Final Fantasy III

A forum for admins and moderators to move verified bug posts to. Only move topics here if they are indeed verified bugs.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Mega Blaster Holy Metal

Final Fantasy III

Post by Mega Blaster Holy Metal »

hm... sorry i Don't know if this has already been reported but in FFIII there's a strange thing that happens to me, when they're fleeing form the castle and terra uses magic the other two begin to talk and their heads fall in the menu, i dunno if this is supposed to happen, but its really weird

NSRT v3.3 - Nach's SNES ROM Tools

---------------------Internal ROM Info----------------------
File: Final Fantasy III.smc
Name: FINAL FANTASY 3 Company: Square
Header: SWC Bank: HiROM
Interleaved: No SRAM: 64 Kb
Type: Normal + Batt ROM: 24 Mb
ROM Speed: 120ns (FastROM) Revision: 1.1
Checksum: Good 0x8A60 CRC32: C0FA0464
MD5: 544311E104805E926083ACF29EC664DA
--------------------------Database--------------------------
Name: Final Fantasy III
Port 1: Gamepad Port 2: Gamepad
Genre 1: RPG Genre 2: Turn Based

well i can't see anything wrong, and im using the last WIP
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

A known issue.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Mega Blaster Holy Metal

well, yes? what should i do?
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Wait... like everyone else for bug fixes.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
Mega Blaster Holy Metal

... my beards is growing
Stifu
Regular

Post by Stifu »

Mega Blaster Holy Metal wrote:... my beards is growing
... It's only been one day. Better not wait for the bug to be fixed before considering shaving.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Mega Blaster Holy Metal wrote:... my beards is growing
This post needs an award.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
Mega Blaster Holy Metal

sorry i thoug it would be like
"hey this is wrong"
"oh yeah do this this and this and its fixed"
"ah now it works!"
"thank you come again"
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Mega Blaster Holy Metal wrote:sorry i thoug it would be like
"hey this is wrong"
"oh yeah do this this and this and its fixed"
"ah now it works!"
"thank you come again"
Sometimes, it is more like:
"hey, we already know"
"if it were that simple, why don't you fix it yourself"
"it's not that obvious to fix"
Mega Blaster Holy Metal

ok ok i mean... i thought it was already solved

anyway thank you
VashTSPD

Post by VashTSPD »

I just noticed the same problem. and is anyone else having a problem with the Blitz attack? or am I just stupid and don't understand how it works. it doesn't give me any prompts that I can see, and the one time I got it to work I just mashed l,r,l,a and it worked, but that was when he was the only party member, now I can't mash because I'm selecting someone else's attact.
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

VashTSPD wrote:I just noticed the same problem. and is anyone else having a problem with the Blitz attack? or am I just stupid and don't understand how it works. it doesn't give me any prompts that I can see, and the one time I got it to work I just mashed l,r,l,a and it worked, but that was when he was the only party member, now I can't mash because I'm selecting someone else's attact.
You don't know how it works. I have never had problems inputing blitz, and I play on a Keyboard. Repeat the fight in which Sabin joins you and look closer to the instructions.

Or read a FAQ.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Joe Camacho wrote:You don't know how it works. I have never had problems inputing blitz, and I play on a Keyboard. Repeat the fight in which Sabin joins you and look closer to the instructions.

Or read a FAQ.
The problem with FF3/6 stupidity... this resembles the "intro bug" reports, except with more headbanging.
VashTSPD wrote:I just noticed the same problem. and is anyone else having a problem with the Blitz attack? or am I just stupid and don't understand how it works. it doesn't give me any prompts that I can see, and the one time I got it to work I just mashed l,r,l,a and it worked, but that was when he was the only party member, now I can't mash because I'm selecting someone else's attact.
When you select the Blitz command, it accepts some controller input (B to cancel input/blitz, and A to process the all the input you entered). This requires NO mashing of the keys. You simply need to learn how the command operates, seriously. Also note, that when you are entering a blitz, the battle gauge (if enabled) will be stopped.
anthiena

Post by anthiena »

Well, I've noticed it too.... I just thought it was weird Japanese humor. I also notice that the one I have flickers kind of bad on the world map. I got the Japanese ROM from Neurologic and the translation hack from RPGOne. (Just google it-you will find it) I suppose that's what I get for using hacks....
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Use one of the later ZSNES WIPs to resolve the flickering. ZSNES 1.42 used a hack, which has been removed since. Get a WIP at http://zsnes.ipherswipsite.com
jsnake
Rookie

Post by jsnake »

I don't want to start a new thread for this in fear that I'll get responses like 'RTFM'. But, has that weird problem with the battle menu's been fixed in the latest WIPs? Y'know, the bug that cuts off half of the battle commands sometimes. I haven't gotten to the point where it used to happen for me (Vargas Battle), so I can't test myself.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

jsnake wrote:I don't want to start a new thread for this in fear that I'll get responses like 'RTFM'. But, has that weird problem with the battle menu's been fixed in the latest WIPs? Y'know, the bug that cuts off half of the battle commands sometimes. I haven't gotten to the point where it used to happen for me (Vargas Battle), so I can't test myself.
That's RTO (Range Time Over). From what I recall in older threads, it is either not implemented, or implemented incorrectly.
jsnake
Rookie

Post by jsnake »

Deathlike2 wrote:
jsnake wrote:I don't want to start a new thread for this in fear that I'll get responses like 'RTFM'. But, has that weird problem with the battle menu's been fixed in the latest WIPs? Y'know, the bug that cuts off half of the battle commands sometimes. I haven't gotten to the point where it used to happen for me (Vargas Battle), so I can't test myself.
That's RTO (Range Time Over). From what I recall in older threads, it is either not implemented, or implemented incorrectly.
So, basically... I have to wait?
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

jsnake wrote:So, basically... I have to wait?
Yes.
creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

Or use an emulator that has it implemented correctly.

Can't remember if bsnes does that...
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
bsnes launcher with recent files list
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

creaothceann wrote:Or use an emulator that has it implemented correctly.

Can't remember if bsnes does that...
anomie figured out RTO and added it to Snes9x immediatly. bsnes implemented it based off of anomie's notes I believe.
Super Sleuth probably has it done too. I'm not so sure about SNEeSe, I know SNEeSe is a bit lacking in it's video department. ZSNES I think has part of it implemented, but clearly not enough. I think pagefault said he didn't implement part of it because it would break our method of C4 video transfering, but since then we fixed our C4 code to transfer the video data properly so it shouldn't be a problem to implement now.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by creaothceann »

I looked it up again - bsnes v0.18 doesn't calculate RTO flags on frameskipped frames.

Nach:
Thanks for the info. :)
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
bsnes launcher with recent files list
byuu

Post by byuu »

It does if you compile with #define FAVOR_ACCURACY. It does not if you compile with #define FAVOR_SPEED.

It still performs RTO regardless on frames that are actually drawn. The only known ROM we know of that even reads the RTO registers is the SNES Test Program Electronics Test. And the difference in speed is ~33%. I figure, if you have to use frameskipping, then you obviously have speed problems. And frameskipping provides virtually no benefit if you still have to calculate RTO status flags every frame.
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

This guy makes me laugh, this has been a glitch since the dawn of time. And when is your beard not growing. I've done far worse though, so don't take this as a personal insult or anything.
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]