zget 4

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Clements
Randomness

Post by Clements »

Deathlike2 wrote:Nach, to the other users who want to use the system, it is much simpler to them to use a cfg file than a less than obvious method of inserting the answers via a batch file (the perception sucks). Meh...
Ya. I would have never have come up with the BAT+TXT method without Nach's input.

As I said, it is separate from the zget package, not integrated. If it was integrated, we would not need the bat file and the txt file would be generated by the zget app. Thus my use of a workaround, which is unhyphenated.

"a temporary fix that implies that a genuine solution to the problem is needed."
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

Clements wrote:
As I said, it is separate from the zget package, not integrated. If it was integrated, we would not need the bat file and the txt file would be generated by the zget app.
Which means more work needs to be done on zget development to achieve what could be done anyway.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by Agozer »

Deathlike2 wrote:
franpa wrote:its easier to read with the hyphens in it.

workaround
work-a-round
This post needs an award.
:lol:
Yes.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Clements
Randomness

Post by Clements »

Nach wrote:
Clements wrote:
As I said, it is separate from the zget package, not integrated. If it was integrated, we would not need the bat file and the txt file would be generated by the zget app.
Which means more work needs to be done on zget development to achieve what could be done anyway.
Make-clean was added to zget, yet we had batch file workarounds for it before it was implemented. Currently, users need to be aware of these batch file add-ons and create them themselves. At least 3 users here support some sort of cfg file, so at least 3 users will use it.
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

Agozer wrote:
Deathlike2 wrote:
franpa wrote:its easier to read with the hyphens in it.

workaround
work-a-round
This post needs an award.
:lol:
Yes.
If you're going to hyphenate words to make them easier to read Image you may as well hyphenate them in a sensible fashion. Work-around. It's really quite simple. Although most people tend to break words like that at line endings, not because they're all I LIKE SHORT WORDS. THEY'RE CLEAR AND EASY TO READ. Image

Somebody is sure to be killed for this post. Probably me.
Naelphin
Rookie

Post by Naelphin »

at the part where it asks if you want to autopick the CPU, how about having a choice of selecting one manually? Selecting N would go for default, but you could specify a CPU too, if you're compiling for a different system.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Naelphin wrote:at the part where it asks if you want to autopick the CPU, how about having a choice of selecting one manually? Selecting N would go for default, but you could specify a CPU too, if you're compiling for a different system.
The idea behind archopt is that you would compile ZSNES on the same system to use to run it. If you were to select it, you would HAVE to know what profile (and its name) to use. It's not exactly ideal for the automated system (there's many profiles to even consider).
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
Hyos
Regular

Post by Hyos »

Nach wrote:Anyone looking for anything specific out of zget 5?
I just had one idea when I found zget 4.0 on my laptop that I did not use for a few months: How about allowing zget to check for updates to itself?
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

For those looking to built v1.5, note that zget does not handle building releases.
However you can update to r4137 then navigate to your ZSNES source directory and do:
make -f makefile.ms PLATFORM=win32 RELEASE=yes CPU=your_cpu
make -f makefile.ms PLATFORM=dos RELEASE=yes CPU=your_cpu

Replace your_cpu with whatever archopt tells you that you have.

Note this is for advanced users only.
No complaints, just send money.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by franpa »

PATH c:\blah\blah.exe

how do i set a path? lol because it would just make it that much easier to compile without getting confused.

edit: i worked out with PATH /? that its the above syntax and am building it now :)
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

I posted a silly request here before, but I soon was embarrassed when zget started getting it automatically when it couldn't find it on my harddrive, forgive my ignorance, and THANK YOU for this amazing program, it makes life SO much easier.
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]
Kajuru
Regular

Post by Kajuru »

Anyone tried compiling a DOS port? zget finds and validates zmingw, but not zdjgpp, and dev-c++ copy isn't valid either.
Win port compiles ok. Where can I d/l zget compatible gcc/djgpp?

WINImage

DOSImage
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

try deleting your zdjgpp.7z file
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
Kajuru
Regular

Post by Kajuru »

Same error. I've deleted all files but the stardard one in that folder, and it recreated zmingw4.7z.nget and zmingw4.7z. Is there a way to point it directly to djgpp(just like for zmingw)?
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

edit "zdpath" with notepad
Kajuru
Regular

Post by Kajuru »

franpa wrote:edit "zdpath" with notepad
Pointing to mingw\bin?

BTW, nget IS trying to download zdjgpp.7z from SourceForge, but gets a Connection Refused.

Edit: After hitting 100% it crashed and complained about not being able to retrieve zdjgpp.7z. Maybe the file is down? I know nget tried at least half a dozen times
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

"zmpath" points to your mingw installation and "zdpath" points to your zdjgpp installation.

i would blame sourceforge tho, or your own internet connection.
Kajuru
Regular

Post by Kajuru »

Problem solved, downloaded directly from zsnes.sourceforge.net/zdjgpp.7z
Now all checks are ok.
denzilla
Hazed

Post by denzilla »

When I compile and attempt to use the exe, I get a big black box with a small square section at the bottom left with zsnes running. Any ideas?
Noxious Ninja
Dark Wind

Post by Noxious Ninja »

denzilla wrote:When I compile and attempt to use the exe, I get a big black box with a small square section at the bottom left with zsnes running. Any ideas?
Some recent work on adding OpenGL support to the Windows version has screwed up video scaling. It should be fixed in a few days, or weeks, or before the next release. Maybe.
[u][url=http://bash.org/?577451]#577451[/url][/u]
denzilla
Hazed

Post by denzilla »

Yea, I thought it was probably due to source instability. Thanks :)
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

since filters don't work anymore at the moment, you can use the HQ filter setting to scale the image as appropriate with imo no performance loss.
Kajuru
Regular

Post by Kajuru »

The one I compiled was slow as hell(about half the usual speed). Dunno if it's instability or some new code. Maybe I should stick to Official Releases.
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

when will core2 duo processors be identified properly? my core2 duo e6750 is identified as a pentium-m.
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

I use windows normally, I just installed kubuntu 7.10 "gutsy gibbon" on my secondary hard drive. Any tips for compiling on linux?
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]