So who else got there Wii today

Feel free to discuss anything gaming related.

Moderator: General Mods

clessoulis
Regular

So who else got there Wii today

Post by clessoulis »

It took me 10 hrs camping out at target but I finally got one and I must say i'm highly impressed except for a few minior features.
PHoNyMiKe
Retrosexual

Post by PHoNyMiKe »

I'm about to run out and see if there's any at target. I figured there's gotta be plenty of wiis left. I was gonna go at 8:00 am when they opened, but I need my beauty rest.
[url=http://www.alexchiu.com/affiliates/clickthru.cgi?id=phonymike]ultimate immortality[/url]
[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/image,zsnes,white,purple.png[/img][/url]
creaothceann
Seen it all

Re: So who else got there Wii today

Post by creaothceann »

clessoulis wrote:[...] highly impressed except for a few minor features.
Do tell.
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
bsnes launcher with recent files list
AntoineWG
Trooper

Post by AntoineWG »

I went to Walmart at 11 last night. I was 36th in line. They only got 31 units. I wasted 2 hours that I could have been playing GoW. I think I'm going to buy an iPod and wait til Xmas for the Wii.
[i]"It is better to have tried and failed than to have failed to try, but the result's the same." - Mike Dennison[/i]
PHoNyMiKe
Retrosexual

Post by PHoNyMiKe »

yeah I tried target and circuit city around noon. all sold out :( I used google maps (on the cellomaphone) to get the phone of local best buys, all sold out as well. moral of the story, google maps kicks ass!!

don't get an ipod you fag! or if you do remember to use winamp and the ml_ipod plugin, it's the only way!!
[url=http://www.alexchiu.com/affiliates/clickthru.cgi?id=phonymike]ultimate immortality[/url]
[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/image,zsnes,white,purple.png[/img][/url]
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

I only picked up Twilight Princess. I'm getting a Wii in a month or so.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
jaq
Rookie

Post by jaq »

I had tried getting mine at the midnight launch from a bunch of different walmarts but most of them only had like around 20-30 and they were snatched up within a half hour. I managed to snag one from Target right at 8:30 after waiting in line since 5:30 in the morning while freezing my ass off. They had 60 but sold out within an hour. I picked up an extra remote, nunchuck, classic controller, Zelda, and Red steel. I havent I played a few games of Wii sports with my roomate but then passed out soon afterwards from having been awake for a good 28 hours.
clessoulis
Regular

Post by clessoulis »

creaothceann wrote:
clessoulis wrote:[...] highly impressed except for a few minor features.
Do tell.
There all minnor things but

*No component cable in any stores untill the 15th of december. This means all my Wii games look horriably washed out as I only have HDtvs in my house now
*Updating the systems online feature took over an hour to do
*Some of the games are not as responsive as Id like them to be
* No wireless standard style controllers for you GC games.
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

I wonder what version should I have...The Wii or the GC one. Do i have to simulate sword lashed with the wiimote or I can switch it to button smashing?
Yes I know that my grammar sucks!
AntoineWG
Trooper

Post by AntoineWG »

Do the Wavebird controllers work with it?
[i]"It is better to have tried and failed than to have failed to try, but the result's the same." - Mike Dennison[/i]
DarkDragoon
Soul Hacker

Post by DarkDragoon »

AntoineWG wrote:Do the Wavebird controllers work with it?
Yes, they've already been proven to work.

But, yeah, I got mine this morning after waiting outside of the local Wal-Mart for 16 hours. The wait was well worth it, as I've been having an absolute blast savagely beating up randomly generated Mii's in Wii Sports Boxing.

edit: Just check, and the Bongos work perfectly fine, too.
Last edited by DarkDragoon on Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Toot toot Sonic Warrior, deep in space and time
Toot toot Sonic Warrior, forever in your mind
Nothing can survive the will to stay alive
'cause if you try, you can do anything
AntoineWG
Trooper

Post by AntoineWG »

I just wasn't sure since I couldn't find anything on Nintendo's website saying one way or the other.
Gospel
Hazed

Post by Gospel »

Yeah man, Zelda is amazing, but Wii Sports has just rekindled the complete joy of playing a video game.
jaq
Rookie

Post by jaq »

clessoulis wrote: *Updating the systems online feature took over an hour to do
I imagine thats just because of heavy load on Nintendo's servers. The update only took me about 5 mins.

On another note, I notice that the broswer isn't available. Says they're planning to release it in the near future. Maybe I missread somewhere but i thought it was gonna be available at launch?
DarkDragoon
Soul Hacker

Post by DarkDragoon »

jaq wrote:
clessoulis wrote: *Updating the systems online feature took over an hour to do
I imagine thats just because of heavy load on Nintendo's servers. The update only took me about 5 mins.

On another note, I notice that the broswer isn't available. Says they're planning to release it in the near future. Maybe I missread somewhere but i thought it was gonna be available at launch?
For some reason or another, it's being pushed back until January. They're still offereing it for free until Summer, though.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

cless:

first, there != their

barring that, does the Wii use the same AV input jack as SNES, N64, and GC, or did they change that?
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
DarkDragoon
Soul Hacker

Post by DarkDragoon »

adventure_of_link wrote:cless:

first, there != their

barring that, does the Wii use the same AV input jack as SNES, N64, and GC, or did they change that?
They changed it.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Alright, thanks DD
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
MethodOne
Rookie

Post by MethodOne »

When I got my Wii today at EB at 11:30 am, there was no line. I just picked it up, along with Zelda TP, a remote, and a Nunchuk. Unfortunately, they ran out of Points Cards and Classic Controllers. I had to get an RF modulator from RadioShack so I can hook it up to my 24-year-old Toshiba TV. I really had a blast playing Wii Sports Bowling with my sisters.

My Wii Number is 7906 1043 0760 9567
[url=https://secure.eff.org/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=221]Save Internet Radio[/url]
[url=http://www.defectivebydesign.org]Say No to DRM[/url]
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

So the key is aiming at the sensor, not the tv huh?
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
clessoulis
Regular

Post by clessoulis »

If your bars above the tv it works fine aiming at the tv. If its below you normally aim more towards the censor.
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

Neo Kaiser wrote:I wonder what version should I have...The Wii or the GC one. Do i have to simulate sword lashed with the wiimote or I can switch it to button smashing?
I think you should try out both versions whenever the GCN version comes out. But yeah, I'd go with the Wii version because it seems more fun to play with.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

snkcube wrote:
Neo Kaiser wrote:I wonder what version should I have...The Wii or the GC one. Do i have to simulate sword lashed with the wiimote or I can switch it to button smashing?
I think you should try out both versions whenever the GCN version comes out. But yeah, I'd go with the Wii version because it seems more fun to play with.
I'll go with the GC because I am poor. :)
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
Lazz

Post by Lazz »

I got mine at Target yesterday after waiting two hours in line outside in the super cold before they opened after rushing there straight from work. I was 24 of 33. The Target here was very organized and gave us all hot cocoa, which was pretty cool. They also gave us all a thing to mark off what we wanted. When the store opened, we all went to the electronics section and the employees delivered the stuff to us to check out at the front or the electronics section. They started running out of classic controllers (right before I got mine!) and nunchuck attachments, however there were enough games and Wii Remotes to go around to everyone.

What i'd like to know, where the hell are the s-video cables? The composite cable is actually better than I expected, but s-video willl still look better even on my 27-inch Toshiba made 15 years ago despite all the things that annoy me about it.
Bent
Lurker

Post by Bent »

I was pissed, I went around about noon here yesterday with my little brothers and my girlfriend to all the stores in the area, both in the US and Canada (I live on the border) and every store we went to was out. I managed to snag a few games and extra Wiimotes, but nothing else. Most stores didn't have anything but shit games, found one with zelda and monkey ball, and only one store had the controllers. I was a little pissed because I wasn't worried about picking one up, I managed to get an N64 on launch day and a DS on launch day without any effort and was expecting the same. Oh well, I can wait a few more days I guess.
~Bent