Mousewrap porblem and/features missing in emu but in .cfg

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

nensondubois
Rookie

Mousewrap porblem and/features missing in emu but in .cfg

Post by nensondubois »

Sometimes when I leave the screen in window mode to copy codes manually and come back several times; I find that I can't leave the screen and the mouse either disappears and I have to find my way back into ZSNES or the curser gets trapped in ZSNES and when I turn Mousewrap off, the curser gets slow.

One a side note: Some features like Disable echo and disable transparency are not in the emulator but are in the .cfg file which is a tiny bit annoying.
DOLLS (J) [!]
ZNES Developer

Re: Mousewrap porblem and/features missing in emu but in .cf

Post by DOLLS (J) [!] »

nensondubois wrote:Some features like Disable echo and disable transparency are not in the emulator but are in the .cfg file which is a tiny bit annoying.
I completely agree, they should have long been removed.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Options that are in the config file and not in GUI are for users advanced enough to open a txt file and edit values directly.

The mouse goes faster when it's wrapping because we do not scale its movement to ZSNES' resolution (for obvious reasons).
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
nensondubois
Rookie

Post by nensondubois »

Win any of these problems be fixed in later versions? How is disabling transparency and disabling echo for advanced users?
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

nensondubois wrote:Win any of these problems be fixed in later versions? How is disabling transparency and disabling echo for advanced users?
Transparancy is linked to use a 16-bit mode, which is pretty much a non-issue since it's always on for the SDL and Windows port.. it only matters if you are using the DOS port.

Technically, it's either on or its not, depending on the circumstances. It's simply not toggleable.

The "Disable Echo" option is relatively old and is bound as part of the old SPC core. Frankly if you're not going to use it, then it shouldn't ultimately matter.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
nensondubois
Rookie

Post by nensondubois »

hmm... Uh ok. Are both going to toggleable/added in a new version?
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

No.

Advanced means advanced. Either you are or you aren't. If you have to ask, you aren't.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54