cant see video

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

wannaplay

cant see video

Post by wannaplay »

Can anyone help me??

I have installed Zsnes and when I launch the program I only see a black screen. It continues to load until I go back to windows. I get an error message:

Idirectdraw7::setdisplaymode failed. make sure your video card supports this mode.

Then I press okay and only the sound comes on??

I have a Radion X1300 video card that has been great (as best as it can be)

I am running Vista home premium 64 bit.
Tried many things, cant figure it out.

Someone please help
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Update your Catalyst drivers if you haven't done so.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Dullaron
Lurker

Post by Dullaron »

Install Direct X as well.
Window Vista Home Premium 32-bit / Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.40Ghz / 3.00 GB RAM / Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

It sounds to me that you're trying to use a full screen mode that your system does not support (video card and/or monitor).

Edit zsnesw.cfg with Notepad or some text editor and make sure you are using a Windowed mode... or if you MUST use a full screen mode, you need to use a custom resolution that your system will allow/support.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
wannaplay

Post by wannaplay »

Thanks guys,

I updated my driver which allowed me to upgrade the resolution to 1050. And I dont know how but it worked....

So thanks