Wierd button registering problems.

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

smkdan
Hazed

Wierd button registering problems.

Post by smkdan »

Alot of the time I get flawless gameplay from 1.36 and 1.42 alike. A few Tetris Attack games have been ruined by wierd button press behaviour with 1.36. 1.36 is the version of choice for TA but a few games recently showed me this:

Buttons get ignored, as in completely go unregistered. There are often some jerks that aren't evident in version 1.42! I'm using latency 1 so lat shouldnt be the problem. Oddly enough, 1.42 plays just fine for the short time before it gets disconnected/desynced. This was all with the same player.

More odd though, it varies from player to player? Either that or my system became not so freindly to 1.36 recently. Don't know anything that would cause that though.

To sum it up, I get dodgy controller input with 1.36 in Tetris Attack that is NOT evident in 1.42 though ultimately it desyncs and it varies from different players?!

Ok, thats a pretty bizarro problem but does anyone have any suggestions at all? Sucks having play performance degraded like this...