SPC player from bsnes

Anything else related to bsnes goes there.
joe_devore
Regular

Post by joe_devore »

kode54 wrote:
joe_devore wrote:The playback for some SPC are not perfect, like SNES game Eien no Filena.
and some others I can't recall off hand.

other then that its great.

Because I stuck using Win2K (and I'm not complaining) I can't use the latest version of Foobar2000. :(
Have you tried the latest foo_gep? You're lucky I still use an older SDK that works with versions as old as 0.9.3.
I check for updates every week. :) ^^... Wait a sec your Avatar Name is the same as the guy who maintains the kode's foobar2000 plug-ins
Is that you :D?

grinvader wrote:Alternatively, is your SPC rip valid or half-assed ?

Distributed Tenshi no uta rips had major channel issues ages before they got properly reripped.
That I can't answer. :( I haven't checked for new or updated SPCs in a while. I get to it at some point. If you know a site that has a Good Rip of Eien no Filena that would great. My copy of Tenshi no uta_SPC works as far as I know.
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

joe_devore wrote:Wait a sec your Avatar Name is the same as the guy who maintains the kode's foobar2000 plug-ins
Is that you :D?
Yup... Image
byuu

Post by byuu »

joe_devore wrote:Wait a sec your Avatar Name is the same as the guy who maintains the kode's foobar2000 plug-ins
Believe it or not, he's also kode54 from the ZSNES boards. You know, the one who uses the cat picture for an avatar :)
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

byuu wrote:
Believe it or not, he's also kode54 from the ZSNES boards. You know, the one who uses the cat picture for an avatar :)
as well as hand maid may guy, queen zeal, and as of late that creepy eyeball
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

Yup, and that's my eye, too.

Anyway, I found a SPC rip of Eien no Filena in the GoodSPC set, not even tagged, the lazy bastards. Uploaded here. Lots of tracks have a loud pop at the start, but I have no hardware ready for SPC playback. (I have a system, but no backup device.)
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

Bump for code fix. Due to some idiotic conversion error, the project file for my copy of Game_Music_Emu wasn't optimizing properly. Recompiling with proper optimization flags and link-time code generation enabled brings the binary size down about 100KB, and brings the accurate snes_spc core up to 19x real-time. Much better.

Fixed version uploaded to the usual place, download and enjoy.
blargg
Regular

Post by blargg »

How fast does the fast DSP run with the proper settings now? :)
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

blargg wrote:How fast does the fast DSP run with the proper settings now? :)
47.8x now. Quite an improvement.
kick
Trooper

Post by kick »

Does anyone have a working link for Mudlord's standalone plugin for XMPlay (in_spc)?
All the links and mirrors in this thread are dead :(
Due to some idiotic conversion error, the project file for my copy of Game_Music_Emu wasn't optimizing properly. Recompiling with proper optimization flags and link-time code generation enabled brings the binary size down about 100KB, and brings the accurate snes_spc core up to 19x real-time. Much better.
1. Nice,but this plugin is only available for Foobar2000 (no XMPlay-compatible version yet :( )

2. Hmmm...does this mean Mudlord's standalone DLL is also affected by this issue? If so,can you make a fixed (optimized) version of it?
Last edited by kick on Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
[i]Have a nice kick in da nutz[/i] @~@* c//
h4tred

Post by h4tred »

http://snesemu.black-ship.net/index.php ... c&list=all

There.

Source code for in_spc is gone (lost most of my other code for other stuff too), but I can easily rewrite the plugin. I need to because:

* The code was all messy (in_gme is most likely worse)
* Sample buffer code is messy (need help with that, since I am not a sound expert)
* I need to get back to coding again.

And no, when I rewrite it (when I get into the mood), there still won't be RSN support. I won't resort to Winamp hackery like what SnesAMP does.

Apologies for the website. I am moving to a different host.
joe_devore
Regular

Post by joe_devore »

kode54 wrote:Yup, and that's my eye, too.

Anyway, I found a SPC rip of Eien no Filena in the GoodSPC set, not even tagged, the lazy bastards. Uploaded here. Lots of tracks have a loud pop at the start, but I have no hardware ready for SPC playback. (I have a system, but no backup device.)
Hey Thanks... but its still doing the same thing it always has, a Static burst in the 1st second of playback. Thanks Anyway
kode54 wrote:Bump for code fix. Due to some idiotic conversion error, the project file for my copy of Game_Music_Emu wasn't optimizing properly. Recompiling with proper optimization flags and link-time code generation enabled brings the binary size down about 100KB, and brings the accurate snes_spc core up to 19x real-time. Much better.

Fixed version uploaded to the usual place, download and enjoy.
Thank you SIR, you are a Miracle Worker ^^

oh on another note, I have checked the version of the Foo_gep and it has been showing version 1.5.0 for a very long time now..... I don't suppose you could correct that the next time you compile a fix? Thanks
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

Why do I have cigarettes named after me now? what did I do >_<"
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

I'm not entirely sure, actually.
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

I.S.T. wrote:
Gil_Hamilton wrote:Nothing as strong as you.
Wait.... YOU SMOKE FRANPA?!
Johan_H wrote:First one to make an image of a pack of "franpa" smokes probably wins something?
because it's the zboard. does there need to be any other reason?
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

That was from September? No wonder we were confused.
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

better late than never :D
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

franpa wrote:Why do I have cigarettes named after me now? what did I do >_<"
I'm sure that was a photoshop

Relax.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

boatoshop

2 serious
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

adventure_of_link wrote:
franpa wrote:Why do I have cigarettes named after me now? what did I do >_<"
I'm sure that was a photoshop

Relax.
I was well aware of that fact.
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
Johan_H
Starzinger Addict

Post by Johan_H »

Haha, the random- and lateness of it all made me lol at least.
h4tred

Post by h4tred »

For those that care, website is up again with links for the plugin.

The standalone plugin as well as the main plugin is going to be rewritten.
SmartOne
Tool

Post by SmartOne »

Will the Winamp in_spc.dll be updated alongside foo_gep? I assume foo_gep is up-to-date since it appeared here: http://snesemu.black-ship.net/index.php ... c&list=all
h4tred

Post by h4tred »

Well, I will when I get my dev PC up and running again, as well as other things....

And my GME plugin needs to be redone too. Loads of stuff I want to try with it.
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

What IS your website? the original links in the MGME thread are still needing an update.