firewall q, cant host only join q

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

supermariokart

firewall q, cant host only join q

Post by supermariokart »

I was pleased to hear about zsnes (btw i'm too stupid to learn the name of the emulator). I downloaded the latest 1.42 version and super mario kart. There was a guy that was helping me through msn and he helped quite a bit but we hit a brick wall. I can only play when my firewall is off. He made me type in 7845 at the ports, udp etc and did everything twice. Still gotta take off the firewall.

Also i cant seem to host and play, only join and play. When i host a blue box comes up saying terminal, cant connect, cancle.

Is there a way to play with my firewall on, and also host games? THanks
AntoineWG
Trooper

Post by AntoineWG »

A little info about your network setup would be helpful. Do you have a router and do you use a software firewall? There shouldn't be a reason to disable your firewall completely. It just needs to be configured correctly.
[i]"It is better to have tried and failed than to have failed to try, but the result's the same." - Mike Dennison[/i]