ZSNES 1.36

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Zeppo

ZSNES 1.36

Post by Zeppo »

I'm using the older version of ZSNES and I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem. When I try just opening it with 32-bit quality, it will say "Mode only available in 16-bit." Also, the screen is somewhat fuzzy, as if I was playing on an old TV.

If I open up ZSNES regularly without dragging a rom into it with 16-bit color everything looks crystal clear and nice. But when I load a rom... it goes at some crazy speed (as though you were pressing ~ at all times), but you can still press the ~ to make it go faster....

Anyways, I was wondering if there was any possible way I could play on v 1.36 without having this problem. Basically, being able to play a more clear screen while not having the roms run at lightning speed.

Also, if I drag a rom into ZSNES instead of loading it on 16-bit, it's just as fuzzy as anything I do with 32-bit quality.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Older versions of ZSNES for Windows required you to use a 16-bit desktop. That's the way it was then.

I'm not sure about your speed issue, but make sure you install all relevent patches for your OS involving the CPU, especially if it is from AMD. If you are using dual core, you need to set the affinity of ZSNES to one CPU.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
Zeppo

Post by Zeppo »

Well, I fixed the graphics around a bit through the options in the actual ZSNES. But it still goes at lightning speed with games that I load through the ZSNES, instead of dragging them into the program. I don't really get why/how that would affect the way the game plays... but apparently it does?