PAR Code Flying Ability Super Mario World

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

V

PAR Code Flying Ability Super Mario World

Post by V »

Hello,

I'm new to this forum. I did a search for what I am looking, and I really could not really find it. If there is indeed already a thread with this info, please direct me to it and delete this thread promptly.

I am looking for a PAR code for flying ability in Super Mario World. I can't find one to work with ZSNES anywhere or some sort of code where Mario has infinite flying power.

Again, if this question has already been asked and has a response, please merge or direct me to it.

Thx

V
NINTENDORIFFIC!
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

AFAIK, there is no such code.

What you really need to do is learn how to fly properly.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
V

Post by V »

Ok.

When I start flying, I can do so for a very short time, then after that, I can't hold it.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks.

V
NINTENDORIFFIC!
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

It's not that hard.

Let's say you are flying from the left side of the screen to the right side of the screen. Best example to use is Donut Plains 1, with the Feather and triple massive coin lines in the air.

The simple trick to keeping yourself afloat in the air is to hit in the opposite direction when Mario is heading downwards. If you are flying from the left to right, just tap the left button when it looks like Mario is going down. Hitting the right button only accelerates Mario's movement downwards. The opposite is done if you are flying in the opposite direction.

When you can properly time it, you can fly even higher.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

Now, where's the screw attack?
creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

paulguy wrote:Now, where's the screw attack?
Only the Princess can use it.
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
bsnes launcher with recent files list
odditude
Official tech support dood

Post by odditude »

I'm sorry, Mario! The Screw Attack is in another castle.
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

V wrote:Ok.

I can do so for a very short time, then after that, I can't hold it.
applying that line to the screw attack suggests you have bigger problems than mario flying ;)

that is unless we're being metaphorical here.
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]
V

Post by V »

Panzer88 wrote:
V wrote:Ok.

I can do so for a very short time, then after that, I can't hold it.
applying that line to the screw attack suggests you have bigger problems than mario flying ;)

that is unless we're being metaphorical here.
I'm female, so that definitely is not a problem I have. :lol:

Thx, Deathlike2, for the tip.
NINTENDORIFFIC!
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

glad you didn't get ticked, I'm a jerk, sorry about the code issue, it's not like the Power Wing in SMB3, flying works differently in the game.
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]
Qyzbud
Rookie

Re: PAR Code Flying Ability Super Mario World

Post by Qyzbud »

Hi V,

Welcome to the ZSNES Board. :)

I'm looking for help with PAR codes, too, so I'd like to be helpful here if I can.
V wrote:I am looking for a PAR code for flying ability in Super Mario World. I can't find one to work with ZSNES anywhere or some sort of code where Mario has infinite flying power.
Are you still hoping to find a code to assist with flying, or has Deathlike2's advice been sufficient?
What kinds of movements or abilities are you hoping to achieve? (apart from the screw attack, c'mon guys!) :roll:

I like to find ways to explore uncharted areas in games, so perhaps I could help you out if you let me know what extra flying abilities you're after. I can't promise results, but I can certainly give it a go.
Super NES... Still the best.
Rydian
Lurker

Post by Rydian »

Jackhammer jump code: 00D7A6DE

Cannot be used while you have a cape, and the increase in verticle movement is rather... slow, but it is an easy way to explore uncharted areas in game, and definately a new way to play.

Of course, if you really wanted to explore uncharted areas, you could use FuSoYa's "Lunar Magic" level/game editor.
Athlon XP 2800+
765MB DDR-333
AGP Geforce 6200

Took me, what, a year to update this info?
And meh, screw legs.
Oh... puns. I get it. Shame on me.
V

Post by V »

Hi, all,

I have been toying around with different codes and have found two codes that, when used together, give permanent flying ability:

7E13E4FF and 7E149F65

With these two codes, you begin to fly as soon as you jump up. To stay in the air, continually press the A button in any direction. To go faster, press the X button along with the A button. You can also control how high or low you wish to go.

I also found antoher code that gives Mario infinite star invincibility:

7E1490FF

Feel free to test these codes out and let me know if they work for anyone else, too!

V
Last edited by V on Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
NINTENDORIFFIC!
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

The Game Genie codebook beat you to the invicibility code a decade+ ago. :P
V

Post by V »

Deathlike2 wrote:The Game Genie codebook beat you to the invicibility code a decade+ ago. :P
:lol: Oh, well, as long as it works! :lol:
NINTENDORIFFIC!
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

what uncharted area's exactly? the screen is fixed in several levels and tho's that aren't fixed you can fly around in already....
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64