Full-Screen ZSNES won't work

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

IgotmyIpod4free

Full-Screen ZSNES won't work

Post by IgotmyIpod4free »

When I try to put the emulator as full screen. It blanks out for a few seconds then minimize to the taskbar and when I click on the program it repeats the same process. Did I mess up something?
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Could you be more specific? What mode where you trying to switch to and are you using a laptop? What video card+OS are you using? If you are using Windows, double check to see if it is the Windows port (Misc->About)
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
IgotmyIpod4free

Desktop PC

AMD 64 3700+
1gb ram
Nvidia GeForce 8500GT
Windows XP Media Center Edition
Exodeity

Post by Exodeity »

This may seem stupid, but are you sure your monitor can support that res.?

-Exo
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

IgotmyIpod4free wrote:Desktop PC

AMD 64 3700+
1gb ram
Nvidia GeForce 8500GT
Windows XP Media Center Edition
You still didn't specify what mode you're trying to switch to.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
IgotmyIpod4free

Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 931b

The monitor can handle up to 1280x1024 @ 60hz refresh rate w/ dvi. I tried to put the snes emulator as full screen with the resolution 1280x1024 or any other resolution at full screen gives me that problem.
creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

Maybe it tries to set a frequency different from 60 Hz.

To test this, use DXDiag to override all modes to 60 Hz, then try loading ZSNES again.
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
bsnes launcher with recent files list
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

You can use the Windowed version of the same mode instead...

Fullscreen mode uses a 16-bit color depth, so if your system/monitor isn't allowing it, the problem is specific to your system/monitor.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
theboy_181
Rookie

Post by theboy_181 »

Does any of this apply to Arcade monitors?? has any one programmed a good resolution to obtain a true fullscreen EX, on an araced cabinet monitor? runnig a aracde VGA (TSR)..

\
Aerdan
Winter Knight

Post by Aerdan »

I don't know where you got the impression that we supported 'arcade' monitors [we don't]. If lower resolutions don't work either, your monitor sucks and should be thrown out.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

For arcade monitors and the DOS port.. I don't care and don't plan to know.

Supporting virtually every resolution (as long as the video card+monitor supports it) can be done with the custom res options.
shnorb

Post by shnorb »

i have recently been encountering the same problem. this never happened before, but just came out of nowhere. no fullscreen modes work at all, and for some reason almost all the filters are missing from the filters tab of the video window...
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

shnorb wrote:i have recently been encountering the same problem. this never happened before, but just came out of nowhere. no fullscreen modes work at all, and for some reason almost all the filters are missing from the filters tab of the video window...
That sounds like an issue with your video drivers (possible recent change in drivers). As for the filters are missing, that would most likely occur if MMX support is not enabled.
Soveilion

Post by Soveilion »

is there a way, using the keyboard, to re-minimize the window? or to reset zsnes (btw i'm too stupid to learn the name of the emulator) so it doesnt open at fullscreen when you start it up?
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Alt+Enter to switch from fullscreen to windowed mode and back. It won't minimize though.
Soveilion

Post by Soveilion »

thx alot :)
(i ment windowed ^^)