Z-Net is a nice netplay tool for zsnes.

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Mark57Raider
Regular

Z-Net is a nice netplay tool for zsnes.

Post by Mark57Raider »

There must be a good reason why Z-Net has died over the years. It actually is a good netplay alternative from zbattle. It has a good Quick Start to automatically play with someone, better download frequency, and a better interface to chat with whoever you would like to and set up games, instead of actually having two people chat in real time. You can have whole zsnes community chatting with each other. Kick and Ban features for people you don't like. Check it out!httphttp://www.z-net.tk/
smkdan
Hazed

Post by smkdan »

The most ideal scenario is if there is ONE net play lobby service that's popular. I think someone brought up the issue of fragmenting the already small community when another client for netplay was put out. That's exactly what I thought when I read the topic title...

I don't usually take sides with this sort of thing, but when ZB 2.0 comes out it'll cement itself as the most feature filled, popular client there is as it should be. Having the majority of people on one service means you don't have to deal with having to use multiple clients.
There must be a good reason why Z-Net has died over the years
The download links are dead
*hint*
Sferics
Regular

Post by Sferics »

I used to be a part of that comunity back in '05, and the room used to reach over 50 people. It is, in fact, a very nice client.

It started dying when the creator stopped posting and being active. IIRC, he said he was going to rewrite the script as soon as he learned C and never returned.
Last edited by Sferics on Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David Dunham - "Efficiency is intelligent laziness"
Jay Decay

Post by Jay Decay »

Zbattle 2.0 needs to come out. Hopefully it'll have win/lose statistics, friendslists, and other stuff like that... Anyone have a list of features?
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

Jay Decay wrote:Zbattle 2.0 needs to come out. Hopefully it'll have win/lose statistics, friendslists, and other stuff like that... Anyone have a list of features?
That will ruin the experience. Unless D/C counts as a lose.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.