Youtube, Recording Gameplay

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Aspire

Youtube, Recording Gameplay

Post by Aspire »

Okay, I've been messing with this for awhile now and I can't figure this out. Several people on Youtube managed to record very high quality vids of their ZSNES gameplays, however when I try to do the same thing the quality turns out real bad compared to theirs.

Is there anyone here who has experience with this and knows how to fix the quality to be better? (Also as a sidenote, the resolution of the vid somehow always defaults to 256x224 when recording in ZSNES, even after changing this in the config file. So I'm not sure how to change that, but I'm pretty sure that might be why the quality reduces so much when uploading to youtube, since it gets enlarged again).

Is there some way to change the resolution the final vid gets saved in?
I tried to use "Custom" option too but then it bugs up and goes in an endless loop without actually saving a vid. So some help would be appreciated :X
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
Aspire

Post by Aspire »

Ah thanks, that's a start on getting things working. Can you help me out with this part though;

also I need to know what are the equivalents settings used in lame.exe
Code:
-V# --vbr-new
for the Mencoder's lame library
I'm not sure what he meant by that :(
Sorry if it's bothering people haha. I'm pretty new to this thing.

Edit:
Tried it out, no good. The quality actually gets even worse. I must be doing something wrong again lol.

Also the sound is completely gone in the result. It doesn't dump the audio even when I told it to do it using those settings.
creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

You could try a SNES9x build from (here), it has built-in AVI recording.
Unfortunately you'd have to record your gameplay again.

For postprocessing I recommend VirtualDubMod and AviSynth.
You can preserve the flickering effects with that, fine-tune codecs, ...
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
bsnes launcher with recent files list
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

If you want anything above 256x224, use an external grabber like fraps or smth.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
KingMike
Rookie

Post by KingMike »

SNES9x, at least the version I have with AVI recording. It works, but is kind of a pain because I don't hear sound and the game runs at like half speed (though the sound and speed are correct in the output file).
creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

You can record a *.SMV movie first. Then start AVI recording, load the SMV, wait until it's finished, stop AVI recording, and remove the superfluous frames with VirtualDub(Mod) or a similar tool.

Note that the latest version of SNES9x (1.51) doesn't add the status messages to the AVI file.
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
bsnes launcher with recent files list
isamu
Hazed

Post by isamu »

Just curious but can you record movies of netplay ZSNES games as well or just via offline?