Bootleg Demakes Competition

Feel free to discuss anything gaming related.

Moderator: General Mods

DancemasterGlenn
Veteran

Bootleg Demakes Competition

Post by DancemasterGlenn »

There was a competition last month for people to make "bootleg demakes" of popular games... demake essentially is a backwards-remake (for example, what halo would look like on an NES), and the games are bootleg in the sense that they're made to look like knockoffs of said games ("cogs of conflict" anyone?). Anyway, the competition is over and the games are all up on the contest site for downloading and voting! Check them out HERE, if you like them help vote for a winner.
I bring the trouble.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

the demake of SH2 looks sdjfskjgsf awesome. Must try it now.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

I suck. I can't figure out what most of the games are based off of. :(
Johan_H
Starzinger Addict

Post by Johan_H »

Yay, finished! I'll try out a few.
Hey MisterJones, what happened to 50% Biologic Longevity?
MisterJones
Trooper

Post by MisterJones »

I never had the time to finish coding the most basic platform engine (used to have one in SDL i did almost following compeltely a tutotrial I found, but lost it during a reformat, not that it'd have not been better to recode it, it looked like shit AFAIC). Life was hell during teh competition (my dad went onto heart surgery, and i had to take care of the family business in its entirety.

It'd had been a mix between HL and Bad Dudes. I had a few more sprites done (and like 2 tiles moar), however. It'd be a good excercise to finsihs it, regardless of competition.
_-|-_
Johan_H
Starzinger Addict

Post by Johan_H »

I see.
Ah, well, I mostly enjoy demake mock-up screens more than actual demake games anyway.