Some zsnes linux ports bugs (Ubuntu Feisty Fawn, ZSNES 1.51)

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

DeathRPG

Some zsnes linux ports bugs (Ubuntu Feisty Fawn, ZSNES 1.51)

Post by DeathRPG »

Hello, you're really doing a great job on zsnes linux port, everything has improved a lot lately (the sound now is perfect), but the zsnes, that I compiled, has some weird issues on my pc:
-When I press F1 and then ESC or when I try to take a screenshot zsnes crashes.
- The NTSC filter makes zsnes to be unstable.
-Also sometimes (mostly when I'm using Gaim, but once it happened without it) when I'm in the GUI and I try to load or continue playing the game I loaded, ZSNES exits and the zsnesl.cfg file is corrupted or something like that, because I need to erase it in order to get ZSNES working properly again. I made a backup of a valid "zsnesl.cfg" to look for diferences between the non-working file and the right file but they don't have any differences at all (at least I could notice).
-When ZSNES crashes on full screen mode my X hangs, because if I kill zsnes through a terminal, the resolution is unchanged and the mouse's locked, so the only thing I can do is restart X by pressing CTRL+ALT+BKSPC. Is there a way to fix this on next releases or how do i fix this when it happens?

I know my English is weird and that stuff, but I think that it can be understood perfectly :oops: :roll:
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Backtraces, lib versions, and output from autogen.sh would be nice for a start.

Don't forget to mention GCC and glibc versions.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
DeathRPG

Post by DeathRPG »

Let's see:
I ran configure with: $ ./configure --enable-release -disable-debugger
(I disabled debugger because the ./configure script couldn't detect my ncurses library)
-GCC 4.1.2
-NASM 0.98.38
-SDL 1.2.11
-libpng 1.2.15~beta5-1
-zlibg 1.2.3

glibc? dunno Ubuntu hasn't a package like that and I'm too noobish to know what version I have because I suppose you can't compile ZSNES without having it.

http://www.savefile.com/files/680477 config.log file, it's a big long though
DeathRPG

Post by DeathRPG »

Sorry for doing double-post but I want to say the crashes I had when I took screenshots or I pressed F1 were related to sound because when I tried the binary files that compiled nach, they worked flawlessly compared with the ones I compiled and the main difference with my binaries is that the nach ones is that his zsnes was built with libao support and the mine wasn't. =D
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

Mine didn't have the debugger disabled either.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by DeathRPG »

Sadly I noticed that after you press the "fast" button with this zsnes the sound "de-syncs" (or whatever it's written) from the video by a few parts of second. Well, I made a decision: meanwhile the sound support for linux gets better I'll be using my binary file that I've always used.
Also I don't think it's related to the debugger, with my xubuntu 6.10 I could compile it with the debugger and it crashed too.
That's it!
doktor_kris
Lurker

Post by doktor_kris »

DeathRPG wrote:Sadly I noticed that after you press the "fast" button with this zsnes the sound "de-syncs" (or whatever it's written) from the video by a few parts of second.
By pressing the slowmo button for a second or two, the sound gets
all good and dandy again.