Star Ocean Graphics Pack for Game Doctor SF7 purposes

Dejap's website appears to be defunct. This forum is now in archive mode.

Moderator: Dejap Staff

blackrabite

Star Ocean Graphics Pack for Game Doctor SF7 purposes

Post by blackrabite »

Hey there,
I can't seem to find the graphics pack anywhere these days, so I was curious if somebody wouldn't mind either mirroring it for me or sending it to my e-mail address. I can always get on AIM, too. Thanks for the favor!

Also, I was curious as to how to apply the patches to the ROM. First, I need a clean dump. Then, I need to split the file into 8 Mbit segments and remove the header. Am I correct up to this point? Let me know if otherwise. But, do I apply the translation pack and then the graphic decompressing? Or is it the other way around?

...or, do I decompress the graphics before I do any of the above in order to expand the ROM file to 96 Mbits? Then I'd proceed to split the file and patch from there...

As you can see, I'm a little confused. While I'd appreciate if somebody could simply get the graphics pack for me, I'd be ecstatic if I could get some of these questions cleared up. Thank you so much in advance!

Sincerely,
Ben
zidanax
Rookie

Post by zidanax »

PM sent.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

The graphics packs aren't a patch in the normal sense.
They aren't applied to the ROM image, and require special hackery in the emulator to use them.

As far as I know, there are no copiers that can play Star Ocean properly.

You'll have to get a real SO cart(or another S-DD1 game?), burn the patched ROM image onto some EPROMS, and mount those in the cartridge in place of the original ROMs.
Kajuru
Regular

Post by Kajuru »

I think he meant neviksti's patch.