What's wrong with FF XII??

Feel free to discuss anything gaming related.

Moderator: General Mods

nisse_maggi

What's wrong with FF XII??

Post by nisse_maggi »

I just don't get it..
FF12 is a great game, fun to play etc.
Great, great reviews everywhere..

I agree, it's fun to play.. But the story is just SUCH A BORE!
I have no feelings whatsoever..so far.
I like to get excited about the story of a game..be curious about what's next.. get some goosebumps... maybe cry a bit.
None of these things I have done with FF12.

(And I guess the game is almost over, I'm in the tower (Pharos?) at Ridorana. Not excited at all :( . Does it get better?)

Does anyone feel the same way?
That something is seriously missing?
Maybe because the music is no good?
SmartOne
Tool

Post by SmartOne »

I felt the exact same way. The fact that there's no Nobuo Uematsu takes some serious getting-used-to.

However, I did end up buying the Limited Edition OST. Every listen makes me enjoy the music more (but the in-game un-fancily mastered tracks sound better than the CD soundtrack, if you can believe that.)

Hitoshi Sakimoto's music is pretty complex, so this is why it takes so long to understand it.

My first playthrough of the game wasn't very enjoyable. The combination of the unfamiliar music and low-quality voice-over compression didn't sit well with me.

When I play the game again, (sometime...) I believe it will be a much more enjoyable experience. For me, a lot of the enjoyment of gaming comes from knowing what to expect.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

This is not gamefaqs.

Whining how bad games are bad is a pretty big waste of everyone's time. And an easy bait for flamers and various trolls lurking around.

General announcement: do us all a favour and don't start threads about how a specific game sucks.
It's slightly more acceptable in a more general scope, but singling stuff like that is extremely unproductive.

The fact that DurrOne posted is proof enough.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54