Problems with Addams Family Values

A forum for admins and moderators to move verified bug posts to. Only move topics here if they are indeed verified bugs.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Nali Warrior

Problems with Addams Family Values

Post by Nali Warrior »

I was wondering if ZSNES has problems emulating the game Addams Family Values. The game not only suffers from some noticeable slowdowns, but also sometimes the screen gets covered by black rectangles and other ugly things which cause the game to reset itself.
Sometimes Fester can even walk through walls and enemies. I tried another emulator (specifically snes9x) and the game runs perfectly
but has audio issues. I've downloaded a few Roms of the game, both pal and ntsc but they all have the same problems.
creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

Have you checked the ROM with NSRT?
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
bsnes launcher with recent files list
mytmyke
Rookie

Post by mytmyke »

Same promblen here.

NSRT v3.3 RC3 - Nach's SNES ROM Tools

---------------------Internal ROM Info----------------------
File: Addams Family Values (U) [!].smc
Name: ADDAMS FAMILY VALUES Company: Ocean
Header: None Bank: LoROM
Interleaved: No SRAM: 0 Kb
Type: Normal ROM: 16 Mb
ROM Speed: 120ns (FastROM) Revision: 1.0
Checksum: Good 0x3EB3 CRC32: 98B07DB8
MD5: 7E52067E9CB3E6A190272A9D1D75A9AF
--------------------------Database--------------------------
Name: Addams Family Values
Port 1: Gamepad Port 2: Gamepad
Genre 1: Unknown Genre 2: None
Nali Warrior

Post by Nali Warrior »

Can't something be done? I'm runnig the Genesis version but the SNES counterpart sounds and looks better. :cry:
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

I'm sure pagefault will take a look at it once he has the time. Like with most bugs, it can't be fixed right away.

Does this happen with the old graphics engine?
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

I remember this bug. This has been known for a few years.
Nali Warrior

Post by Nali Warrior »

Ver. 1.30 corrects the errors, except for some slowdowns in the dungeons. Aside from that I haven't encountered any issues yet.
That Dude

Post by That Dude »

Nali Warrior wrote:Ver. 1.30 corrects the errors, except for some slowdowns in the dungeons. Aside from that I haven't encountered any issues yet.
Sorry to have to reply to an old topic, but if the errors were corrects in 1.30, then they must've come back sometime later.

That does NOT look fixed :(

Edit: Oh yeah, and it got even worse in the latest WIP. In that version, I can't even get off the first area without it buggin' out. I guess I'll have to settle for the Genesis version or something
FitzRoy
Veteran

Post by FitzRoy »

That Dude wrote: I guess I'll have to settle for the Genesis version or something
Or *gasp*, try another emulator.
www.zapatabase.com
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

It would be nice if someone knows this still doesn't work in 1.50. If someone knows the version of ZSNES that this worked in, that would be appreciated (if it didn't ever work at all, say that too).
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
nj7

Post by nj7 »

Blocks out with Adam's Family Values (U) and Adam's Family Value (E) both crash with black screen after you press start where it says to on main screen......worked in previous version of 1.42, just tested it :(