new member, longtime user of ZSNESWin, minor issue

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

dragonrazor

new member, longtime user of ZSNESWin, minor issue

Post by dragonrazor »

Hi. I've been using the emulator for a while now, and only two things annoy me. The first is the way the screen blanks out when the emulator starts up and closes. It should be easier to switch between windows on my PC while running it. Second, entering codes is annoying in this. If it's not too much trouble, could some kind of editing menu for cheat codes be implemented in place of the screen that it uses now? Something allowing you to copy/paste at the very least would be helpful.
creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

Don't expect copy'n'paste soon; cheats are pretty low-priority now afaik.

There are other tools to edit CHT files, search the board or see my sig.
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
bsnes launcher with recent files list
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

A) use the same colour depth, refresh rate and resolution as your desktop to stop the black flicker when starting.

B) i though you already can copy and past cheats in the Windows Port...
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Copy+pasting is available for paths in the Windows port.

If you really need an easier way to cheat, just use a Windowed mode and reduce the size of the window by using custom res so you can have a browser/text editor opened and see what you are entering in.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
dragonrazor

Post by dragonrazor »

Deathlike2 wrote:Copy+pasting is available for paths in the Windows port.

If you really need an easier way to cheat, just use a Windowed mode and reduce the size of the window by using custom res so you can have a browser/text editor opened and see what you are entering in.
that's what I've had to do anyways since I can no longer find the book I've been writing codes in. But it would be easier to ast least be able cheat files in an external program, like Gens allows.
NFITC1
Rookie

Post by NFITC1 »

You should use my old cheats program. It should still work in even the latest versions. I made it specifically for the reasons you mentioned.
http://rommvp.zophar.net