WHAT GAMES ARE YOU PLAYING THESE DAYS

Feel free to discuss anything gaming related.

Moderator: General Mods

Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

I.S.T. wrote:
Gil_Hamilton wrote:I have a working XBox again. So.... GUNVALKYRIE! YEAH!
Fuck that, Panzer Dragoon Orta. :P
Considered it. Both of them are very polite games. They say PLEASE press start.
But... GUNVALKYRIE! FUCK YEAH!
kieran_
Mugwump

Re: WHAT GAMES ARE YOU PLAYING THESE DAYS

Post by kieran_ »

kieran_ wrote:HALF-LIFE. The Original game. It is the first time I have ever used my Win98 partition.

NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. Very addictive and enjoyable.

AND: Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan

http://tinyurl.com/znhqj
I REMEMBER THAT
mudlord
has wat u liek

Post by mudlord »

Zombie Shooter (scene release)
Alien Shooter Revisited (scene release)
Starcraft (retail, so I could play online with people that want to..)
Bionic Commando Rearmed (scene release)

I don't play or buy any new games anymore. Except if they are under 300MB. Plus, scene release methods are much more effective than Steam or any other system.
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

:( Pirating games by tiny devs?
creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

I'm currently doing a speedrun of Lugaru (challenges levels only).

8 out of 14 levels are already done: pic
Last edited by creaothceann on Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
bsnes launcher with recent files list
mudlord
has wat u liek

Post by mudlord »

I.S.T. wrote::( Pirating games by tiny devs?
Piracy does not discriminate. :roll:
If people don't get that, they can go in a ditch and die.

I know enough sense not to make any software shareware or commercial, since its going to be pirated no matter what. No matter the protection. :? I just don't get why devs don't get that.

Steam utterly fails as a protection system, Securom fails, Starforce/Themida/EXECryptor/VMProtect fails.

End of story.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Project Zero aka Fatal Frame, second playthrough. Trying to complete the Ghost List.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

mudlord wrote:
I.S.T. wrote::( Pirating games by tiny devs?
Piracy does not discriminate. :roll:
If people don't get that, they can go in a ditch and die.

I know enough sense not to make any software shareware or commercial, since its going to be pirated no matter what. No matter the protection. :? I just don't get why devs don't get that.

Steam utterly fails as a protection system, Securom fails, Starforce/Themida/EXECryptor/VMProtect fails.

End of story.
And they still make money off of those games/whatever. your point? Something has to fund game development. Where's the money going to come from?
mudlord
has wat u liek

Post by mudlord »

And they still make money off of those games/whatever. your point?
The point is, there will always be .............people....who buy stuff. Like the people who think piracy = bad, or the religious people that think piracy is a sin.

So really, wheres the harm. And DRM ain't helping. Its always busted, hence my original point: why bother with it when we will bust it anyway, no matter how long it takes.
funkyass
"God"

Post by funkyass »

Shareholders are the only ones that seen non-purchases as theft.
Does [Kevin] Smith masturbate with steel wool too?

- Yes, but don’t change the subject.
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

if it's a gargantuan company I don't really care but I pay up to small developers if I think their game is really worth it, it's the only way we get success in the niche areas that we like is if we are willing to support them, not that I care if someone else doesn't, it's just my way of funding the content I enjoy.
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

So... will all future posts indicate the exact platform and nature of acquisition?
Or can we go back to just naming games?
Rashidi
Trooper

Post by Rashidi »

speaking of names, does anyone here know korean?

i'm looking for the name of this less known (old dos) game:
kieran_
Mugwump

Post by kieran_ »

Crysis. AWESOME.
byuu

Post by byuu »

It's called Meitanye, or 메타녀~부립메타토폴로지 대학부속 여자고등학교~

It appears to be a Korean version of Metajou, or メタ女 (meta-woman), which is a PC-98 game:
http://blogimg.goo.ne.jp/user_image/58/ ... 3f9845.jpg
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

mudlord wrote: I know enough sense not to make any software shareware or commercial, since its going to be pirated no matter what. No matter the protection. :? I just don't get why devs don't get that.

End of story.
I don't know why companies don't just use what Stardock does? To use there software illegally you have to change your system ID (what is proper term?) which pretty much invalidates the installation of various programs already installed on your computer ._.
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
Rashidi
Trooper

Post by Rashidi »

byuu wrote:It's called Meitanye, or 메타녀~부립메타토폴로지 대학부속 여자고등학교~

It appears to be a Korean version of Metajou, or メタ女 (meta-woman), which is a PC-98 game:
http://blogimg.goo.ne.jp/user_image/58/ ... 3f9845.jpg
cool, thats very helpful information which i need, thank you.
now i gonna hunt for the original one.

UPDATE:
thanks to the info, i find the pc-98 emulator, and Metajou disk-image, the music of that game really into my liking. Its totaly better than ripped Korean version.

Glory to anything that OPL-3 or older !!
Last edited by Rashidi on Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
gllt
NO VOWELS >:[

Post by gllt »

on my real lime green gbc;
survival kids (left island as mery with bub and ken)
zelda dx (minimally)
pokemon tcg (lol didnt know I had this game but now i remember)
neoblaze
8-bit Moderator

Post by neoblaze »

I downloaded some class titles from XBL the other day, so I've just gotten through Wolfenstein 3D, and I'm almost at the end of the second campaign of Doom at the moment. Also I'm getting into The Dishwasher and Monkey Island: Special Edition. <3

Oh, and Sims 3. It's like WoW for girls, except I'm totally a dude.
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

franpa wrote:I don't know why companies don't just use what Stardock does? To use there software illegally you have to change your system ID (what is proper term?) which pretty much invalidates the installation of various programs already installed on your computer ._.
Sounds fine to me, since their software is pretty much pointless anyway. Windows Vista and 7 have a sufficient default system theme, with configurable color tinting. And now with Windows 7, there's a sufficient replacement for a dock application. Any other Stardock applications worth stealing? Or better yet, buying, like people who actually have money do.
mudlord
has wat u liek

Post by mudlord »

franpa wrote:
mudlord wrote: I know enough sense not to make any software shareware or commercial, since its going to be pirated no matter what. No matter the protection. :? I just don't get why devs don't get that.

End of story.
I don't know why companies don't just use what Stardock does? To use there software illegally you have to change your system ID (what is proper term?) which pretty much invalidates the installation of various programs already installed on your computer ._.
I doubt that. Its relatively simple, in a protection sense, to sever the need for activation in apps.
lordmissus
Ignorant Child

Post by lordmissus »

Ok, here's the rundown:
- Shin Megami Tensei 2 (SNES)
- Pure (PS3)
- Need for Speed Undercover (PS3)
- Virtua Fighter 5 (PS3)
- Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (PS3)
- Resident Evil 5 (PS3)
- Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (PS3)
- Left 4 Dead (XBOX 360)
- Bionic Commando: Rearmed (XBOX 360)
- Doom (XBOX 360); a company called Nerve ported the game. It's available on XBLA
- Grand Theft Auto 4 (XBOX 360)
- Grand Theft Auto 4: Lost and Damned (XBOX 360)

Quite a busy schedule.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

kode54 wrote:
franpa wrote:I don't know why companies don't just use what Stardock does? To use there software illegally you have to change your system ID (what is proper term?) which pretty much invalidates the installation of various programs already installed on your computer ._.
Sounds fine to me, since their software is pretty much pointless anyway. Windows Vista and 7 have a sufficient default system theme, with configurable color tinting. And now with Windows 7, there's a sufficient replacement for a dock application. Any other Stardock applications worth stealing? Or better yet, buying, like people who actually have money do.
Apparently, Stardock has a whole line of games.

And they made a big deal about not putting any copy protection whatsoever on them. Figured it didn't stop pirates, and just caused headaches for their legitimate customers.
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:Apparently, Stardock has a whole line of games.

And they made a big deal about not putting any copy protection whatsoever on them. Figured it didn't stop pirates, and just caused headaches for their legitimate customers.
Forgot about those. There might be a point to getting those, and they're probably worth paying for anyway.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

kode54 wrote:
Gil_Hamilton wrote:Apparently, Stardock has a whole line of games.

Forgot about those. There might be a point to getting those, and they're probably worth paying for anyway.
They also don't support franpa's argument.
Which I'm still not sure what he's actually talking about with changing the system ID in the first place.