What Games Have Kept You Guys Busy?

Feel free to discuss anything gaming related.

Moderator: General Mods

Mark57Raider
Regular

Post by Mark57Raider »

I lost interest in Dragon Quest 8 somewhere after fighting Don Mole who sounds a lot like James Brown. I went traveling on a ship, on some island, went to a town and my ps2 never seen a Dragon Quest 8 cd-rom ever since then. I guess maybe it's because I particularly try to make alchemy combinations most of the time, roughly for armours and shields and fail most of the time. So I probably quit altogether. I may try to dig up Atilier Iris 1 and give that a go again.
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

I finally beat Twilight Princess at like 2 A.M. today. Too bad the ending kind of makes me want to know what happens afterwards.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
Mike
ZBoard Prince

Post by Mike »

A new game started to keep me busy. It goes by the name of AnimaRO. I'm addicted!
**Prince of the Zsnes board**
*Smash Champ*
AntoineWG
Trooper

Post by AntoineWG »

I just picked up Guitar Hero II for my xbox. It's awesome. I'm not. It's still a lot of fun.
[i]"It is better to have tried and failed than to have failed to try, but the result's the same." - Mike Dennison[/i]
Mark57Raider
Regular

Post by Mark57Raider »

Just finished Tales of Phantasia yesterday, the last boss is disapointingly easy. I had a harder time with fang wolf than the last boss.
qwerty`
Rookie

Post by qwerty` »

Mark57Raider wrote:Just finished Tales of Phantasia yesterday, the last boss is disapointingly easy. I had a harder time with fang wolf than the last boss.
i have this kind of problem with almost every RPG i play. last one, FFXII, the last boss's final form was easier than his previous and the boss before it. actually, the most difficult thing was getting to the boss because my characters were severely underleveled, purposely... i think eventually i decided to just run past all the enemies anyway. underleveled characters are fun, some of the marks took 30-45 min straight to kill.
Mark57Raider
Regular

Post by Mark57Raider »

qwerty` wrote:
i have this kind of problem with almost every RPG i play. last one, FFXII, the last boss's final form was easier than his previous and the boss before it. actually, the most difficult thing was getting to the boss because my characters were severely underleveled, purposely... i think eventually i decided to just run past all the enemies anyway. underleveled characters are fun, some of the marks took 30-45 min straight to kill.
I disagree somewhat, because final fantasy 4's boss was actually a REAL final boss fight. He took out lots of hp every single round, and I had to constantly fight and cure 4 all the time. After trying to hit him with everything I got, I finally beat him after dying 14-18 previous times.

Another hard final boss is the Dark Genie in Dark Cloud 2 after you finish the main quest. His rays and micro genies do a pretty good sum of damage if you get hit by one

I was currently on the verge of beating the last boss in Atlier Iris called Amalgam, his pink sky attack pretty much killed my main character (source of fighting back) when he was at FULL health. So there's some final bosses that are really worth beating.

Secret of Mana's final boss isn't hard.

Secret of Evermore's final boss IS hard if you don't have the alchemy spell called Barrier and Secret of Mana 2's final boss wasn't even worth it.

On that note I'm still trying to finish the final boss in Atlier Iris. I died 2 previous times
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Mark57Raider wrote:
qwerty` wrote:
I disagree somewhat, because final fantasy 4's boss was actually a REAL final boss fight. He took out lots of hp every single round, and I had to constantly fight and cure 4 all the time. After trying to hit him with everything I got, I finally beat him after dying 14-18 previous times.
There is a challenge to fight a boss while underleveled. Too bad I was never in that catagory. :P
Secret of Mana's final boss isn't hard.
Of course, abuse critical hits+power up+super heal spells with an overpowered weapon to begin with, who could lose?
Secret of Evermore's final boss IS hard if you don't have the alchemy spell called Barrier and Secret of Mana 2's final boss wasn't even worth it.
I never used Barrier. Just sic toaster dog on it and you win.

SD3's final bosses (yes, they are different depending on the first character selected) are still a joke if can maximize the use of a team's potential via their final classes.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
Cool_Hylian
Rookie

Post by Cool_Hylian »

FF9! I just can't stop! :shock:
Hyrule is cool.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

More games that I have (re)loaded on my PSP:

1. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1
2. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
3. Final Fantasy Tactics
4. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team
5. Pokemon Leaf Green
6. Pokemon Ruby
7. Pokemon Sapphire
8. Final Fantasy 6 Advance
9. Wario Land 4
10. Monster Rancher 2
11. Megaman X6
12. Super Mario Advance
13. Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past 4 Swords

edit: Leaf Green, not Fire Green.. -_-"
Last edited by adventure_of_link on Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Mark57Raider wrote: I was currently on the verge of beating the last boss in Atlier Iris called Amalgam, his pink sky attack pretty much killed my main character (source of fighting back) when he was at FULL health. So there's some final bosses that are really worth beating.
Ugh. He has 32,000 HP and swept the floor with my party. I'm currently trying to make my party a little stronger in order to face him again with better chances of survival.

Abuse Mark of Courage/Weakness.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Mark57Raider
Regular

Post by Mark57Raider »

Agozer wrote:
Mark57Raider wrote: I was currently on the verge of beating the last boss in Atlier Iris called Amalgam, his pink sky attack pretty much killed my main character (source of fighting back) when he was at FULL health. So there's some final bosses that are really worth beating.
Ugh. He has 32,000 HP and swept the floor with my party. I'm currently trying to make my party a little stronger in order to face him again with better chances of survival.

Abuse Mark of Courage/Weakness.
Yeah I kinda just now got lucky on that fight. After spamming lots of Thunder God and Jump Kick attacks from Mariatta/Lita combo and managing to dispel his defense, Klein died. I sorta got lucky using Delsus' flare shot, being able to skill break Amalgams tough attacks and just keeping at it woot!
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

GUITAR HERO II

just came out on 360. i loves it
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
Boksha
Rookie

Post by Boksha »

Any RPG in japanese.
Because I spend about 5 minutes (trying) to translate each textbox. :p
Mark57Raider
Regular

Post by Mark57Raider »

Castlevania : Curse of Darkness and all the it's hack and slash glory. Just acquired the Dragon Buster sword and Curassair armor which grant me enormous attack and defense power as of now. lots of innocent devil attacks to bombard your enemies with. Almost if not good as the maze CastleVania's for the playstation and gameboy.
Vault Dweller
Lurker

Post by Vault Dweller »

Picked up Wild Arms 3 again. I fucking LOVE this games story line. LOVE.

I'll finish one of these games one day.
[quote="Magus'"]You are officially the first black wigger I've ever met.[/quote]
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

After sitting in my game pile for about 5 years, I decided to play REmake (Resident Evil remake on the Cube). And for some odd reason, it's actually pretty fun to play once you figure out what to do.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Vault Dweller wrote:Picked up Wild Arms 3 again. I fucking LOVE this games story line. LOVE.

Yes. LOVE.

The game is excellent. Still haven't tackled the last dungeon. Maybe I should do it before I get really old and die.
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Mark57Raider
Regular

Post by Mark57Raider »

Agozer wrote:
Vault Dweller wrote:Picked up Wild Arms 3 again. I fucking LOVE this games story line. LOVE.

Yes. LOVE.

The game is excellent. Still haven't tackled the last dungeon. Maybe I should do it before I get really old and die.
I loved wild Arms 3 as well, but for different reasons. The only time I started to dislike playing was when I spent hours trying to unearth this particular dungeon that I'm trying to find

I loved the battle system. The animations after you input all your commands is quite entertaining to watch. Gun stats you can upgrade when you visit a shop to make fighting much easier. The magic system where you need to shoot an enemy in order to gain magic power in battle (or at least i think you needed to shoot an enemy). Special shot skills to further damage your enemies. Nice spells as in other role playing games.

And the adventure on the whole can entertain you for hours on end. The encounter system rocks!

I usually don't play rpgs for the fruit of the story, it's mainly all the gameplay that goes with it that keeps me interested.
Rashidi
Trooper

Post by Rashidi »

Dragon Warrior Monster (1 + 2C/T)
Pokemon (all color variation)
Monster Rancher/Farm
Digimon

g-d lord!
how many monster are they ?
Mark57Raider
Regular

Post by Mark57Raider »

One catch'em all game was enough for me. ~Pokemon Red~
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Mark57Raider wrote:
Agozer wrote:

Yes. LOVE.

I loved wild Arms 3 as well, but for different reasons. The only time I started to dislike playing was when I spent hours trying to unearth this particular dungeon that I'm trying to find

I loved the battle system. The animations after you input all your commands is quite entertaining to watch. Gun stats you can upgrade when you visit a shop to make fighting much easier. The magic system where you need to shoot an enemy in order to gain magic power in battle (or at least i think you needed to shoot an enemy). Special shot skills to further damage your enemies. Nice spells as in other role playing games.

And the adventure on the whole can entertain you for hours on end. The encounter system rocks!

I usually don't play rpgs for the fruit of the story, it's mainly all the gameplay that goes with it that keeps me interested.
Yup. All good.

You gain 6 FP after each normal attack. The initial FP level is the same as the character's level.

My copy of Wild Arms 3 has this weird glitch when you fight while on horseback... When you start casting a spell, the character gets stuck in the spell casting animation loop (e.g. Virginia will keep raising her arm constantly, and she will stop when the spell kicks in). PAL weirdness, who knows.

I still have no clue how to get back to Greenlodge after getting Lombardia. Greenlodge has one optional boss and defeating it nets you one EX File Key after all.
Mark57Raider
Regular

Post by Mark57Raider »

Fighting while on horseback really was a nice touch to battling that added realism to the base of riding horses on a world map. Didn't really care for finding dungeons though, as though some really require carefully precision as to unearth the ruins.
casualsax3
Veteran

Post by casualsax3 »

I never got into WA3, perhaps I need to give it another go.
Vault Dweller
Lurker

Post by Vault Dweller »

Agozer wrote:
Mark57Raider wrote:
Agozer wrote:

Yes. LOVE.

Yup. All good.

You gain 6 FP after each normal attack. The initial FP level is the same as the character's level.

My copy of Wild Arms 3 has this weird glitch when you fight while on horseback... When you start casting a spell, the character gets stuck in the spell casting animation loop (e.g. Virginia will keep raising her arm constantly, and she will stop when the spell kicks in). PAL weirdness, who knows.

I still have no clue how to get back to Greenlodge after getting Lombardia. Greenlodge has one optional boss and defeating it nets you one EX File Key after all.
My copy of the game does the exact same thing while on horseback, but I rarely use magic until mid-way through the game or against physical-resistant enemies.

I remember when I first got this game, hated it with a passion because I didn't understand the story. Now it is by far my favorite game story EVER.
[quote="Magus'"]You are officially the first black wigger I've ever met.[/quote]