So where is the current SVN repository

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

hordeking

So where is the current SVN repository

Post by hordeking »

Since all I've seen is "where it WON'T be at anymore", this begs the question of where I can find the closest thing to bleeding edge I care to try.

Additionally, what exactly are the dependencies? Apparently QT is a requirement for Zsnes now (is there a qt package that is less than 100mb that I can use?). Anything else I should know about?
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

Sourceforge has the latest public code. current work has been private for some time now.
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
denzilla
Hazed

Post by denzilla »

franpa wrote:Sourceforge has the latest public code. current work has been private for some time now.
I wish devs would post updates on how things are coming along from time to time. Its interesting to read about the progress being made.
ShadowFX
Regular

Post by ShadowFX »

denzilla wrote:I wish devs would post updates on how things are coming along from time to time. Its interesting to read about the progress being made.
I'm also interested in current progress, if there is any to begin with, of course. It's out when it's out, yes, but it seems more and more likely that development has halted a long time ago (of course, I can't be certain of that at all).

pagefault also hasn't posted on these forums for quite a long time and he was the lead developer at the time, if I'm not mistaken.
[i]"Change is inevitable; progress is optional"[/i]
Nightcrawler
Romhacking God

Post by Nightcrawler »

The devs typically claim:

1. If there's news to report, they'll report it.
2. Don't assume it to be dead if you hear nothing.
3. They don't want to waste time answering questions and informing their user base when they could be working on the emulator instead.

I'm not entirely sure I agree with that mentality, but that's the way it is. That usually results in long lengths of time hearing nothing with no releases. History has shown it could be a year or longer.
[url=http://transcorp.romhacking.net]TransCorp[/url] - Home of the Dual Orb 2, Cho Mahou Tairyku Wozz, and Emerald Dragon SFC/SNES translations.
[url=http://www.romhacking.net]ROMhacking.net[/url] - The central hub of the ROM hacking community.
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

I hear they chat on IRC about development instead of the forum...
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
morikaweb

Post by morikaweb »

Nightcrawler wrote:The devs typically claim:

1. If there's news to report, they'll report it.
2. Don't assume it to be dead if you hear nothing.
3. They don't want to waste time answering questions and informing their user base when they could be working on the emulator instead.
Is not 1 and 2 a contradiction? If there is news they will report it, IE. no reports no news. So how can it not be dead if there has not been news in 2 years now?
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

It will have been 2 years on the 3rd of september ;)
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

Some news:
Many graphical glitches have been fixed in our developer tree recently.
You may now carry on with your daily lives.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by denzilla »

Oh hell Nach, you can do better than that! :P
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

denzilla wrote:Oh hell Nach, you can do better than that! :P
Well yes I could, there's a bunch of changes in our private tree, I'm not going to elaborate on them though.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by grinvader »

As a note, all the graphic fixes (we'll make a list... eventually) come from Jonas and his awesome prowess.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
denzilla
Hazed

Post by denzilla »

Is pagefault still active?
hordeking

Post by hordeking »

Well, nice to know it isn't dead.

I've been pulling from a CVS zsnes.cvs.sourceforge.net, but recently found the svn.

I actually went looking because the version that comes from CVS bears a pre-v1.43, but the date shown is really up to date :), while the site says "up-to-date" is 1.51. Maybe I'm pulling from the current repository. The most recent CVS update bore the date of March 22nd.

Perhaps I should report on an interesting potential timing bug I've seen in Chronotrigger (and possibly in other things, as well).
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Too bad we're already aware of this for a while.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
Squall_Leonhart
Trooper

Post by Squall_Leonhart »

Nach wrote:
Well yes I could, there's a bunch of changes in our private tree, I'm not going to elaborate on them though.
Toaster plugin now makes fruit toast?
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/squall_leonhart69r/Final_Fantasy_8/squall_sig1.gif[/img]
[url=http://vba-m.com/]VBA-M Forum[/url], [url=http://www.ngohq.com]NGOHQ[/url]
ShadowFX
Regular

Post by ShadowFX »

denzilla wrote:Is pagefault still active?
Moreover, were the new cores implemented succesfully (excuse me for probably not using the proper term(s))? I believe those affected sound and other internal functions, aimed for accuracy.
[i]"Change is inevitable; progress is optional"[/i]
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

Squall_Leonhart wrote:
Nach wrote:
Now I can't give away the secrets, can I?

But just think, now your car has a gun on the hood by default, and you're actually able to have a space duel against the computer!

Post by Squall_Leonhart »

Nach wrote:
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
Nach wrote:
Would bribes change that? :P
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/squall_leonhart69r/Final_Fantasy_8/squall_sig1.gif[/img]
[url=http://vba-m.com/]VBA-M Forum[/url], [url=http://www.ngohq.com]NGOHQ[/url]
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

Squall_Leonhart wrote:
Nach wrote:
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
Nach wrote:
Would bribes change that? :P
If you send me $500, I'll send you a tarball of the current code so you can see for yourself all the cool changes.

Post by grinvader »

denzilla wrote:Is pagefault still active?
Busy as fuck, but alive and kicking. He's put up a clone hiring notice to help him code moar.
We're all in that situation, pretty much. Except Jonas.

He's probably an alien and can make all those kidnapped people code in their brain when they sleep and then upload the result to the jonascave central compies for review.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Thalon
Rookie

Post by Thalon »

grinvader wrote:He's probably an alien and can make all those kidnapped people code in their brain when they sleep and then upload the result to the jonascave central compies for review.
Nice to hear he's fine and still kicking, but as I said in another post he's certainly not an alien, and now that the 1st of april is near and many newbies (like that marvellous specimen that started that thread) are going to post here scared to death because of that timed prank, maybe it's time to be prepared to invent new alternative identities for him and the rest of zsnes' team now that the "Miyamoto san" hypothesis has been exploited :lol:
h4tred

Post by h4tred »

He's probably an alien and can make all those kidnapped people code in their brain when they sleep and then upload the result to the jonascave central compies for review.
Or the person is a mere robot who knows the C++ specifications like the back of thier hand like blargg. :shock: (dunno if blargg is a superhuman being or not o: )
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Jonas codes in assembly, durr.

Which is how our renderers are made.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

Thalon wrote: [...] and now that the 1st of april is near and many newbies (like that marvellous specimen that started that thread) are going to post here scared to death because of that timed prank, maybe it's time to be prepared to invent new alternative identities for him and the rest of zsnes' team now that the "Miyamoto san" hypothesis has been exploited :lol:
assuming any n00bs survive april 1st

http://tinyurl.com/dcmexp

the end is nigh
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]