Help with chrono trigger

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

jedsterg

Help with chrono trigger

Post by jedsterg »

i read the stuff and it says the L and R button is D and C but when i stand next to the machine with the blue blinking light and i click d and c and x at the same time nothing happens..someone please help im hooked on the game and i NEED to play it
Noxious Ninja
Dark Wind

Re: Help with chrono trigger

Post by Noxious Ninja »

jedsterg wrote:i NEED to play it
Dude... you should see a doctor about that.

Anyway, I'm afraid I can't help you. Have you tried looking through the documentation that came with ZSNES?
[u][url=http://bash.org/?577451]#577451[/url][/u]
jedsterg

Post by jedsterg »

well i was able to fix the problem, its not a problem with zsnes its just a problem with all emulators and chrono trigger for some reason it cant detect when you do the code(L +R+A) so i used some other crappy emulator and changed the keys L R and A to Q and did the code on that then saved it then copied the saved files then pasted it into my zsnes files so now i can play it on zsnes with my progress past that bit :P thanks anyway
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

It is not an emu issue. It is a keyboard limitation. Please stop putting blame at the wrong culprit.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Also worth noting that you can remap the controls in ZSNES as easily as in "some other crappy emulator."
Kajuru
Regular

Post by Kajuru »

Yes, I noticed the "other crappy emulator" reference. He could have eitheir remap them to the same key, or to ctrl/alt/etc.
jedsterg

Post by jedsterg »

yep but i have no idea how to remap the keys using zsnes, on the other crappy one it was very simple
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

If you'd bother to look around the menus, you'd figure out how to change your keys with very little effort involved.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

jedsterg wrote:the other crappy emulator
You really shouldn't use VSMC these days.
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
bsnes launcher with recent files list
jedsterg

Post by jedsterg »

Agozer wrote:If you'd bother to look around the menus, you'd figure out how to change your keys with very little effort involved.
i look at all the menus alot of times,i know to change them its at the Key Comb. part but i dont understand how to do it the other one was alot more simple and give me a break im new to all this emulator stuff
Noxious Ninja
Dark Wind

Post by Noxious Ninja »

From memory, may be a bit off:

Go to CONFIG --> INPUT.

Choose KEYB/JOYSTICK. Click SET.

Click SET KEYS. Follow the directions.
[u][url=http://bash.org/?577451]#577451[/url][/u]
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

jedsterg wrote:
Agozer wrote:If you'd bother to look around the menus, you'd figure out how to change your keys with very little effort involved.
i look at all the menus alot of times,i know to change them its at the Key Comb. part but i dont understand how to do it
Because you weren't in the right place.

It's in the config menu, not the misc menu.
You know, where you'd EXPECT configuration options to be.

There IS an instruction manual...

and give me a break im new to all this emulator stuff
All the more reason to read the manual.
Seriously.

I was tweaking MAME very shortly after discovering emulation.
And if you can do MAME configs, you can do damn near anything emu-wise.
Kajuru
Regular

Post by Kajuru »

and give me a break im new to all this emulator stuff
If you can't be at the very least "nice" to whoever you're asking stuff, you shouldn't even bother asking.
jedsterg

Post by jedsterg »

Im the one being gang banged about how i should have known how to change the keys using zsnes, be honest who actualy bothers reading all the files that comes with the download before playing a game? its like saying you read through the whole manual and health and safety booklet of your newly bought console before even playing a game. and how on earth is "give me a break" being not 'nice' to people? i was simply defending myself
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

jedsterg wrote:Im the one being gang banged about how i should have known how to change the keys using zsnes, be honest who actualy bothers reading all the files that comes with the download before playing a game? its like saying you read through the whole manual and health and safety booklet of your newly bought console before even playing a game. and how on earth is "give me a break" being not 'nice' to people? i was simply defending myself
This is because the answers you were looking for were covered in the docs... including your original question.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
jedsterg

Post by jedsterg »

Alright i should have read through the documents more but i had no idea it was a keyboard issue i thought i was pressing the wrong key for the L and R button. and realy...who bothers to read all the documents anyway? call me lazy but it doesnt matter my problem is fixed thanks.
Kajuru
Regular

Post by Kajuru »

Seriously, the most remotely un-nice reply you received was regarding your "need to play" as if your life depended on it, and even that I see as a joke comment.

About RTFM, dunno about other people, but I do read it, even more if it comes in a zip file(easier to find than instalers who hide it in the darkest depts of your hd)

Anyway: Config>Input>Keyboard>Set>SetKeys. Straightforward, me thinks.