. [Jonas Quinn]
ALL: Fixed SRAM Mapping. Dezaemon, Tokimeki Memorial, Fire Emblem - Thracia 776, Dragon Knight 4 and some others are fixed, now. [Jonas Quinn]
ALL: Fixed missing game info on load if you used the battery feature. [Jonas Quinn]
ALL: Fixed OBC-1 code. [Jonas Quinn]
ALL: Trim top two lines from top of screen when using NTSC filter because it seems to want to draw green crap there [pagefault]
W_S: Finally fixed the most annoying bug ever. ZSNES will no longer jump back into the GUI randomly if you press F2 / F4 or some other buttons repeatedly. Special thanks to Dan for the clues on how to recreate it. [Jonas Quinn]
WIN: Win 1600x1200 modes are now really x1200 [grinvader]
WIN: Disable vsync when fast forwarding, inspired by pSXAuthor [pagefault]
WIN: NTSC filter now usable in all windowed modes that are DR [pagefault]
GUI: Tell the user that dual mice are not detected when enabled and they really aren't there [pagefault]
SRC: Removed Super Final Match Tennis hack because it does nothing [Jonas Quinn]
SRC: Removed hacks for Human Grand Prix 1 & 2, since the hack is only for HGP3 [Jonas Quinn]
SRC: Removed useless code, and fixed typo in uic.c [Jonas Quinn]
SRC: Improved CPU detection for 64 bit CPUs. [Nach]
WIP: Now using the SVN repository, SVN revision number is now included in the changelog. [ipher]
WIP: Now using mingw32 to compile ZSNESW. [ipher]
[url=http://www.ipherswipsite.com]ipher's WIP Site[/url]
Stifu
Regular

Post by Stifu »

Cool !

By the way, I noticed moving the ZSNES window around (by holding the cursor on the menu) is a lot slower and less smooth than it used to be... The last WIP I used before that one being the Feb 19 one.
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

New WIP! Great job, devs.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Great :D
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Mike
ZBoard Prince

Post by Mike »

Nice work. I must say you devs work hard on zsnes, and do a good job.
**Prince of the Zsnes board**
*Smash Champ*
whicker
Trooper

Post by whicker »

Stifu wrote:Cool !

By the way, I noticed moving the ZSNES window around (by holding the cursor on the menu) is a lot slower and less smooth than it used to be... The last WIP I used before that one being the Feb 19 one.
To add to Stifu's observation, dragging the window takes 100% CPU, and the window contents do not redraw until the mouse button is released.

Also: "ZSNES will no longer jump back into the GUI randomly if you press F2 / F4 or some other buttons repeatedly. Special thanks to Dan for the clues on how to recreate it. [Jonas Quinn] "

YAY! WOOHOO! And I thought I was just hitting some obscure key combination.
creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

Great. :wink:
whicker wrote:YAY! WOOHOO! And I thought I was just hitting some obscure key combination.
Same here. It seemed like you had to press the key a certain time to "register". Happened more often during slowed-down gameplay.
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
bsnes launcher with recent files list
Ichinisan
Veteran

Post by Ichinisan »

whicker wrote:

To add to Stifu's observation, dragging the window takes 100% CPU, and the window contents do not redraw until the mouse button is released.

Also: "ZSNES will no longer jump back into the GUI randomly if you press F2 / F4 or some other buttons repeatedly. Special thanks to Dan for the clues on how to recreate it. [Jonas Quinn] "

Dragging any Window causes high CPU utilization. Try it.

Also, you don't need to find a tiny clickable area in the menu bar to drag. You can use the right mouse button anywhere to drag the window around.
whicker
Trooper

Post by whicker »

Ichinisan wrote:
whicker wrote:

Dragging any Window causes high CPU utilization. Try it.

Also, you don't need to find a tiny clickable area in the menu bar to drag. You can use the right mouse button anywhere to drag the window around.
Uhm. no. kthx.

Holding the mouse button down by itself is causing the high utilization. Dragging a normal window only causes spikes in CPU usage, and only if the window actually moves.
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

creaothceann wrote:Great. :wink:
whicker wrote:YAY! WOOHOO! And I thought I was just hitting some obscure key combination.
Same here. It seemed like you had to press the key a certain time to "register". Happened more often during slowed-down gameplay.
We knew about this bug for a while. It happens to be the first bug report by Jonas on this forum. However it was a pain to find.

Anyways, last week Dan stopped by my house, and told me he found this bug. But then he also told me exactly how to recreate it. He noticed by using slow down and frame by frame mode what was going on. Apparently if you didn't hold down F2/F4 or certain other extended keys for more than a frame, it registered as an escape press.

Using this now accurate info of recreation, Jonas tracked it to one of our input handling routines which for some reason requested emulation to move ahead a frame. One removing the useless request, all is good :)
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by galamonth »

There is somthing wierd about the video filter options on the lastes 2 wips, im using the DOS ones and when a i clik on a option the screen just flashes. Well at least if i edit the configuration file then i can use the filters i want.
kieran_
Mugwump

Post by kieran_ »

I am using the latest wip. I am seeing no video filter options!
Win xp SP2
512MB Ram
9200 Radeon 256MB 6.2 Catalyst.
Direct X 9.0c.
I have tried many resolutions, and I have used "D" modes but to no avail. I'll download some older WIPs and see if the problem is there as well. No one else seems to have this problem, so it's probably on my end.
Ichinisan
Veteran

Post by Ichinisan »

Did you try a different tab? ;)
kieran_
Mugwump

Post by kieran_ »

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:oops:

I haven't used ZSNES in a while. What a fucking dumbass.
xXGogetaXx

Post by xXGogetaXx »

Please kick me if I'm utterly wrong:
Aerdan wrote:Custom resolution support for Windows has been added. This thread may now be unstickied and locked.
I really want to play on my tv, so what does he mean by this? Can you actually make your own resolution inside Zsnes, or do you have to compile your own version? Since my programming "Skillz" don't exceed HTML and CSS.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

It means that ZSNES polls DirectX for resolutions. Thus, resolutions are no longer hardcoded into ZSNES and you can use any resolution that is supported by DirectX and your video card/monitor.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
xXGogetaXx

Post by xXGogetaXx »

Allright. But how can I set the resolutions want then?
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

xXGogetaXx wrote:Allright. But how can I set the resolutions want then?
Agozer wrote:It means that ZSNES polls DirectX for resolutions. Thus, resolutions are no longer hardcoded into ZSNES and you can use any resolution that is supported by DirectX and your video card/monitor.
For the fullscreen modes.. you are restricted to the resolutions your monitor/video card supports (this does not apply to the SDL port I believe). However, I believe Windowed modes will work in any given resolution as large as the monitor/video card can support it. (For instance, you can probably use resolutions greater than 1600x1200 if your monitor+video card support those resolutions... but remember that performance might be terrible in doing so.)
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...