Zsnes Windows 7 incompatablity with ZMV's

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Shinrin
Rookie

Zsnes Windows 7 incompatablity with ZMV's

Post by Shinrin »

I have been using Windows 7 RC on my computer currently and decided to record a video in Zsnes (latest official release) and dump it with mendcoder.

The recording when well, but the problem was when trying to dump it, Zsnes froze and wouldn't unfreeze. (though alt+f4 worked to close it out) So I decided to play back the file, The emulator acted froze beside the fact that you could fas tforward the movie, but couldn't hit escape or anything to get back to the GUI. So I decided to test it with a ZMV i recorded in XP and it worked fine, recorded a new movie and it failed as well, but would go to the game after the zmv finished and unfreeze.

But i found a solution to the problem as this problem could be in the final version of Windows 7. Just set zsnes to run in windows xp (service pack 3) compatablity mode and the bug is fixed.

If this needs to go somewhere else, just put it where it needs to go. ZMV thread or different part of the forum. I just thought I'd be nice to post this up for people who are using windows 7. :)
[img]http://i533.photobucket.com/albums/ee335/mcsigshop/Shinrin.png[/img]
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

What the ZMV was created with shouldn't make a difference.
Although I can see a new Windows version doing something stupid which would break pipes, although I sure hope not. Could be the version of MEncoder you use isn't Windows 7 ready. Although working with certain ZMVs but not others seems very strange.

This will require a lot more testing to verify what is and isn't happening.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by Shinrin »

Mencoder works fine in windows 7 after you set zsnes to windows xp compatibility mode.

Even deleted/renaming the config files didn't work.
[img]http://i533.photobucket.com/albums/ee335/mcsigshop/Shinrin.png[/img]