Sonic on Nintendo???

Feel free to discuss anything gaming related.

Moderator: General Mods

Thebullfrog
Rookie

Sonic on Nintendo???

Post by Thebullfrog »

Okay, so what can anybody tell me about this ROM?
"Sonic The Hedgehog (UNL)" for the SNES. It seems kinda incomplete (backgrounds are gone and the scoring stats don't appear right at the end of the levels). It's a Sonic game (sorta) where instead of checkpoints you rescue Mario out of cages. Sonic doesn't have any moves such as his spin attack or anything. Really all you can do is run and jump. It's actually kind of amusing to play. Is this an unreleased/ unfinished game, a hack or what? It's really strange seeing Mario and Sonic in the same game together and I'd kinda like to know how it came about.
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

I'm assuming it's a PD rom? I mean, Sega hated Nintendo during the 16-bit war, with all their commercials about the bullshit "blast processing" power.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
bobthebuilder
Hazed

Post by bobthebuilder »

If that is the game I am thinking of, isn't it a hack of the speedy Gonzalez game.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

yes, that's the hack of the speedy gonzales game
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Sounds like a hack to me, not a legit game to begin with.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
Thebullfrog
Rookie

Post by Thebullfrog »

Yeah okay that makes more sense then. I couldn't figure out how those 2 wound up in the same game, and I've never played the Speedy Gonzalas game so I didn't recognize the gameplay. Thanx for clearing that up.
Clements
Randomness

Post by Clements »

It's an unlicenced pirate hack of Speedy Gonzales.
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

yeah it's an old pirated game from ages ago, I love how the checkpoints are marios. "Mario!" they could have done a better job too, Sonic doesn't really operate like sonic.
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

snkcube wrote:I'm assuming it's a PD rom? I mean, Sega hated Nintendo during the 16-bit war, with all their commercials about the bullshit "blast processing" power.
Ummmm, they only did one or two ads with their superior CPU buzzword. Blast Processing died fairly rapidly.

Their Nintendon't ads are a far better example, though they sustained the directly confrontational approach through the entire system's life, and probably would've continued it on the Saturn if there was a Nintendo competitor.
By the time they realized Sony was a problem, SCEA'd already taken the initiative, and Sega was on the defensive(and Sega America was being repeatedly sabotaged by Sega Japan).
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:(and Sega America was being repeatedly sabotaged by Sega Japan).
yeah, wouldn't have mattered if SoA was wearing the pants but they were depending on SoJ for software.
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]