ZSNES 1.5 Released!

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

There is no space between Z and SNES.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Agozer wrote:There is no space between Z and SNES.
My guess is board filter evasion. :wink:
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
lain

Post by lain »

Awesome, thanks you for zsnes 1.50!!
Some of my roms stopped working with it, but i updated em and all is good.

And lol at the santa sled & reindeers! :D
AspiringSquire
Born to Rule... Impatiently

Post by AspiringSquire »

Nach wrote:Well I just was looking over the change log, and I noticed some things which have somewhat significant importance where left out of the change log. Yes we really did a lot.
Guess one shouldn't release early morning especially when delirious.
You could add them in the docs, since tweaking has already been done to the changelog there anyway.
[url=http://board.zsnes.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3298][color=brown]My [u]NES palette[/u][/color][/url] - better colors with any emulator.

"the more you know, and the more you can do... the more you are."
- [url=http://www.danielbohman.com][color=brown][u]daniel bohman[/u][/color][/url]
Magus`
Cap'n Gin | Admin

Post by Magus` »

Nice work. Hopefully the next official release will see all those annoying NetPlay issues fixed.
casualsax3
Veteran

Post by casualsax3 »

Magus` wrote:Nice work. Hopefully the next official release will see all those annoying NetPlay issues fixed.
I work for a software development firm and this sort of thing is so disheartening to read... we just spent months working on a new release with TONS of features and bugfixes, and then someone just glosses over it and says "fix this other thing"

Thanks for all your hard work guys - taking it for a spin now!
deathtok
Hazed

Post by deathtok »

Hmm... long time no see.

Great work as always.

I always come back to ZSNES for my Christmas miracle.
Magus`
Cap'n Gin | Admin

Post by Magus` »

casualsax3 wrote:
Magus` wrote:Nice work. Hopefully the next official release will see all those annoying NetPlay issues fixed.
I work for a software development firm and this sort of thing is so disheartening to read... we just spent months working on a new release with TONS of features and bugfixes, and then someone just glosses over it and says "fix this other thing"

Thanks for all your hard work guys - taking it for a spin now!
... Oops?
crocomire
Hazed

Post by crocomire »

This release looks awesome! Thanks ZSNES team for all hard work!
:wink:
THE LAST METROID IS IN CAPTIVITY.
THE GALAXY IS AT PEACE...
tehnick
Hazed

Post by tehnick »

Just curious as to why there isn't an official binary release for OS X (Intel)...
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

tehnick wrote:Just curious as to why there isn't an official binary release for OS X (Intel)...
Probably because the Zsnes team isn't responsable for that. Zsnes in OS X is the work of some other guy.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

Joe Camacho wrote:
tehnick wrote:Just curious as to why there isn't an official binary release for OS X (Intel)...
Probably because the Zsnes team isn't responsable for that. Zsnes in OS X is the work of some other guy.

Probably because no one on the ZSNES team itself can compile a release for Mac OS X. Also because we expect Unix users for the most part to compile themselves.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by Joe Camacho »

Nach wrote:
Joe Camacho wrote:

Probably because no one on the ZSNES team itself can compile a release for Mac OS X. Also because we expect Unix users for the most part to compile themselves.
Ah.. Sorry about that then.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
tehnick
Hazed

Post by tehnick »

Psst.. I realize OS X is unix based and all, but generally OS X users don't have too much in common with that of users of other unix operating systems.

A high majority of OS X users I'm willing to bet wouldn't even know it was possible to compile themselves. Rock solid unix-based? Yes. However, from the outside, an average user would never need to associate themselves with Terminal.app, etc. Apple does a fine job with it's GUI.
Silensho
Eternal Witness

Post by Silensho »

Belated thank you.
What?
darkbenny
Box Car Superhero

Post by darkbenny »

Nice work guys

why not make a thread explaining how and to who all should donate through

the main page is out of date for info like that isn't it?
bringing Zsnes back
BRPXQZME
Hazed

Post by BRPXQZME »

I was preparing a compatibility release (with a few patches for better OS X functionality), but then decided to wait for 1.51 (although you might see a 1.50). Whenever it comes. Just use the latest WIP I posted and don't enable anything dangerous; it's somewhat close to 1.5.

Other big reason there is no official OS X binary: support is not 100% ready. It will come when it is. A few flaws need ironing out; I prepare my WIP's by compiling it via the command line and moving the executable into a bundle. I don't think anyone's really done it in Xcode since hector did....
Only a couple screws loose.
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

Yeah waiting for 1.51 is a good idea. Besides it's not that far off. Just please follow SVN and let me know where we stand.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by odditude »

Damn, I'm too busy to touch my computer for a week and a half and look what happens.

Thank you dev team!
kieran_
Mugwump

Post by kieran_ »

Great stuff.
pagefault
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by pagefault »

The new SPC core won't make it into 1.51. It's being re-tooled.
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

At this point 1.51 looks like it'll be a bunch of bug fixes (at least 20), and a minor feature or two added.
More major changes probably won't make it till v1.52 or later.

Post by kieran_ »

This is the first time tat I have used ZSNES in a while. The custom resolution feature is fantastic. Thanks devs.
Randy1986

Post by Randy1986 »

Great work I love the wav record feature now I can record the sound effects and music from my favorite games.
pagefault
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by pagefault »

130,000 downloads and counting.