Oboro Muramasa Youtoden

Feel free to discuss anything gaming related.

Moderator: General Mods

Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Oboro Muramasa Youtoden

Post by Neo Kaiser »

It is just me or this game will make a person buy a Wii at first glance?

Because after I saw this now my urges to buy a Wii reactivated. I now need a fucking Wii!
Yes I know that my grammar sucks!
doktor_kris
Lurker

Post by doktor_kris »

So gonna get that one myself, whenever it is released.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Is this game developed by VanillaWare by any chance? Gives off a definite "Odin Sphere meets japanese mythology" vibe.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

Agozer wrote:Is this game developed by VanillaWare by any chance? Gives off a definite "Odin Sphere meets japanese mythology" vibe.
That would be correct.
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

Not trying to look down at the game, but it looks like some sort of super flash game.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
blackmyst
Zealot

Post by blackmyst »

Same could be said for Odin Sphere.

But I really don't agree it has that horrible flash look. And besides, unlike flash, this won't chug like hell, and won't have the cheap ass looking vector stuff interspersed.

It looks better than any 3D game ever could, anyway.
[size=75][b]Procrastination.[/b]
Hard Work Often Pays Off After Time, but Laziness Always Pays Off Now.[/size]
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

blackmyst wrote:Same could be said for Odin Sphere.

But I really don't agree it has that horrible flash look. And besides, unlike flash, this won't chug like hell, and won't have the cheap ass looking vector stuff interspersed.

It looks better than any 3D game ever could, anyway.
I wasn't saying the graphics look bad, on the contrary, but there is something I can't quite put my finger on it, that makes me remember flash animations.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

*fap*fap*fap*

Oh wait
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
DOLLS (J) [!]
ZNES Developer

Post by DOLLS (J) [!] »

I don't like it.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

DOLLS (J) [!] wrote:I don't like it.
Did you like Odin Sphere ?
皆黙って俺について来い!!

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
ZH/Franky

Post by ZH/Franky »

I think this game looks good. Is it coming out in the UK?
Or will it only come out in Japan and the US? I'd love for it to be released in Britain (then again, these jap-to-eng voice-translations usually aren't that good; so even if it's released to the US, I won't import from there either; unless of course they do what they did with Odin Sphere, allowing for japanese voices while implementing English subtitles).

Looks like my trusty soldering iron will be of some use.

PS: Has anyone here played Okami? That game is not good; it's bloody brilliant.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Franky wrote: PS: Has anyone here played Okami? That game is not good; it's bloody brilliant.
Which is why it's a damn shame that the game didn't sell well, and contributed to the fact that Clover Studio was shut down.

Yes, Okami is indeed brilliant; my pick for the best PS2 game ever, and proof that Inaba and co. over at Clover Studio were geniuses.
Last edited by Agozer on Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

I loved Okami. If you have a PS2 or Wii, pick up a copy!
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
DOLLS (J) [!]
ZNES Developer

Post by DOLLS (J) [!] »

grinvader wrote:
DOLLS (J) [!] wrote:I don't like it.
Did you like Odin Sphere ?
Never played it, however, I've just watched the trailer for it and I believe I've just witnessed one of the oddest mash-ups ever; a toss between beat'em up gameplay plus photoshop-era illustration. With narrative.

The backgrounds are nice, though.
snkcube wrote:I loved Okami. If you have a PS2 or Wii, pick up a copy!
Okami is win.
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

the pictures make the game look as though the game uses low quality textures coupled with A blur filter... >.>
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
casualsax3
Veteran

Post by casualsax3 »

Odin Sphere is one of those games that is crippled by one retarded development mistake. In this case it's the stupidly small inventory system. You're constantly interrupting the flow of the game to plant the stupid fucking seeds or throw items out.
ZH/Franky

Post by ZH/Franky »

casualsax3 wrote:Odin Sphere is one of those games that is crippled by one retarded development mistake. In this case it's the stupidly small inventory system. You're constantly interrupting the flow of the game to plant the stupid fucking seeds or throw items out.
Let's just hope this flaw doesn't plague Oboro Muramasa Youtoden. Odin Sphere is an brilliant game, but the limitited inventory space always pissed me off.

Are there are cheats/hacks for Odin Sphere that give a bigger/unlimited invent?
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

From the way it is designed, it's unlikely. Would need rewriting the routine to allocate a variable amount of memory, which would probably hit something else in the ram. Not a good idea.

The flow of the game IS planting seeds. Every damn stage. You're even supposed to plant them WHILE FIGHTING MOBS.
Also throwing items ? You probably missed the whole alchemy thing. Never throw anything. Always fuse it into a mat. That's how you keep a constant stash of 9x mats around ready to blast phozons for napple harvest.

Just play the damn game as it's intended... You know you can inflate your inventory up to 48 items, right ?

Even if you're a crazy collector like me, you'll only waste 8 slots on eq (atk+30%, hp+20%, item+, exp+, drain, dmg->atk, cancel poison, cancel freeze). Defense is ultimately useless, since elixirs/painkillers are so cheap to build.
Then I typically have 10 to 16 potions, the classic P/E/U combo to clear anything without breaking a sweat, and the others for phozon/level building purposes.
That leaves 24 slots for recipe items. Twenty-four. You can make most recipes 6 times in a go with that shit. That's a fuckload of exp, you can believe me on that. ^^

... No, the only real bad thing in Odin Sphere is how ludicrously slow Treebitch eats. I swear, I levelled twice as fast with Gwendolyn just from that difference. On the other hand, she blow holes in anything after you reach high levels much more efficiently. Plus no dizziness. Always nice.

Anyway, about the new game: people who never played Odin Sphere just cannot assume anything from still pictures. Witness how it flows ingame before making your opinion.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

it's nice to see the wii getting love outside of nintendo.

i haven't' seen shovelware as prevalent on any other system. and it's not the quantity of shovelware, it's the lack of top quality.
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

The English title is Muramasa: The Demon Blade. I personaly like these types of games because they are hardcore. I hope that the stages have more variation than the ones from Odin Sphere.
Yes I know that my grammar sucks!